Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
928 views

<this is fixed. See my 2nd post>

I am having my first go at doing a grid with the Web User Control used for editing each row.

I got the grid basically working to the point where if I click Edit on any row, that grid opens and shows the edit form. Then if I click Cancel the edit form disappears.

This part was working fine however each time I clicked Edit or Cancel the grid would  visibly blank for a second as it was reloaded.  The solution of course is it put it in an UpdatePanel. It is there my problem started.

Here is my grid with the UpdatePanel around it.

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
           <ContentTemplate>
           <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgContacts" runat="server" GridLines="None" AllowPaging="True" CssClass="RadGrid"
               AllowSorting="False" AutoGenerateColumns="False" ShowStatusBar="true" OnPreRender="rgContacts_PreRender"
               OnNeedDataSource="rgContacts_NeedDataSource" OnUpdateCommand="rgContacts_UpdateCommand"
               OnInsertCommand="rgContacts_InsertCommand" OnDeleteCommand="rgContacts_DeleteCommand">
               <MasterTableView Width="100%" CommandItemDisplay="Top" DataKeyNames="con_Contact_ID">
                   <Columns>
                       <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn" />
                       
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Firstname" HeaderText="First Name" DataField="con_Firstname" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Surname" HeaderText="Surname" DataField="con_Surname" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Position" HeaderText="Position" DataField="con_Position" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Email" HeaderText="Email" DataField="con_Email" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Phone" HeaderText="Landline" DataField="con_Phone" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Mobile" HeaderText="Mobile" DataField="con_Mobile" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Fax" HeaderText="Fax" DataField="con_Fax" />
                       <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="con_Is_Primary" HeaderText="Is Primary Contact" DataField="con_Is_Primary" />
                       <telerik:GridButtonColumn UniqueName="DeleteColumn" Text="Delete" CommandName="Delete" />
                   </Columns>
                   <EditFormSettings UserControlName="Controls/ContactDetails.ascx" EditFormType="WebUserControl">
                       <EditColumn UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1">
                       </EditColumn>
                   </EditFormSettings>
               </MasterTableView>
               <ClientSettings>
                   <ClientEvents OnRowDblClick="RowDblClick" />
               </ClientSettings>
           </telerik:RadGrid>
          </ContentTemplate>
       </asp:UpdatePanel>

Pretty basic stuff.

However, if I now click the Edit link on any row the grid acts just as it did before (where it blank for a split second as it refreshes), except that now I have some strange text above and below it.

It looks like the attached image

I'm not sure if this is a RadGrid problem or a problem with my UpdatePanel (or ajax toolkit dll).. None the less, anyone have a clue what it going on here?










Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
3 answers
78 views
Hello Every One .

I want one radpane and one radsplitter ,
My scenario is i click one button  open one panel like collapse ,
That is bind some record .

Thanks,
Mohamed.
mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
1 answer
90 views
Hi guys,
I have a application form where I have to add two dropdown boxes(from and to).When user click on from box, he/she choose a value.Value should look like this:
08:00am
08:01am
08:02am..
11:59am..
12:00pm
12:01pm
And box 'to' should looks exactly like 'from' box'
If user choose for example 08:00am to 12:00pm I should grab this value and pass it to store procedure.
How can I do that?

Thanks so much for your support. 
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
3 answers
180 views
I have a Splitter in my Page with a grid inside the Right Pane. When my grid loads and the number of columns are more than can fit inside the pane, i get a horizontal scrollbar, and it looks good. However when I start to page through the grid, the horizontal scrollbar disappears when the next page in the grid is loaded, cutting off the report. The horizontal scrollbar again appears though when I mouseover near the paging area of the grid or I click anywhere inside the grid. The scrollbar then remains . This seems to happen only on IE. In Firefox, the horizontal scrollbar never disappears. I do have the grid in the ajax setting. I am not sure what causes the scrollbar to disappear.
My page is inside a MasterPage
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
1 answer
126 views
Hi,

I am using hierarchy grid to display data and also added Add new record option to insert an new row. I have set the Editmode-"In Place". After entering an new record and when i clicked the Update button. it is redirecting to server side InserCommand and i have return logic to insert this new record to database. But in the UI screen it still remains in the Edit mode, it is not coming into normal mode after execution.

Please find the below code.
 <telerik:RadGrid ID="radGridEngMemberAccess" runat="server" ShowStatusBar="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false" GridLines="None"  AllowMultiRowEdit="false"  >
               <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="JobID" AllowMultiColumnSorting="True"  Width="100%" CommandItemDisplay="None" AllowAutomaticDeletes="false" Name="CloseOutDetails"  >
               <CommandItemSettings ShowRefreshButton="false" />
                <DetailTables>
                    <telerik:GridTableView  Width="100%" runat="server" CommandItemDisplay="Bottom" Name="EngMemberDetails"  DataKeyNames="ID" EditMode="InPlace" >
                        <PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
                        <CommandItemSettings AddNewRecordText="Add new user"   />
                        <Columns>
                         <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn ButtonType="ImageButton" UniqueName="EditCommandColumn1" >
                         <HeaderStyle Width="30px" />
                                       <ItemStyle CssClass="MyImageButton" />
                         </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>
                            <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="Name" HeaderText="User Name" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                                DataField="Name" UniqueName="colName">
                            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                              <telerik:GridDropDownColumn SortExpression="Role" HeaderText="Role" DataSourceID="XmlDataSource1"  HeaderButtonType="TextButton" ListTextField="Name" ListValueField="ID" DataField="Role" UniqueName="colRole" />
                             <telerik:GridCheckBoxColumn DataField="IsActive" HeaderText="IsActive" UniqueName="colIsActive"  HeaderStyle-Width="10%" />
                             <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="ID" HeaderText="ID" HeaderButtonType="TextButton" DataField="ID" UniqueName="ID" ReadOnly="true" Visible="false"/>
                             <telerik:GridButtonColumn ConfirmText="Do you wand to delete the user?" ButtonType="ImageButton"
                                CommandName="Delete" Text="Delete" UniqueName="DeleteColumn2">
                                <HeaderStyle Width="20px" />
                                <ItemStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="MyImageButton" />
                            </telerik:GridButtonColumn>
                        </Columns>
                        <SortExpressions>
                            <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Name"></telerik:GridSortExpression>
                        </SortExpressions>
                    </telerik:GridTableView>
                </DetailTables>
                <Columns >
                     <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CloseOutName" HeaderText="CloseOut Name" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                        DataField="CloseOutName" >
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="CloseOutType" HeaderText="CloseOut Type" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                        DataField="CloseOutType" ReadOnly="true">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn SortExpression="JobID" HeaderText="JobID" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                        DataField="JobID" UniqueName="JobID" ReadOnly="true">
                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    <telerik:GridDateTimeColumn SortExpression="PeriodEndDate" HeaderText="PeriodEndDate" HeaderButtonType="TextButton"
                        DataField="PeriodEndDate" UniqueName="PeriodEndDate" DataFormatString="{0: MM/dd/yyyy}" ReadOnly="true">
                    </telerik:GridDateTimeColumn>
                  </Columns>
                  <HeaderStyle  BorderColor="Blue"  BackColor="Red"/>
                                 </MasterTableView>
        </telerik:RadGrid>
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
2 answers
104 views

Hello,

I have a problem.
The radmenu is displayed above the radexplorer of the radeditor control (Please view the attached image).
Here is my radmenu code:

<telerik:RadMenu ID="HeaderRadMenu" Flow="Horizontal" Skin="Outlook" style="z-index:0;" Width="100%" runat="server" >
</telerik:RadMenu>
 
 
if (!IsPostBack)
            {
                HeaderRadMenu.LoadContentFile("~/SecureSiteManagenment/Design/xml/HeaderMenu.xml");
            }

Here is my radeditor control:

<telerik:RadEditor runat="server" ID="PContentRadEditor" Skin="Default" Height="500px" Width="100%" Content='<%# DataBinder.Eval( Container, "DataItem.PContent") %>' ToolsFile="~/Common/Controls/RadEditor/xml/CustomFullSetOfToolsForSecureTables.xml"
                                    DialogsCssFile="~/Common/Controls/RadEditor/RTLRadEditorStyle/RadEditor_Dialogs_RTL.css" ContentAreaCssFile="~/Common/Controls/RadEditor/RTLRadEditorStyle/EditorContentArea_RTL.css">
                                <Modules>
                                    <telerik:EditorModule Visible="false" />
                                </Modules>
                                <ImageManager ViewPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" MaxUploadFileSize="10000000" DeletePaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" UploadPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" />
                                <DocumentManager ViewPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" MaxUploadFileSize="100000000"  DeletePaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" UploadPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" />
                                <MediaManager ViewPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" MaxUploadFileSize="100000000" DeletePaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" UploadPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" />
                                <FlashManager ViewPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" MaxUploadFileSize="100000000" DeletePaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" UploadPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" />
                                <TemplateManager ViewPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" MaxUploadFileSize="100000000" DeletePaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" UploadPaths="~/Pages/Design/Contents/PagesContent" />
                            </telerik:RadEditor>


If I set the z-index of the radmenu as "-1" istaed of "0". then the radexplorer hides the radmenu, but then, the user will be unable to display the child items of the radmenu.

Please, I need your help to solve this problem,
It is appreciated to send me the modified code:

Regards,
Bader

Bader
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
2 answers
261 views
hi ,
I need to catch the Ctrl button keydown event ......how to do that.....
Thanks.
ARUNTHOMAS
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
3 answers
141 views
Hello,i using Radwindow in itemCommand Event of RadGrid,i have a code
protected void RadGrid1_ItemCommand(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.GridCommandEventArgs e)
      {
          string id= "";
          try
          {
 
               
                  if (e.CommandName == "xem")
                  {
                      id= e.CommandArgument.ToString();
                    
                          RadWindow w = new RadWindow();
                          w.ID = "window";
                          w.VisibleOnPageLoad = true;
                          w.Skin = "Vista";
                          w.Height = 430;
                          w.Width = 600;
                          w.Title = "Thư Từ Ban Quản Trị Siêu Thị BIG C";
                          w.NavigateUrl = "~/noidung.aspx?id=" + id;                          
                          windowmanager.Windows.Clear();
                          windowmanager.Windows.Add(w);                       
        
              }
           
               
          }
          catch (Exception ex)
          {
              lbloi.Text = ex.Message;
          }
      }
i don't know how to say but when i refesh web page,Radwindow still opened although i do not something else
Please Help Me
Thanks,
Trung Hiếu

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
I'm sure the answer is out there, but my searches have not turned it up. Currently I have a RadGrid with a details table below it. Inside of that details table I have an EditFormsSettings.

<EditFormSettings EditFormType="Template">
    <FormTemplate>
        Select from combobox: <telerik:RadComboBox ID="ComboBox1" runat="server"
                    DataSourceID="edsSource" AutoPostBack="true"  
                           OnSelectedIndexChanged="ComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged"
                    DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="Id" />
         <br />
         Label: <asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" />
    </FormTemplate>
</EditFormSettings>


Currently it loads fine, because I have the event on the main grid ItemDataBound look for a GridEditableItem and updates it appropriately. 

What I want to do is whenever the SelectedIndex Changes on the combo box, I want to update the label inside of that edit template. How can i do this?

Thanks

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
5 answers
269 views
Hello,

We need to simulate node click event on client side. We tried to use client side select() method, but this method does not cause postback, like expand() method for example. 

Is there client side method that equivalent to user click action? Or may be there is a workaround for the problem?

Regards,
Olga
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 07 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?