Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
90 views
I have a radgrid with a form template for edits and inserts. In the form template I have a tab control with 3 tabs - 1 of which contains another radgrid. I need to use advanced databinding in the code-behind on the 2nd radgrid but cannot figure out exactly how to wire up the NeedDataSource event.

The 2nd grid is not exposed at design time so I can't put a Handles gdFFP.NeedDataSouce in the code behind.

I also tried to wire the event in the .ascx file using the declarative syntax within the grid definition: OnNeedDataSouce="gdCharges_NeedDataSouce". This compiles but I get an exception at run-time saying the sub does not exist.

Can you point me in the right direction?
Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
3 answers
90 views
I'm trying to add a dynamically created web user control to a dynamically created web Page View.  The problem I'm having is that the webcontrol posts back to show or hide diffrent controls, as well as to dynamicly create them.  When ever it posts back the PageView dosn't store it's viewstate.  Just as a first try I tried to use an update panel in the webcontrol but that didn't work.  I'm not going to put any code because my code works fine it's just that the Page View forgets my web control exists.
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
1 answer
184 views
Hello
I hav a rad scheduler control with Overflowbehaviour = "Scroll"
The scheduler expand beyound the container sizes and its scroll is disapled and headers and footers are not fixed (scrolled)

my container is a div with absolute position with overflow-y is auto and my browser is IE9 with compatiability mode

Image attached to illusterate the problem

Is this an issue with the absolution posisitoned divs?
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
2 answers
84 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik Controls for my Project and it is working fine with Mozilla firefox but it is giving issues with IE 8.
I am even not able to use Telerik Controls on IE8 Browser.
Please help.

Thanks in Advance
Nishant Garg
Andy Green
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
3 answers
209 views
Hello,

I have three problems:.
1) I'm buiding a webpage which functioning as Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Documentation (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction.html ).
In the above page, by clicking each node of the radtreeview, the required page opens and the RadTreeView still in Expand mode (Please view the attached screen-shot RadTreeView1.png).
In my case, by clicking any node the required page opens but the RadTreeview collapse (Please view the attached screen-shots RadTreeView1-RequiredSituation.png and RadTreeView1-NotRequiredSituation.png in order to get a better understanding of the problem).

Here is my code:
<telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" Width="100%" Height="700px">
                       <telerik:RadPane ID="LeftPane" runat="server" Width="250px"  Scrolling="Both">
                           <asp:Panel ID="QAGuidePanel" runat="server" Width="100%" HorizontalAlign="Left">
                                <asp:SqlDataSource ID="QAGuideSqlDataSource" runat="server"
                                    ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GuidesConnectionString %>"
                                    SelectCommand="SELECT [SerID], ('~/QA/Pages/' + [Path] + '.aspx') as FullPath, [ParentID], [Title] FROM [QAGuide]"></asp:SqlDataSource>
                                <telerik:RadTreeView ID="QAGuideRadTreeView" runat="server"
                                    DataSourceID="QAGuideSqlDataSource" DataNavigateUrlField="FullPath" DataFieldParentID="ParentID" DataFieldID="SerID" DataTextField="Title" >
                                    <DataBindings>
                                        <telerik:RadTreeNodeBinding Depth="0" Expanded="true" />
                                    </DataBindings>
                                </telerik:RadTreeView>
                            </asp:Panel>
                        </telerik:RadPane>
                        <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="Radsplitbar1" runat="server"></telerik:RadSplitBar>
                        <telerik:RadPane ID="MiddlePane1" runat="server" Scrolling="None">
                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="Radsplitter2" runat="server" Orientation="Horizontal" VisibleDuringInit="false">
                                <telerik:RadPane ID="Radpane2" runat="server">
                                    <div style="padding: 5px">
                                        <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
         
                                        </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
                                        <asp:Panel ID="ContentPanel" style="margin:10px;" HorizontalAlign="Left" runat="server">
                                            <asp:Label ID="SerIDLabel" Visible="false" runat="server" ></asp:Label>
                                            <asp:SqlDataSource ID="ContentSqlDataSource" runat="server"
                                                ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:GuidesConnectionString %>"
                                                SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [QAGuide] WHERE ([SerID] = @SerID)">
                                                <SelectParameters>
                                                    <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="SerIDLabel" Name="SerID"
                                                        PropertyName="Text" Type="Int64"  />
                                                </SelectParameters>
                                            </asp:SqlDataSource>
                                            <asp:FormView ID="ContentFormView" runat="server" Visible="true" Width="100%" DataKeyNames="SerID"
                                                DataSourceID="ContentSqlDataSource">
                                                <ItemTemplate>
                                                     <asp:Label ID="TitleLabel" SkinID="HeaderText" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Title") %>' />
                                                     <br /><br />
                                                     <asp:Label ID="TextCnsrtLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Cntnt") %>' ></asp:Label>
                                                </ItemTemplate>
                                            </asp:FormView>
                                        </asp:Panel>
                                    </div>
                                </telerik:RadPane>
                            </telerik:RadSplitter>
                        </telerik:RadPane>
                    </telerik:RadSplitter>

2) How can I hide the root node (In this case the QA node)?

3) According to my above code, by clicking each node, the browser will navigate to the required page. But some of the nodes are not intended to view a specific page (Defined as a folder and not as document) exactly as http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction.html . How can I prevent navigation by clicking such node?

Please, I need your help,
It is appreciated to send me the modified code.

Regards,
Bader
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
9 answers
405 views

Radgrid columns preparing dynamically. Group code is:

 

 

 

Protected SubRadGrid1_ColumnCreated(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCreatedEventArgs) Handles RadGrid1.ColumnCreated

 

If e.Column.DataType.Name = "Decimal" Or e.Column.DataType.Name = "Double" Then

        CType(e.Column, Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn).DataFormatString = "{0:N3}"

        CType(e.Column, Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn).Groupable = True

        CType(e.Column, Telerik.Web.UI.GridBoundColumn).Aggregate = Telerik.Web.UI.GridAggregateFunction.Sum
End If

End Sub


Group totals working fine if I use 1 group. When I create second a group 1th level sub total is not correct. For example:

SALARY DIVISION REGION
Region: AAA
Division : XXX
796,50 XXX AAA
796,50 XXX AAA
796,50 XXX AAA
2.389,50
Division : YYY
796,50 YYY AAA
796,5
1.593,00
Region: BBB
Division : LLL
3646,00 LLL BBB
3657,00 LLL BBB
3180,00 LLL BBB
3500,00 LLL BBB
13.983,00
3.500,00

 

Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
12 answers
345 views
HI,

We need multiple file selected & could be processed to upload , on just one browse click.
Is Multi file selection possible for upload using RadAsyncUpload or RadUpload control?

I searched every demo and tutorial to find the answer in no. but I think it should be possible.
Please help.

Thanks.
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
1 answer
144 views
This is probably simple.

I need to print a document when a checkbox is checked. I have all the information out of the grid (file name). I think the problem is that the files are on the server and this code won't work:
Dim Print As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo()
Print.Verb = "print"
Print.WindowStyle = ProcessWindowStyle.Hidden
Print.FileName = fullpath
Print.UseShellExecute = True
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(Print)

Is there a way to print a document that is on the server and print it on the clients machine

I also need to do something similar to this, but I need to start a download for documents that is checkbox.selected = true

Thanks,
Chuck
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
14 answers
245 views
I am running version 2008.2.723.20 and doing some client side coding.

var tree = <%=rtv.ClientID %>;
var node = tree.FindNodeByText("Books");

On the second line of code I am getting the following error:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

It appears that version 2008.2.723.20 does not support this method.

Can anyone confirm? Is the Expand() method also supported?

If FindNodeByText is not supported, is there a way I can loop through each of the child nodes and check the text/value of the particular node?

Thanks
Helen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
1 answer
113 views
I am using a httpmodule to encrypt querystring. If I do querystring encryption RadGrid behaves differently. OnDeleteCommand event of delete button does not get fired.

Please help me to solve this issue.
Veli
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?