Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
183 views
Hi,

Given:
- I have an AjaxControlToolKit TabPanel.
- I have a radgrid in a tab with Master Table and Detail Table views. I am using Client hierarchy mode.
- I have having a dropdown in master table ItemTemplate. A selected index changed event is handled in code behind.
- I have a textbox in detailtable ItemTemplate. A javascript function is called on click of the textbox where I send textbox's Client ID. Inside the javascript function, I use document.getElementById() to get the DOM object of textbox.

Problem:
- When grid loads for the first time, everything works fine. I expand child items, click on texboxes and document.getElementById() gets me the textbox object.
- But when I click on dropdown, change the selected item and the grid loads back.
- Now when I open a child item and click on textbox, document.getElementById() throws a null reference error.
- I checked the viewsource, I was able to find the textox with id. But document.getElementById() is not able to locate it.

I believe this has something to do with Ajax and viewstate of DetailTable views but I dont know where the problem. Please help me pinpoint the issue and find a solution.

Regards,
Himalay
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
1 answer
112 views
Hi supporter,

I meet a problem, if i disabled the javascript of the browser, the upload control can't display.
So i want to check if the upload control is created by js?

Thanks.
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
4 answers
204 views
I have radmenu control on my web page.
on chiled menu click i want to know the root menu text name in

RadHistorickMenu_ItemClick() menthod.



can any1 help me on this??


         <telerik:RadMenu ID="RadHistorickMenu" Skin="MenuSkin" runat="server" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" OnClientItemClicking="OnClientItemClicking"
                            EnableRoundedCorners="true" EnableShadows="true" Width="100%" OnItemClick="RadHistorickMenu_ItemClick"> 
                            <Items>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Quarterly" >
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="I S"/>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="O D"  />
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                                <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="Annual" >
                                    <Items>
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="I S"  />
                                        <telerik:RadMenuItem Text="O D"  />
                                    </Items>
                                </telerik:RadMenuItem>
                            </Items>
                        </telerik:RadMenu>


i mean on click of IS or OD, it will give me Quarterly / Annual name.

Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
4 answers
141 views
If I specify that I dont want the title menu, why do you still render out the markup (and I assume then download the RadMenu scripts)?...doesn't that seem a little bloated?
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
3 answers
171 views
i've got a radgrid and a button that both need to have a loading graphic on them. the radgrid is more important than the button, but both is preferred. i do have a master page on my .aspx.

what happens is when i hit the 'submit' button i get a loading graphic on top of the submit button but not on the grid. THEN, once something else is triggered (submit button or radgrid update) there is no loading indicator at all.

please help!

here's the contents of the .aspx page:


<asp:content id="ctRecoverCart" contentplaceholderid="AdminContent" runat="server">
    
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="RadFormDecorator1" runat="server" />
    <telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server" OnAjaxRequest="RadAjaxManager1_AjaxRequest" >
        <AjaxSettings>
            <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="submitbtn" >
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="submitbtn" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>             
              <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadGrid1" >
                <UpdatedControls>
                    <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadGrid1" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" />
                </UpdatedControls>
            </telerik:AjaxSetting>
            
        </AjaxSettings>
    </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" Skin="Transparent" InitialDelayTime="0" EnableSkinTransparency="false" runat="server" />

    <form id="search" >

    <fieldset id="searchcriteria">
    <legend>Enter Search Criteria</legend>
    <label for="CartID">Cart ID</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="CartID" Width="250px"/>
    <span id="spanSMIT"><telerik:RadButton runat="server" ID="submitbtn" Width="100px"
            UseSubmitBehavior="true" Text="Apply" AutoPostBack="true" 
            onclick="Submit_Clicked" />
            <telerik:RadButton ID="resetbtn" runat="server" OnClientClicked="clearForm" Width="100px"
            Text="Reset" AutoPostBack="false" UseSubmitBehavior="false"  /></span>
    <hr />
    <span id="spanAD"><label for="sAddr1">Shipping Address1</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sAddr1"/>
    <label for="sAddr2">Shipping Address2</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sAddr2"/></span>
    <span id="spanSZ"><label for="sCity">Shipping City</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sCity"/>
    <label for="sState">Shipping State</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sState"/>
    <label for="sZip">Shipping Zip</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sZip"/></span>
    <span id="spanPE"><label for="sPhone">Shipping Phone</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sPhone"/>
    <label for="sEmail">Shipping Email</label><telerik:RadTextBox runat="server" id="sEmail"/>
    </span>
    
    </fieldset>

    </form>


    <telerik:RadGrid Visible="false" ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" Width="100%"
        AllowPaging="True" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="50" CellSpacing="0" 
        OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" GridLines="None" AllowCustomPaging="true"
        AllowFilteringByColumn="false" ShowStatusBar="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false"
        AllowAutomaticUpdates="true" >
    
        <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" />

         <ClientSettings>
            <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" EnableVirtualScrollPaging="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"
                SaveScrollPosition="True"></Scrolling>
        </ClientSettings>


        <MasterTableView>


        <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to PDF"></CommandItemSettings>
        <RowIndicatorColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter RowIndicator column">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </RowIndicatorColumn>
        <ExpandCollapseColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter ExpandColumn column">
            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
        </ExpandCollapseColumn>


        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CartID" HeaderText="Cart ID" UniqueName="CartID"><ItemStyle Width="150px"></ItemStyle></telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="CartName" HeaderText="Cart Name" UniqueName="CartName" AllowFiltering="false" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sAddr1" HeaderText="Shipping Address 1" UniqueName="sAddr1" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sAddr2" HeaderText="Shipping Address 2" UniqueName="sAddr2" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sCity" HeaderText="Shipping City" UniqueName="sCity" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sState" HeaderText="Shipping State" UniqueName="sState" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sZip" HeaderText="Shipping Zip" UniqueName="sZip" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sPhone" HeaderText="Shipping Phone" UniqueName="sPhone" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="sEmail" HeaderText="Shipping Email" UniqueName="sEmail" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="PONumber" HeaderText="PO Number" UniqueName="PONumber" AllowFiltering="false" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="DateDeleted" HeaderText="Date Deleted" UniqueName="DateDeleted" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="QtyCO" HeaderText="Qty Current Order" UniqueName="QtyCO" AllowFiltering="false" />
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="QtyBO" HeaderText="Qty Back Order" UniqueName="QtyBO" AllowFiltering="false"  />
            <telerik:GridCalculatedColumn HeaderText="Total Qty" UniqueName="TotalQty" DataType="System.Double"
                        DataFields="QtyCO, QtyBO" Expression="{0}+{1}" FooterText="Total : "
                        Aggregate="Sum" AllowFiltering="false" />
        </Columns>


        </MasterTableView>


        <FilterMenu EnableImageSprites="False"></FilterMenu>


        <HeaderContextMenu CssClass="GridContextMenu GridContextMenu_Default"></HeaderContextMenu>
    
    </telerik:RadGrid>

</asp:content>
Eric
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
0 answers
66 views
Based on this example:
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-api-for-controlling-net2.html

What would the asp.net code look like for the <EditItemTemplate> tag.

Im trying to add a few custom items on the click event, but the combo box is not being populated.



Luke
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Jul 2011
3 answers
230 views
I need to validate radNumericTextbox, which in Currency type in my application.
I need to validate it for max length 15, with 12 digit + . + 2 decimals.

I don't want to display $ inside the textbox, i want that outside of the textbox.

Please, suggest me the solution ASAP
Divya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
1 answer
97 views
I understand why it's empty, and we retrieve our original row using lookup of the ID which we can store in the Value prop..
..I just cannot undertand why this is even a property of the Node at all.. Surely if it is only ever available in one event, it should be an argument to the event handler, NOT a property of the Node?
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
1 answer
104 views
This is my first time trying out a radrating control.
I add it to my form and set the itemcount to 5 as so:
 <telerik:RadRating ID="RadRating1" runat="server" ItemCount="5"></telerik:RadRating>

No matter what I seem to try, I only ever see one star. What am I missing here?
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
1 answer
106 views
This is a very general question so i'm sure it could be answered, but i do tend to get myself confused when using the radajaxmanager. 

Basically, my question is,  If i have a radcombobox for example, which say performs some functions on some other controls on the page. 

Can I : Wrap everything in a RadAjaxPanel then simply state that the RadAjaxPanel updates itself and is also the Ajax Control. 

Or is the RadAjaxPanel ONLY for ajaxifying standard .NET controls, and i have to reference each telerik control in the RadAjaxManager.

I guess an example would help

<telerik:RadComboBox ID=combo1... >
<telerik:RadComboBox ID=combo2 .. >
<asp:label id=label1 ...> 

Say these 2 update each other / the label. Would i therefore need to add both combo1 & 2 into my radajaxmanager or could i wrap the entire lot in a radajaxpanel e.g. the top 2, or the bottom 1
  <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="combo1">
<UpdatedControls>
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="combo2" />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
  
  <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="combo2">
<UpdatedControls>
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="combo1" />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>
  
  
  <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="RadAjaxPanel1">
<UpdatedControls>
  <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="RadAjaxPanel1" />
</UpdatedControls>
</telerik:AjaxSetting>


Alan T
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?