Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
0 answers
130 views

Hi,

I have one combobox in Grid and i want to show this combobox as Multiple Rows and column and i am using the following css for this combobox

.multipleRowsColumns .rcbItem,
.multipleRowsColumns .rcbHovered
{
    float:left;
    margin:0 1px;
    min-height:13px;
    overflow:hidden;
    padding:2px 19px 2px 6px;
    width:125px;
}

This style sheet is not woking for combobox that is in grid.

Can anyone tell me the css that will apply to the combobox so that i can get the combobox as Multiple row and column in grid ?

Thanks,
--Jai


Jai
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 Jul 2011
2 answers
55 views
I jave edit button on my raddatagrid
   <telerik:GridEditCommandColumn HeaderText="Edit" UniqueName="paramsEditCollumn">
  </telerik:GridEditCommandColumn>

When i trying to do an edit with http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/dataediting/editondblclick/defaultcs.aspx - its not working. Most funny that it is working only if im step-bysteb debugging javascript doubleclick function, or making alert($find("<%= RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ClientID %>").editItem(editedRow));

When im trying to do this with the help of postback:

   function RowDblClick(sender, eventArgs) {
              
               __doPostBack("<%= RadGrid1
.UniqueID %>", "RowDblClicked:" + eventArgs.get_itemIndexHierarchical());
            }

    protected override void RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler source, string eventArgument)
    {
        base.RaisePostBackEvent(source, eventArgument);
        if (source == this.rgParams && eventArgument.IndexOf("RowDblClicked") != -1)
        {
            GridDataItem item = rgParams.Items[int.Parse(eventArgument.Split(':')[1])];
            item.Edit=true;
            rgParams.Rebind();
        }
    }  


Its not working too.

lol

whats wrong with this dg?

Devs give pls answer.
Vasil
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
1 answer
76 views
Hello,

I have a combobox with the following:
    AllowCustomText = False
    Filter = Contains
    IsCaseSensitive = False
    MarkFirstMatch = True
    OpenDropDownOnLoad = True

When I type something into the text area, the list of items shrinks to what matches what I've typed in so far.  I can then select from a smaller list the item I want.  This all works fine.

My problem is that I need to somehow erase what I typed in but not what I selected.  I need to do this so that when I click on the drop-down again, all items are shown and not only the ones that had what I typed in them.

I cannot seem to find cbox.filterExpression or cbox.currentFilterValue to reset to "".

I am using version 2010.3.1317.35.

Any help would be very appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Susan
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
1 answer
150 views
hi i set Client Side event for RadTextBox like following line

 

 

Dim rtb As New RadTextBox

 

rtb.ClientEvents.OnValueChanged =

 

"gettext('" & row("LField").ToString.Trim  & "')"

Problem 1 : The event fires after the above line executes
Problem 2 : I getting the following Javascript Error

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Handler must be a function.

the function in Seperate Javascript file
how to solve this Problem

 

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
1 answer
89 views

good day for u all

i've a radschadular that gets data from oracle DB the schadual is all credits avilable for students each credit has a group type/types under that group type the appointements avilablefor it.

what i need is

when the student checks one group type he can't leave to another credit if it hase more than group type untill checking all.

iwrote oracle procedure as follow to check this in the DB.

X VARCHAR2(20);
  A NUMBER;
  B NUMBER;
    
BEGIN

SELECT COUNT (GROUP_TYPE) INTO A
     FROM OLR.VIEW_COURSE_GROUP_TYPE
    WHERE COURSEID      = OLR.complete_group_type.COURSEID;
    
    
SELECT COUNT(A.GROUP_TYPE_CD) INTO B
     FROM OLR.STUDENT_REG_GROUP A
    WHERE A.STUDENTID     = OLR.complete_group_type.STUDENTID
      AND A.SEMESTERID    = (SELECT SEMESTERID FROM MSA.SEMESTER@MSA WHERE CURRENT_SEM = '1')
      AND A.COURSEID      = OLR.complete_group_type.COURSEID;
      
IF A<>B THEN

SELECT GROUP_TYPE INTO X
     FROM OLR.VIEW_COURSE_GROUP_TYPE
    WHERE COURSEID      = OLR.complete_group_type.COURSEID
    AND GROUP_TYPE NOT IN (SELECT A.GROUP_TYPE_CD
                             FROM OLR.STUDENT_REG_GROUP A
                            WHERE A.STUDENTID     = OLR.complete_group_type.STUDENTID
                              AND A.SEMESTERID    = (SELECT SEMESTERID FROM MSA.SEMESTER@MSA WHERE CURRENT_SEM = '1')
                              AND A.COURSEID      = OLR.complete_group_type.COURSEID);

RETURN ('YOU NOT CHOOSE GROUP TYPE '||X);


END IF;
EXCEPTION WHEN TOO_MANY_ROWS THEN
       RETURN ('PLEASE CHOOSE ALL COURSE GROUP TYPE');
END complete_group_type;

but i could't find the approbriate event to use it n how i used the rad shadular event appointement update

but i don't know how to use the upove function.

Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
4 answers
355 views
Could use a little assistance here...

I have a RadComboBox that when changed to a certain value, does a postback and dynamically creates a RadDatePicker server side inside a Panel control and adds it to a Div on the page. Once that is done, I have an ASP:Button that when clicked, needs to get the SelectedDate value of that RadDatePicker.

I believe from what I've read, the problem is that dynamically created controls aren't available when the ASP:Button does its postback. In the button event, I'm recreating the Panel and RadDatePicker so that I can reference the controls, but once I do that, the SelectedDate value of the RadDatePicker is gone.

Can you possibly show me how this can be done so that I can dynamically create a RadDatePicker and then retrieve it's value during postback when a button is clicked? Please note that if I turn on AutoPostBack=true, I lose the dynamically created RadDatePicker on postback.

Thanks so much!
Genti
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
1 answer
161 views
When the user clicks the edit link on a row in the GRID I want to transfer a value one column and load that value into a different column as the default value.  The user can then edit the default or click the Update link to commit the data.

How thoughts on how to code this in the Edit Command event?

Thanks for your help,
chris
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
3 answers
199 views
Hello ,

We are using Telerik's library for evaluation  purpose in our ASP.net project and all the controls working but RadScheduler behaving some thing differently.

I need one quick solution, I am using custom form but using your own Appointment class and binding appointments with multiple resources.Resource comes from different table.

I am able to bind them correctly but when my code point comes to AppointmentDataBound event I can not getting related resoource in
e.Resources part.

Appointment apt = new Appointment();
apt.Owner = rdScheduler;
apt.ID = 1;
apt.Subject = "MyOwn";
LoadTaskPersons(apt);    -->  loading Resource from this function.


Where I am missing ? please let me know what is the best practise to user multiple resource control with RadGrid.

Thanks in advance.
Tejas
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
3 answers
927 views
Hi,
    When i am binding appointment from database i faceing the following error Value cannot be null. Parameter name: expression. Please Look the my code below
<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="RadScheduler1" Height="585px" SelectedDate="2010-03-04"
FirstDayOfWeek="Saturday" LastDayOfWeek="Thursday" DataKeyField="ActivityId" 
DataSubjectField="Subject" DataDescriptionField="Description" DataStartField="Start"
 ShowFooter="true" ShowHeader="true" DataEndField="End" CustomAttributeNames="Location"
 StartInsertingInAdvancedForm="true" StartEditingInAdvancedForm="true" EnableExactTimeRendering="true"
Skin="Windows7" EnableDescriptionField="true" DataReminderField="Reminder" AppointmentStyleMode="Default"
OnNavigationComplete="RadScheduler1_NavigationComplete" OnAppointmentCreated="RadScheduler1_AppointmentCreated"
OnAppointmentDataBound="RadScheduler1_AppointmentDataBound">
 <AdvancedForm EnableCustomAttributeEditing="true" EnableResourceEditing="true" Modal="true" />
      <TimelineView UserSelectable="false" />
              <Reminders Enabled="true" />
                   <ResourceTypes>
                                        <telerik:ResourceType Name="Category" DataSourceID="odsScheduleCategory" ForeignKeyField="CategoryID"
                                            TextField="ColorCategory" KeyField="CategoryID" />
                                    </ResourceTypes>
                                    <ResourceStyles>
                                        <%--AppointmentStyleMode must be explicitly set to Default (see above) otherwise setting BackColor/BorderColor
                            will switch the appointments to Simple rendering (no rounded corners and gradients)--%>
                                        <%--<telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Category" Text="ColorCategory" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryBlue"
                                            BorderColor="#B0CC9B" />
                                        <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Category" Text="Green Category" ApplyCssClass="rsCategoryGreen" />
                                        <telerik:ResourceStyleMapping Type="Category" Text="ColorCategory" BackColor="#edd5b7"
                                            BorderColor="#cdb597" />--%>
                                    </ResourceStyles>
                                    <AppointmentTemplate>
                                        <div>
                                            <%# Eval("Subject") %>
                                        </div>
                                        <%# Eval("Description") %>
                                        <%#Eval("Location")%>
                                        <%#Eval("Start")%>
                                        <%#Eval("End")%>
                                        <%#Eval("ShowAs")%>
                                    </AppointmentTemplate>
                                    <%--<AdvancedInsertTemplate>
                                        <telerik:RadTextBox ID="txtLocation" runat="server" Label="Location :" Skin="Windows7">
                                        </telerik:RadTextBox>
                                    </AdvancedInsertTemplate>--%>
                                    <TimeSlotContextMenuSettings EnableDefault="true" />
                                    <AppointmentContextMenuSettings EnableDefault="true" />
                                </telerik:RadScheduler>
RadScheduler1.DataSource = dt
           RadScheduler1.DataBind()
Veronica
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
1 answer
84 views
Hi,

I want to extract the values of the columns on InsertCommand and i am not able to fatch then. I am doing as below
protected void RadGrid1_InsertCommand(object source, GridCommandEventArgs e)
        {
                GridDataInsertItem insertItem;
                insertItem = (GridDataInsertItem)RadGrid1.MasterTableView.GetInsertItem();
         }

In above code, always i am getting null insertItem object. Why ? Can anyone tell me how to get the Inserted Values in grid columns on InsertCommand ?

I am using objectDataSource to Bind the grid. not binding on CodeBehind. I have SelectCommand in that objectDataSource.

Thanks,
--Jai

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 12 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?