Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
16 answers
257 views
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a solution to add a new field to my radfilter, and when this field be selected, I want to exec a especific query in my database.

Ex:

I have a grid (connected to the filter) with 3 fields:

Customer, Company, Salary --> This works perfectly with the filter.

What I want is to add a field called "All" that doesn't appear in grid, but is showed in filter. When the user select this field and apply filtering, I want to exec my custom stored procedure and bind the grid with the data retrieved.

What's the best way?

Thanks in advance.
Iana Tsolova
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
1 answer
159 views
I need  hide some expresion according to DataType.

If field1.DataType = tyeof(string)
hide --> greatherrthan, lessthan...

if field2.datatype = typeof (int)
hide --> expresion.-...

How I can do this programmatically??

Guillaume
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
2 answers
163 views
I've got a RadFilter.
I try to save expressions with SaveSettings(), no problems. I can save the string value in a database column.
I precise I have my own FilterEditorTemplate (which is a RadControl with specific business databinding).

When i try a LoadSettings on this string value, I've got this response :
Reference is not set to an instance of an object with this stacktrace :
à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterDataFieldEditor.CreateEditorFrom(RadFilterDataFieldEditor baseEditor) à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterSingleExpressionItem.SetupFunctionInterface(Control container) à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilterExpressionItem.CreateFunctionalInterface() à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.CreateFilterItems() à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.CreateControlHierarchy() à Telerik.Web.UI.RadFilter.CreateChildControls() à System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()

I precise I am with an objectstateformater for the load and save settings. I tried with binaryformat too and the exception moves into :
serialized data are invalid.

Is it because i've got my own editor ?

Can you help me ?
Guillaume
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
1 answer
197 views

Hi folks,

I may be doing something stupid here, but I've spent the morning grinding my teeth long enough that I've decided to ask someone else to point out my error :)

I have a RadNotification, in a RadAjaxPanel:

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="notificationPanel" runat="server" ViewStateMode="Enabled">
     <telerik:RadNotification ID="RadNotification1" KeepOnMouseOver="true" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="false" ContentScrolling="Auto" 
           Width="400" Height="300" TitleIcon="none" ContentIcon="none" Animation="Fade" EnableRoundedCorners="true" EnableShadow="true" Title="Notification Title" ShowCloseButton="true" Pinned="true" Opacity="80"
           AutoCloseDelay="3000" Position="TopRight" OffsetX="-50" OffsetY="50" VisibleTitlebar="true" style="z-index: 35000;">
           <ContentTemplate>
               <asp:Table ID="shoppingCartTable" runat="server" Width="380" ViewStateMode="Enabled">
                
               </asp:Table>
               <asp:Button ID="checkoutButton" runat="server" Text="Convert" OnClick="btnCheckout_Click" />
           </ContentTemplate>
       </telerik:RadNotification>
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

A method (in another RadAjaxPanel) creates controls inside "shoppingCartTable" in the contenttemplate of the RadNotification.
The method which fills the table is:

private void FillCartTable()
        {
            RadNotification1.Title = "Purchase order cart";
            if (Session["PurchaseOrderCart"] == null)
            {
                Session["PurchaseOrderCart"] = new Dictionary<long, Dictionary<long, PurchaseOrderLine>>();
            }
            Dictionary<long, Dictionary<long, PurchaseOrderLine>> cart = (Dictionary<long, Dictionary<long, PurchaseOrderLine>>)Session["PurchaseOrderCart"];
 
 
            foreach (long tenderID in cart.Keys)
            {
                TableHeaderRow th = new TableHeaderRow();
                TableHeaderCell thc = new TableHeaderCell();
                thc.ColumnSpan = 4;
                thc.Text = Tender.GetTender(tenderID).Supplier.Name;
                th.Cells.Add(thc);
                shoppingCartTable.Rows.Add(th);
 
                foreach (long TenderLineID in cart[tenderID].Keys)
                {
                    PurchaseOrderLine pol = cart[tenderID][TenderLineID];
 
                    TableRow tr = new TableRow();
                    TableCell tc1 = new TableCell();
                    tc1.Text = " ";
                    tr.Cells.Add(tc1);
 
                    TableCell tc2 = new TableCell();
                    tc2.Text = pol.StockOrServiceDescription;
                    tr.Cells.Add(tc2);
 
                    TableCell tc3 = new TableCell();
                    tc3.Text = pol.QuantityOrdered + " " + pol.QuantityBase.Description + " at " + pol.Price.ToString("C", Global.currencyFormat) + " per " + pol.PricingBase.Description;
                    tr.Cells.Add(tc3);
                     
                    TableCell tc4 = new TableCell();
                    Image b = new Image();
                    b.ImageUrl = "~/images/icons/16/delete.png";
                    tc4.Controls.Add(b);
                    CheckBox c = new CheckBox();
                    c.ID = "removeFromCart_" + tenderID.ToString() + ":" + TenderLineID.ToString();
                    c.EnableViewState = true;
                    c.ClientIDMode = System.Web.UI.ClientIDMode.Static;
                    tc4.Controls.Add(c);
                    tr.Cells.Add(tc4);
 
                    shoppingCartTable.Rows.Add(tr);
                    //sb.Append("<tr><td> </td><td>" + pol.Stock.Product.Number + " (" + pol.Stock.SizeDescription + ")" + "</td><td>" + pol.QuantityOrdered + " " + pol.QuantityBase.Description + "</td></tr>");
                }
            }
            //sb.Append("</table>");
            //sb.Append("<asp:Button ID='btnCheckout' runat='server' Text='Convert' OnClick='btnCheckout_Click' />");
            //RadNotification1.Text = sb.ToString();
 
        }


Showing the notification works just fine, and my content is there. That method is called in Page_Init, so each time the controls are created very early in the page lifecycle, long before any ViewState related events, and they're created with the same IDs (and same uniqueIDs) each time the page loads.


When the onclick event fires for the notificationcontrol's button, the checkboxes are all unchecked. They do exist (see the attached image) and the IDs do match the ones in viewstate. However, they're never re-populated from viewstate.... the attached image is a snapshot taken at the end of Page_Init and shows what I'd expect (Checked is false). However, it's still false after all the viewstate events, at the end of Page_Load - despite the Form values collection quite clearly containing that control's state.


I have temporarily worked around it by manually populating them in Page_Init (by traversing the Form values collection, looking for any with an ID containing "removeFromCart" and then manually assigning the checked property). But surely this isn't the right way to be doing it? Why doesn't Viewstate automatically get set on these controls, given that the ID and UniqueID properties are identical before and after a postback?

Cheers!




Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
5 answers
198 views
Hi,

I am new to Telerik Schedular control. I wanted to enable the date picker property where in any of the views (day/week/month/timeline), I am able to select the date.

I see in all the demos that, just next to where "Today" is written, there is a downarrow which when clicked opens the datepicker control.

Somehow I am not able to get that downarrow displayed. Attached are both the screen shots.

Could you please help ?

Thanks,
Bhavik
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
2 answers
153 views
In the web data grid control, there's a standard filter that allows you to do begin with, end with, etc. etc, there's also another filtering capability called "Google Like Search Ahead".  Is there any way to combine these two types of filters into a single table, applying 1 filter type for one 1 column and another filter type to another column?  Like so:

http://api.photoshop.com/v1.0/accounts/26ebb7aa51c44c3db1bf80fa5c347c32/assets/d3396c142f944659890be75cd80652f0/renditions/1024.jpg?md=1313588358000

All the columns use the standard filtering control except for the far right column which uses the Google like search ahead.

Is this possible?

Are there any examples of how to apply different filter types on a per column basis?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
1 answer
162 views
Hi,
 
Am setting rad textbox enabled property to false in aspx code behind page.But still i can enter values in the textbox, why?
Using the Telerik version 2011.1.519.40.
Please help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Roshil
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
3 answers
357 views

Hi,

I want to disable the NextPage/PreviousPage buttons dynamically in Radgrid depends on the records in radgrid.

Please give any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rags
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
1 answer
89 views
Hello,

I have Added Drag and Drop control same as Provided in the below Demo

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/draganddrop/defaultcs.aspx

Everything is fine except one , in this When i drag from Left, and try to Drop on the Right side are, dropping is not happen until the Dotted Line appears  ...

This means that , If i drag from Left and Try to Drop on the Gray area , its not automatically drop after the Last item on the right hand side, it should be...

So please help how can i set such a way that you can drop dragged item any where in the blank ( Gray) area of the Right side, and automatically set after the last Item on the right side...

Regards
samir
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
3 answers
219 views
I have used radeditor in my webpart coding. I have configured dialogue http handler in web.config file. But I am getting "Web.Config registration missing!" when I clicked either "Find" or "Image Manager" option in radeditor. Herewith I have attached the screen shot for your reference.
Environment details
----------------------------------------------
Windows 2003
Sharepoint 2007
IIS 6.0
Telerik 2010.3.1109.20

in Web.Configfile
--------------------------
    <httpHandlers>
          --------------
         <add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" verb="*" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" validate="false" />
  </httpHandlers>
incCoding I have added
----------------------------------
TED_Message.DialogHandlerUrl ="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd";

What I have missed? Anything else to be needed?

Herewith, I have attached screen shot for your reference.

Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?