Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
131 views
We have the following code. At first we attempted to use a RadDataPager for the paging but the paging wasnt working. So i added asp buttons to see what is occuring the following error is returned:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.ArgumentException: Value must not be null for Controls and Behaviors.
Parameter name: element

I think the problem is that this RadListView is embedded within another RadListView (and some other server controls) further up the page. How can we get an embedded RadListView like this to page correctly?

Code is below.

Thanks
<asp:Panel ID="pnlMultiImagePreview" runat="server" Visible="false">
                        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="upMultiImagePreview" runat="server">
                            <ContentTemplate>                    
                                <telerik:RadListView ID="rlvMultiImagePreview" runat="server" DataKeyNames="PreviewImage" AllowPaging="true" ItemPlaceholderID="ImagesContainer" PageSize="1" >
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <asp:Panel ID="pnlMultiImagePage" runat="server">
                                            <asp:Image ID="imgMultiThumb" runat="server" ImageUrl='<%#Eval("PreviewImage")%>' CssClass="previewImage" />
                                        </asp:Panel>                    
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                    <LayoutTemplate>
                                   <!-- Set the id of the wrapping container to match the CLIENT ID of the RadListView control to display the ajax loading panel           In case the listview is embedded in another server control, you will need to append the id of that server control -->
                                    <fieldset id="rlvMultiImagePreview">
                                    <legend>Images</legend>
                                    <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ImagesContainer" runat="server" />
  
                                        <div style="padding-left: 20%;">
                                          
                                         <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnFirst" CommandName="Page" CommandArgument="First"
                        Text="First" Enabled="<%#Container.CurrentPageIndex > 0 %>" />
                          
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnPrev" CommandName="Page" CommandArgument="Prev"
                        Text="Prev" Enabled="<%#Container.CurrentPageIndex > 0 %>" />
                          
    <span style="vertical-align: top; position: relative; top: 4px">Page <%#Container.CurrentPageIndex + 1 %> of <%#Container.PageCount%> </span>
  
      
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnNext" CommandName="Page" CommandArgument="Next"
                        Text="Next" Enabled="<%#Container.CurrentPageIndex + 1 < Container.PageCount %>" />
                    <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnLast" CommandName="Page" CommandArgument="Last"
                        Text="Last" Enabled="<%#Container.CurrentPageIndex + 1 < Container.PageCount %>" />
  
                                      
                                            <br />
                                        </div>
                                        <div id="itemPlaceHolder" runat="server">
                                        </div>
                                         </fieldset>
                                    </LayoutTemplate>
                                </telerik:RadListView>
                            </ContentTemplate>
                        </asp:UpdatePanel>                        
                    </asp:Panel>

 

Genti
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
8 answers
272 views
I have a combo box when the pull down is active for the selection, there is a flashing 'I' curson in the input field which implies that you can type in there - which you cant. I have set the Selectable value to false which is meant to stop people being able to select the content of the combo box (the 'I' tool is used to do that), but it remains selectable.

I have tried modifying the CSS to hide the cursor but that ofly affects the  mouse over.
We are using Q42009.

Any ideas.
Doug
Cezar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
4 answers
176 views
Hi,

I am dynamically creating raddocks server-side.  Everything works perfectly in debugging mode, but as soon as i deploy to a remote server then the raddocks command buttons (close and expandcollapse) disappear.  I am using IE8 to test the remote webpage.
However, if I use Chrome to test the remote page it all works as expected.

I am using XHTML 1.0 doctype and 2010 Q1 SP1

What do i need to take a look at to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Garth
Danya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
101 views
Hello,

I have an ASP.NET solution that instantiates a silverlight control, I feed data into this control through WCF.

When ever I add the following* lines into the web.config my silverlight control stops working (doesn't display the data).
I've tried debugging with fiddler and get the following error** when calling WCF.

Error**

Fiddler has detected a protocol violation in session #13.

Content-Length mismatch: Response Header indicated 2,182 bytes, but server sent 527 bytes.


If I remove the below entries from the web.config then the error goes away.

Web.Config*

<

 

 

httpModules>

 

<

 

 

add name="RadUploadModule" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadHttpModule" />

 

<

 

 

add name="RadCompression" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadCompression" /></httpModules>

 

</

 

 

system.web>


Any thoughts? Suggestions?
Thanks

 

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
127 views
I am wondering how I detect that my grid has changed size, horizontally.

I have a grid that is defined as 100% of the width of its containing element.

Which is a RadDock.

I would like to react to size changes, so I can alter the contents of the CommandItem
to fit.

TIA
Sebastian
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
3 answers
140 views
I have read several posts on related problems, but I could not find a solution to this particular problem.
RadEditor sets the background for the control properly based on the RadSkin=Black setting in web.config.

However, when I click my Submit button to save the contents of the area and a separate TextBox, the background color in the RadEditor changes to white momentarily and then returns to the body color from the page.  I want to prevent the white flashing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
682 views
This seems like it should be a straight forward thing to do, but it's eluding me, and I've searched for an answer. Hopefully I'm overlooking something simple.

I'm binding my RadGrid to an entity data source. I'm using GridTemplateColumn columns for many of the columns, as I combine several of the data fields into one column. How do I access the RadGrid datasource's field values (in the code-behind)? This is in non-edit, regular view of the grid.

For example, I'd like to do something like this:
protected void ContactsGrid_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if ((!e.Item.IsInEditMode) && (e.Item is GridDataItem))
    {
        GridDataItem dataItem = (GridDataItem)e.Item;
 
        // Assuming my entity data source has a field named "dataFieldName", would be nice to access:
        string dataFieldValue = (string)dataItem("dataFieldName").Value;
        // Would then find the GridTemplateColumn in order to fill in the ItemTemplate, 
        // which already know how to do...
    }
}


Thanks,
Steve
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
89 views
Hi,

I am using rad editor to edit some text. I have a edit button to edit text on radeditor
On the edit button click I am setting some property of radeditor.

 

 

<telerik:RadEditor ID="radEditor" runat="server" Enabled="false" Skin="Office2007" TextMode="MultiLine" Width="625px"></telerik:RadEditor>

 



radEditor.Enabled = 

true;
radEditor.Width = 625; 

radEditor.ToolsFile = 

"RadEditorBasicToolSet.xml";

After I click on edit button, I have to click twice on text in the radeditor to edit. I don't want to click twice to edit the text. How can I fix that double click issue.

Thanks

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
1 answer
84 views
I am using a RadListView per the sample at http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/listview-datapager-for-paging.html
The Datapager is in the layout template. I want to access the PageSize of the Radpager in the code behind but I can not find it to set. Since it is in the Layout template it is not visible in the VS dropdown. I tried to simply place a value in the PageSize using <% =value%> and I get an error saying that the string value cannot be translated to Int32. I verified that the value is in fact a number. I tried to do a RadListView1.LayoutTemplate.FindControl but this not supported. Please help, my client really wants to be able to set this page size dynamically and I can find no way to get to this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Terry
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
5 answers
237 views
I like to use a validation summary alert with the RadInputManager. Can anyone provide me with an example?

Kind regards,
Dick van Straaten
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?