Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
159 views
We installed the RadEditor lite on WSS 3.0 following the instructions on this site. No problems occurred. I see the two features on a site and activating the features goes OK too. Unfortunately when I'm using editing a page in a wiki site I do'nt get the RadEditor but only the standard editor. No error messages what so ever but no RadEditor either. Any suggestions on how to find out what is happening?

We are using Windows Server 2003 standard edition SP 1
Stanimir
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
119 views

 

 

The findControl method is not able to find controls when called inside of the event handler for the OnGridCreated event as follows. This will cause an error because findControl() returns null. Shouldn't the controls be loaded at this point? Note that I am able to find controls in the row selected/deselected event handlers.

 

function gridCreated(sender, args)
{
    for (var i = 0; i <= sender.get_selectedItems().length - 1; i++)
    {
        sender.get_selectedItems()[i].findControl("rntbMinDistance").enable();
    }
}

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
6 answers
220 views
Hi

I need your help in this. I want to draw a pie chart with solid coloros. But i am getting gradient. My code is this.

 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        ChartSeries chartSeries = new ChartSeries();
        chartSeries.Name = "Fleat Composit";
        chartSeries.Type = ChartSeriesType.Pie;
        chartSeries.AddItem(60, "B", System.Drawing.Color.White);
        chartSeries.AddItem(300, "A", System.Drawing.Color.Red);
        RadChart1.Appearance.FillStyle.FillType = FillType.Solid;
        RadChart1.Series.Add(chartSeries);
}

Regards
Atul Srivastav
Saravanan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
149 views
Hi,

I have a grid which contains people records. If the user expands one person then another nested grid is displayed which has several rows and for each row about 40 columns. Each column has a combo box. When a combo box is opened it displays a third grid. This 3rd grid is bound on the prerender method of the combo in which it resides.

The problem is that once I expand a few people several things happen, all of them bad:
1. The page size grows to over 20MB because the combos bind their grids and each grid is quite big.
2. The IIS process grows to over 1GB of RAM used and stays there even if I close the browser.
3. IExplore grows to about 600MB used. 

My biggest problem now is the size of the page, because evidently everything is moving very slow and eventually crashes. What can I do so that each grid is displayed only when the combobox opens?

I tried:
  • load on demand and it just doesn't get to ItemsRequested. 
  • I also tried to share a combo between all cells in the second grid, but it's too problematic because you never know where to open the popup. And if you manage to calculate based on offsets it just opens in the wrong direction. 
  • I also tried having the third grid load separately once and once each radcombobox opens I copy the innerhtml of the element in the dropdown. That worked, but I have no way of accessing the controls in the third grid because the dom doesn't get updated when I copy the innerhtml. 
  • Also tried binding the third grid via ajax request, but how would I know which radcombobox sent the request since I only have a string parameter to differenciate between them?

I appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks!
Johny
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
66 views
I would like for my grid to use "User Control Edit Form" for editing an item, but use "PopUp Edit Form" for adding an item.
Is this possible?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
115 views
Good day

In the process of reviewing the ajax controls.

I have not had an extensive review of the Calendar control just yet but by looking at the examples this does not seem possible and I would most likely go down the custom control route?

My requirement is to display first letter of a month over three years horizontally. Highlighting the month in the year if data is present for that month. See attached sample of requirement.

Am I right to think this is not possible with the Calendar control?

Thanks

Pavel
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
197 views
I have a client that would like to insert new rows between existing rows in a datagrid. Example: 5 rows in a grid, the user selects row 3 and wants to insert a row between row 2 and the selected row 3. is this possible with the Telerik grid?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
5 answers
82 views
Hi All,
I am using Q2 raduploadhandler and version is 2010.2.714.35. I have some issue when I upload files. It is saving the files in the folder where radhandler is present(12 hive) and we have to give "write" permission for the folder to all site users which leads to security issue. Please give me an alternate solution. Thanks a lot inadvance.
vijaya
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
1 answer
101 views
I have the following simple javascript function that fires when the user clicks OK in a RadConfirm window.  The function should return the DataKeyValue for the selected row.  However it currently returns null and I can figure out why.  Can someone please tell me what my mistake was?

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="RadCodeBlock1" runat="server">
<script type="text/javascript">
    function confirmCallBackFn(arg) {
        if (arg == true) {
        var grid = $find("<%=RadGrid1.ClientID %>");
        var MasterTable = grid.get_masterTableView();
        var selectedRows = MasterTable.get_selectedItems();
        for (var i = 0; i < selectedRows.length; i++) {
            var row = selectedRows[i];
            var PackageID = MasterTable.getCellByColumnUniqueName(row, "PackageID")
            alert(PackageID);
        }
 
        }
        else {
        }
    }
</script>
 
</telerik:RadCodeBlock>


Below is the relevant portion of my RadGrid1 code.  My DataKeyName and Column Unique Name are both "PackageID" as required by the JavaScript function.
<MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="False" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" DataKeyNames="PackageID, Status">
                       <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to PDF" />
                       <RowIndicatorColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter RowIndicator column">
                       </RowIndicatorColumn>
                       <ExpandCollapseColumn FilterControlAltText="Filter ExpandColumn column">
                       </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                       <Columns>
                           <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="PackageID"
                               FilterControlAltText="Filter PackageID column" HeaderText="PackageID"
                               SortExpression="PackageID" UniqueName="PackageID" DataType="System.Int32"
                               ReadOnly="True" Visible="false">
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
2 answers
157 views
Hi,

I'm having issues with my RadButtons within a RadPane. I have three panes, title, content and button pane at the bottom.

The problem is when I resize the browser to a shorter height, the RadButtons overlap the button pane. This happens only in IE 7 and 8. The odd thing is that the scroll bar does appear noticing the overflow however, it doesn't affect the Radbuttons AT ALL. It seems the z-index or something similar that is causing the overlap with a fixed position as soon as the pane overflows.

<head id="Head1" runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <link href="~/Styles/Site.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <telerik:RadStyleSheetManager id="RadStyleSheetManager1" runat="server" />
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadFormDecorator ID="FormDecorator1" runat="server" DecoratedControls="all" EnableRoundedCorners="False" />
        <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" Runat="server" Skin="Black">
        </telerik:RadSkinManager>
        <telerik:RadAjaxManager runat="server" ID="RadAjaxManager1">
        </telerik:RadAjaxManager>
        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" Height="100%"/>
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="MainSplitter" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal">
            <telerik:RadPane ID="TitlePane" runat="server" Height="75" MinHeight="75" MaxHeight="75" Scrolling="none" BackColor="Lime">
            </telerik:RadPane>
            <telerik:RadPane ID="NestedPane" runat="server" Scrolling="none">
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="NestedSplitter" runat="server" Height="100%" Width="100%" Orientation="Horizontal">
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="LeftPane" runat="server" width="50%" BackColor="Blue">
                            <div style="display:block; height:200px;"></div>
                            <div><telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton0" runat="server" Text="RadButton0"></telerik:RadButton></div>
                            <div><telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton1" runat="server" Text="RadButton1" ButtonType="ToggleButton" ToggleType="CheckBox"></telerik:RadButton></div>
                            <div><telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton2" runat="server" Text="RadButton2" ButtonType="ToggleButton" ToggleType="Radio"></telerik:RadButton></div>
                            <div><telerik:RadButton ID="RadButton3" runat="server" Text="RadButton3" ButtonType="LinkButton"></telerik:RadButton></div>
                            <div><asp:Button ID="RadButton4" runat="server" Text="RadButton3" ButtonType="LinkButton"></asp:Button></div>
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="ContentPane" runat="server" Scrolling="none" Width="100%" Height="100%">
                    </telerik:RadPane>
                </telerik:RadSplitter>
            </telerik:RadPane>
        </telerik:RadSplitter>
    </form>
</body>
</html>


Cheers,
Toby
Toby
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Jul 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?