Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
89 views

Dear telerik team,
 
I would like to ask you for a way in order to accomplish a change of the RadChart skin immediately when the skin of the master page have changed. (Naturally, in case that a RadChart skin collection does contain the same skin type as selected website skin).

Here is my current scenario for better clarify:
1. I have a master page which contains RadFormDecorator. (Note, that 'DecoratedControls' attribute is set to "all").
2. My master page contains also a RadSkinManager. (Its 'ShowChooser' attribute is set to "true").
3. Website built on the master page contains RadChart contained in update panel.
- So, the problem resides in a fact, that the change of website skin does not affect the RadChart skin, whenever is changed. I tried to utilize the SkinChanged event upon RadSkinManager instance, but the RadChart skin was changed not synchronously with website skin, but after next website skin change (so I have a delay for next website skin change which causes the mentioned skin divergence).

Can you help me, please? Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Miro

Miroslav
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
1 answer
143 views
All,

    I am currently evaluating these controls for my employer.  We were interested in the Google-Like filtering of the web grid as found in this example:  http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandcombo/defaultcs.aspx?product=grid

    I am currently loading my web grid via PageMethods and a client-side databind.  I haven't been able to find any info / demo / articles on Filtering a RadGrid with Google-Like filtering when using this type of set up.  Since the page method is Static, I don't have access to "this" and I can't use the set up in the above example.

    Can anyone point me in the right direction to a resource I can use?  Am I going to be forced to "roll my own" Google-Like filtering when using the Rad Grid with PageMethods and client side data binds?

Thanks,
    -- Joe --
Genti
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
3 answers
91 views
HI,

How should i get the new page size vale using Rad Grid  when i chage the value.

Thanks in Advance.
Hamza
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
1 answer
69 views
Hi, I am using Rad Grid control in my application. I have applied Office2007 skin for telerik controls in web.config.
I have GridButtoncolumn as one of my column whose type is as 'PushButton'. I need to hide this button based on some logic. 
so It may possible that for 10 rows, only few rows needed to show this button and some needed to hide this button.
Everything is working fine.  Problem comes when i see this page in IE 7. For rows which does not have this button it's boarder does not show up. For the rest it is fine. Please look at the attached file.

Does any one has any idea?
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
2 answers
130 views

Description of Application:
Application page has a radlistbox on one pane on page and a radeditor on other pane on same page.  When user clicks on a list box item the radeditor is saved and different content is loaded into radeditor depending on item selected in radlistbox. 

Configuration of Application:
Application has a site.master which resides the radajaxmanager.  The problem occurrs in a conent page

Description of Problem:
Radeditor does not change when set server side as a result of a client side ajax request.

Description of events:
I catch the radlistbox change client side on a selection_changed event and send an ajax message to server (

 

 

radManager.ajaxRequest(PassedArgument) )

 

 along with a unique identifier indicating what the new radlistbox item that was selected.

Ajax message from javascript is caught server side (RadAjax_AjaxRequest) side with no problem.  Editor is tested for "dirtyness", saved if it is dirty.  Then the editor content is set according to the value selected in the radlistbox.  Again no problem, and server side I can see that editor.content has changed in the debugger.  The problem is the editor does not change in the gui.  If I make a responseScripts call to get the value client side (editor.get_html();) it is still set to it's old value.

Code Snippets:
Site.Master

 

 

 

<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server"
  
onajaxrequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest_SiteMaster">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadAjaxManager>

 

Content Page, code behind, page load

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)   {
...
     RadAjaxManager manager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this);
     manager.AjaxRequest +=  new 
         RadAjaxControl.AjaxRequestDelegate(RadAjaxManager_AjaxRequest_Editor);
...
}

Content Page, client side, listbox selection change
function RadListBox_ManualList_OnCleintSelectedIndexChanged(sender, args)
{
    ...
    SendAjaxMessage("RadListBoxSelectionChanged-" + item.get_value());
}

Content Page, server side, catch ajax message
public void RadAjaxManager_AjaxRequest_Editor(object sender, AjaxRequestEventArgs e)
{
    ...
   /* 
    * force rad edior content change for test
    */
    RadEditor1.Content = "hello world";
  
     string MyScript = "test();";
     RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(this).ResponseScripts.Add(MyScript);
        }

Content Page, client side, test()
function test(){
    editor = $find("<%=RadEditor1.ClientID %>");
    var test = editor.get_html();
    //debugger here would show content not changed, also visable in gui
};

Vinoth Arun
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
2 answers
96 views
For the past two builds, I have not been able to get Help working in Visual Studio 2008 (That this fundamental feature doesn't work is a serious pain). Here's what I did after the last release(2011.1.519):

  1. Downloaded the RadControlsForASP.NET.AJAX_2011_1_519_Help2 file.
  2. Extracted the actual contents in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Telerik folder.
  3. Run Reg_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat

If I then run View_RadControlsForASPNET_AJAX.bat, I can view the help and index with no problem. However, when I load up VS 2008 and go to Help, Index, "RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Documentation" collection, I get nothing. (Technically, I get "No index has been defined for the current Help collection".)

1. Why isn't this working?
2. Why isn't the list of installation instructions included with the ZIP file for installing help?
3. If I did not perform the list of steps correctly, what is the list of instructions as it relates to the latest release?
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
2 answers
57 views
Hi there,

I'm calling uxRap.FocusControl(uxTest) to set the focus to the uxTest text box and it is not working in a maximised IE9 browser, i.e. the text i-bar does not appear in the control. If the IE9 browser has a scroll-bar showing (I think) or the window has to scroll to get to the textbox, the text i-bar does appear in the control.

No problems in a maximised Chrome / FireFox browser.

Kind regards,

Mike K.
Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
3 answers
150 views
Hi,

I have a grid to users on muy web applicattion. I want to update all users except admin user.

I want the row which is Admin user, this row can't to be updated.

¿How to ?

Thanks,
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
5 answers
850 views
We have an issue with our security scans that highlight a lot cross-site issues in Telerik. They are using version 2009.1.402.0. I need to find a release with this fixed.

Here is a sample.

============================================================================

2. Cross-site scripting (reflected)

Summary
Severity:   High
Confidence:   Certain
Host:   https://www.xxx.com
Path:   /atlas/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd

Issue detail
The value of the _TSM_HiddenField_ request parameter is copied into a JavaScript string which is encapsulated in single quotation marks. The payload 50c33'%3balert(1)//8f999a4adfd was submitted in the _TSM_HiddenField_ parameter. This input was echoed as 50c33';alert(1)//8f999a4adfd in the application's response.

This proof-of-concept attack demonstrates that it is possible to inject arbitrary JavaScript into the application's response.
Remediation detail
Echoing user-controllable data within a script context is inherently dangerous and can make XSS attacks difficult to prevent. If at all possible, the application should avoid echoing user data within this context.


=========================================================================================

I have searched release notes and I have not been able to find a fix for this issue.

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
1 answer
129 views
Hi,
In the radgrid i have checkbox, radnumerictextbox and raddatepicker controls. I implemented some actions like when i check the checkbox
radnumerictextbox fill's with 100. This action implemented in javascript. my problem is when i moving from one page to another page using
paging all previous actions not available in the radgrid.

Attached is the screenshot of above senario. Please provide me the solution for this issue. it's urgent.

Thanks,
Nagendra.
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 30 Jun 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?