Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
109 views
HelloTelerik Team,

I am using 2009.1.527.20 Telerik version of AJAX controls. I have used a RadWindow which on moving displays a white screen. However i was able to resolve the issue by implementing the resolution mentioned in one of the posts http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/splitter/white-screen-when-moving-radwindow.aspx. After providing the resolution, i could see that in IE 7, the movement of RadWindow with mouse is not as smooth as in Firefox , also we can see flickering in the background sometimes when we move quickly, which is not present in Firefox. Please advice.

This is the code i have used to display the RadWindow.

   var oWnd = radopen("ClientUpload.aspx" , null);
   oWnd.setSize(500,350);
   oWnd.set_modal(true);         
   oWnd.set_behaviors(Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Move +
   Telerik.Web.UI.WindowBehaviors.Close  );

I have implemented OnClientDragStart event handler as mentioned in the above posts.

Thanks,
Divya
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
3 answers
568 views
Hi,

I have created a RadWindow in a user buttonClick event:
Protected Sub Button3_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs)
Dim newWindow As Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow = New Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow()
        Dim hyper As String
        hyper = "GeoCode.aspx?field1=" + Street + "&field2=" + City + "&field3=" + Zip
        newWindow.NavigateUrl = hyper
        newWindow.Top = Unit.Pixel(22)
        newWindow.Left = Unit.Pixel(0)
        newWindow.Width = 300
        newWindow.Height = 800
        form1.Controls.Add(newWindow)
        newWindow.VisibleOnPageLoad = True
 
End Sub
the Url is working properly and the page is loading properly, However if i try and use newWindow.Visible = true rather than VisibleOnPageLoad = true the window does not show. my problem resides in the fact that even after I use the close event in the popup windows page the popup is loaded again once the page is loaded because of the VisibleOnPageLoad = true.

I have tried using:
function CloseFunction()
         {
          var oWnd = GetRadWindow();
           oWnd.Close();
           oWnd.VisibleOnPageLoad = false;
           oWnd.BrowserWindow.location.reload(); 
            
         
         
         }
in the other page when closing the window however it does not work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
0 answers
136 views
Hi,

On the system if antivirus is running, most of the time files are not getting uploaded and getting failed.

Please advise the solution.

-Sanjivani
Sanjivani
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
206 views
I'm trying to re-create a live site from a client's mock up and it requires the tabs and the tab text to be vertical but I don't seem to be able to flip the tab strip to do this and I was wondering if I was trying to accomplish something that can't be done.

I've been able to get the tabs to orient vertically but the text still reads horizontally.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
184 views
I my code bellow in the delete button i have OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete?')
and it works great. However if no check boxes are checked and delete button is pressed i want to display different validation message. 

An example on how to check if any check boxes are checked from client side would be great.

<telerik:RadGrid GridLines="None" ID="grdInventory" AllowMultiRowSelection="True"
Style="border: 1" runat="server" AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="10"
Width="95%" Height="220px" AllowAutomaticDeletes="True" EnableLinqExpressions="false"
OnNeedDataSource="grdInventory_NeedDataSource" OnItemCommand="grdInventory_ItemCommand">
<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" Width="100%" CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" DataKeyNames="Id">
    <CommandItemTemplate>
        <div style="padding: 5px 5px;">
            <asp:LinkButton ID="btnAdd" runat="server" OnClick="btnAdd_Click">Add</asp:LinkButton>
             
            <asp:LinkButton ID="btnDelete" runat="server"          
                OnClientClick="return confirm('Are you sure you want to delete?');" OnClick="btnDelete_Click">
                    Delete</asp:LinkButton>
        </div>
    </CommandItemTemplate>
    <Columns>
        <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="SelectColumn">
            <HeaderStyle Width="30px" />
        </telerik:GridClientSelectColumn>  
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="SizeName" DataType="System.String" HeaderText="Size"
            UniqueName="SizeName">
            <HeaderStyle Width="100px" />
            <ItemStyle Wrap="False" />
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataFormatString="{0:d}" DataField="Date" DataType="System.DateTime"
            HeaderText="Reserved Date" SortExpression="Date" UniqueName="Date">
            <HeaderStyle Width="100px" />
            <ItemStyle Wrap="False" />
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Available" DataType="System.String" HeaderText="Available"
            UniqueName="Available">
            <HeaderStyle Width="100px" />
            <ItemStyle Wrap="False" />
        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        <telerik:GridButtonColumn CommandName="Delete" ButtonType="ImageButton"
            ConfirmText="Are you sure you want to delete?"
            UniqueName="DeleteColumn" ImageUrl="../../Images/MediaTree/DeleteIcon.png">
            <HeaderStyle Width="30px" />
        </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
    </Columns>
</MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
102 views
I'd like to color each tab in a tab strip differently, how might I do this?

For example, a red tab, a blue tab, a green tab...etc.  The tab and the page from the multipage would be the same color.

I have been using the Office2007 theme, one problem I have with this theme and what I want to do is that all the tabs are transparent except the selected one.  Only the selected one has a lighter blue outline.  In Visual Studio, all the tab outlines are shown.  Ideally, I'm fine with Office2007 look but I need to be able to color each of the tabs differently.

Michael Grant
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
102 views
Hi all,

Are there any ways to make the footer disappeared when user does filtering?
And when it is not in Filter mode, the footer will appear again

Thanks.

Andy.
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
261 views
I was trying to write some code to resize the textbox for a item in a radgrid that is using a datasource, using the ItemDataBound event.  But when I click the button to edit the row the e.Item is never of type GridEditFormItem.  It's always a GridDataItem even when e.ItemIsInEditMode is true.
Protected Sub myRadGrid_ItemDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemEventArgs) Handles myRadGrid.ItemDataBound
    If ((TypeOf (e.Item) Is GridEditFormItem) And (e.Item.IsInEditMode)) Then
 
        '*** this will never be reached.
 
    End If
 
End Sub

As I mentioned, this event is properly fired when I begin to edit the row, and e.item.IsInEditMode is true for some of the items that are databound, but e.Item is always a GridDataItem.

Am I doing something wrong?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
1 answer
95 views
Hi,

How can I load  user controls inside a Rad Window. Are there any samples.

Thank You.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
8 answers
175 views

Hi all,
I'm doing grid that some row are able to edit but some are disable.
  I added GridEditCommandColumn to the grid and check at RadGrid1_PreRender event to hide Edit command at some rows as below...

Private Sub RadGrid1_PreRender(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.PreRender
For rowindex = RadGrid1.Items.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1
            Dim row As GridDataItem = RadGrid1.Items(rowindex)
            If row.Cells(9).Text = "T" Then
                'Hides the Edit command for the row with Category = T
                row.Cells(6).Controls(0).Visible = False
            End If
        Next
  End Sub
This work fine.

Now I wanna add the feature RowDoubleClick to Edit data as below...

<ClientSettings>
    <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="RowDblClick" />
</ClientSettings>
 
<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
            <script type="text/javascript">
                function RowDblClick(sender, eventArgs) {
                    sender.get_masterTableView().editItem(eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());
                }
            </script>
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>


But now every row can edit data. I want to disable RowDoubleClick at some rows those I made Edit Command to invisible.
Please advise how can I do this?

Thanks
Naunton
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jan 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?