Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
218 views
Hello In my radgrid one edit form .. i will update some values.. I handle some java script code for validation
Their one textbox UPC .. if UPC code is not valid it will show alert message.. after showing alert message when i tried to click on cancel. It will again and again warn me "Invalide UPC".. it's not handle cancel button click.

Code for UPC textbox

javascript
function validateUPC(txtUPC) {
        debugger;
        var txtboxUPC = document.getElementById(txtUPC);
        if (txtboxUPC.value.length != 12) {
            alert('Invalid UPC Barcode');
            txtboxUPC.focus();
            return false;
        }

        if (!validateUPCCode(txtboxUPC.value)) {
            alert('Invalid UPC Barcode');
            txtboxUPC.focus();
            return false;
        }

code behind cs file  to call javascript on textbox onblur
TextBox txtGameUPC = (TextBox)editForm.FindControl("txtGameUPC");
               txtGameUPC.Visible = true;
               txtGameUPC.Enabled = false;
               //Call Java script function to validate the UPC code
               txtGameUPC.Attributes.Add("onblur", "validateUPC('" + txtGameUPC.ClientID + "');");


On cancel button click
javascript
function RaiseCancel(sender, args) {
        if (args.get_commandName() == "CancelUpdate")//check for the condition
        {
            //your code here
        }
    }

<ClientSettings>
                    <ClientEvents OnCommand="RaiseCancel" />
                </ClientSettings>
It's does not raise event cancel. I don't know why this is happen ...

Help me urgent

plz find attach file u get an idea
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2011
1 answer
81 views
Problem:  
When I, as a site collection admin, click on the DocumentManager icon, the pop up screen will show NOT FOUND for all the libraries.  See attached screen shot.

Configuration:
I don't have the DocumentsPath tag at all in the config.xml

Attempts:
When I put the DocumentPath tag with root document, it will show up on the pop up screen with just that library.
    <property name="DocumentsPaths">
        <item>/Documents</item>
        <item>whatever</item>
    </property>
and "whatever" will show as NOT FOUND.

Other findings:
Another developer, who I believe has farm admin rights, can see all the libraries instead of NOT FOUND.  
This also works on a few different site collections with a site collection admin but not for others.  
We have this working a few months ago and not sure why it stopped working all of the sudden.
We have to leave it dynamic to go through all libraries


Is it a known bug and got addressed in the newer version?
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2011
3 answers
891 views
DISCLAIMER:  I am brand new to the Telerik ASP.NET AJAX toolkit.  So my apologies if these are truly "newbie" questions.

Environment: ASP.NET 3.5, Windows 7, IE 8, ASP.NET, Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Q3 2009 SP3


I have a RadGrid with a number of columns.
I have successfully bound the RadGrid to a DataTable in the C# code behind.  When the grid is displayed, the correct values are shown.

Note:  I am using stored procedures to populate my source DataTable.  In order to update the database properly, I have to manually execute multiple stored procedures.  So, it's my understanding that I can't use "Automatic" mode for this RadGrid.  (Am I correct on this?)

When I click the Edit link on one of the grid's row, the row is changed to allow me to enter new values. (FYI, I've used both in-place and EditForm editing.)

The problem is that once I click the Update link, the new values I typed in are not saved.  (My plan is to get the new values typed in, and then manually update the database via the various stored procs.)

I added an UpdateCommand event handler, but when I look at e.Item, it gives me the the old value, not the new value.

Please advise...

Thanks,

Mitch

 

protected void RadGridNextSteps_UpdateCommand(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e)
{
    GridDataItem editItem = e.Item as GridDataItem; // found the row
    TableCell cell = editItem["sDisplayText"]; // found the cell
    TextBox txt = cell.Controls[0] as TextBox; // found the control
    string itemValue = txt.Text; // found the control’s value
    // Problem: itemValue is old value, not new value.
}

 

Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jan 2011
8 answers
465 views

Hello Telerik Team,

I have a requirement where i need to bind the Radscheduler to two datasources.Meaning
I have developed a usercontrol which is wrapped in  a Sharepoint webpart which consists of a
rad scheduler.As of now my rad scheduler pulls the information from a specific list.
But now i need to pull the information  for the appointments not only from a specific list but also from a sql database table.

what is the method i need to follow.
Do i need to use this

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/schedule_databindingimplementingaproviderthatsupportsmultivaluedresources.html

Any sample for this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Smith

roshani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Jan 2011
2 answers
181 views
Hi.

Is it possible to export the content of a webpage to PDF or Word or does the content have to be within a RadGrid, Telerik Report of RadEditor?

At a push I could get the content appearing in a RadEditor and use that components built in export functions but it's not ideal. And I can only Export to PDF or RTF. And the RTF format does not render html tables or images which means that's a non-starter.

Thanks
Chris
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
3 answers
150 views

Hi Team ,

I have created webpart where i have included RadScript manager as below . Webpart is displaying correctly where as when I take mouse over any item on left navigation bar i get error as "A runtime error has occured .Do you wish to Debug?" and when I debug the error control takes me over to "onmouseover="Menu_HoverStatic(this)" ,Can you suggest as how to go about the issue .

ScriptManager

 

_scriptManagerTree = ScriptManager.GetCurrent(this.Page);

 

 

if (_scriptManagerTree == null)

 

{

_scriptManagerTree =

new RadScriptManager();

 

 

this.Controls.AddAt(0, _scriptManagerTree);

 

}
Regards
Srujan.N

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
5 answers
80 views
Hi,

I have hierarchical rad grid with filtering.
My scenario of Issue as  follows:
  • 1st detail table has been expanded and 2nd one has been collapsed.
  • I am typing some thing (eg: "A" ) inside the filter text box in 1st grid (eg: " FirstName" Column) and apply filter (eg: stars with...)
  • Then I expand the 2nd grid
  • The letter "A" which I have typed in 1st grid's filter text box is being displayed in 2nd grid " FirstName" column's filter text box also.
  • Filter value is only being displayed NOT FILTERED the 2nd grid.
  • What I want is to stop displaying filter value of one grid inside another grid's same column filter text box.
Can you please give me a solution to overcome this issue.

Regards,
Madu
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
2 answers
77 views
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the intended results of RadRating or its just in my case, but I have created a Yes/No rating similar to the demo and the problem I encountered was when I set the RadRatingItem to Value="0", then on the initial page_load, the SelectedImageUrl is used as the default image vs ImageUrl.  I'm using the RadRating in a grid and all the grid results produce the same results.

Here is the RadRating source:
<telerik:RadRating ID="ratingBinary" runat="server" ItemHeight="20px" ItemWidth="20px"
   Orientation="Horizontal" SelectionMode="Single" AutoPostBack="true" OnRate="ratingBinary_Rate">
      <Items>
         <telerik:RadRatingItem Value="0"
            HoveredImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/downh.png"
            HoveredSelectedImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/downh.png"
            SelectedImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/downh.png"
            ImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/down.png"
            ToolTip="No" />
         <telerik:RadRatingItem Value="1"
            HoveredImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/uph.png"
            HoveredSelectedImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/uph.png"
            SelectedImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/uph.png"
            ImageUrl="Assets/Collection/Images/Rating/Binary/up.png"
            ToolTip="Yes" />
      </Items>
</telerik:RadRating>

The goal was to use 0 & 1 for the rateBinary.Values and convert to bool in the OnRate event.

Any suggestions are appreciated,
Thank you,
Ronnie
Ronnie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
1 answer
97 views
Hi,
    I am working on Scheduler/Resource Availability having problem with groupby property of Scheduler it's not working.
The use case is that there are two different appointments scheduled on a same room.As a result, I want to show two appointments under same room, but the room shoud appear only once.
But in my case it's not happening it's showing two rooms with same name with same appointment.Please check attached file.



Thanks,


Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
1 answer
207 views
Hi,

I want to know if FileExplorer works with Active Directory users, it means my asp.net users impersonate with AD user, Can he/she edit/upload/delete files/folders based on permissions in AD?

Regards
Mazdak
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Jan 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?