Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
95 views
Greeting folks,

I'm using the custom advance form approach in my scheduler project,.

I've just been trying to update to a newer telerik DLL verison and this is yet another update that has been plagued with advanced form layout problems.

I simply update the DLL and suddenly the controls that make up the recurrence div section are a layout mess.

Can anyone comment on why this might be happening?

I'm updating from the retro 2009.3.1314.35 to 2011.1.413.

regards,
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
124 views

Hi,

We use the RadScheduler control(using the telerik dll(Version : 2010.1.519.40)) in our project, when we click the  "Week"/"Month" tab in the top right corner, it shows all the days for a  "week"/"Month". When we click a particular day in scheduler, it shows that particular day in "Day" mode in the browser mentioned below.

  • Browser mode : IE7,IE8,IE9  and Document Model (IE9 Standards (default)).  

My issue is when we click a particular day in "Week"/"Month" mode, it does not show that particular day in "Day" mode in the browser version mentioned below.

  • Browser mode : IE7,IE8,IE9 and Document Model (Quirks ,IE7,IE8).

However it is working fine in all document model. When we use the telerik dll(Version : 2011.1.413.40).

Please suggest us to solve this issue for the telerik dll version 2010.1.519.40(that is with out updating to new dll).

Regards,
Bala..

Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
101 views
I'm running into a weird issue with drag and dropping of items in the RadGrid.  It turns out in the RowDrop event, the DestinationTableView property of the event args always seems to be returning the MasterTableView, instead of the DetailTableView of the item that I'm dropping the row onto.

Some info on the grid so I don't have to post a gigantic wall of code:
  • The grid itself is just a two level Master/Detail grid, with the MasterTableView named "PrivilegeCategories" and the only DetailTable named "Privileges". 
  • Each grid only has two columns- a boundfield named "Name" and a templatefield with edit/cancel buttons.
  • The grid is bound in the codebehind using NeedDataSource and DetailTableDataBinding events.
  • The MasterTableView has one DataKey named "PrivilegeCategoryID" while the detail table has two, "PrivilegeID,PrivilegeCategoryID"

The DestDataItem property is still returning the correct item; it's only the DestinationTableView that's incorrect:

Debug.Write(e.DestDataItem.OwnerTableView.Name); // correctly writes "Privileges"
Debug.Write(e.DestinationTableView.Name); // incorrectly writes "PrivilegeCategories"

One thought I had was I could work around this by just using e.DestDataItem.OwnerTableView, but that won't work if the row is dropped onto a CommandRow or other non-data row.

Are there some additional troubleshooting steps I could take to diagnose this further?

Thanks.
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
100 views
Hi,

   I wanted to know how this deletion of temporary files is handled from temporary directory,

just want to confirm that when multiple users are using this multiple upload, files should not get mixed up with the users if the files seem to be same and properly it should be handled..

also while deleting I want to know how the file is getting deleted by itself even if I close the browser, that's really some thing unusual..

want to make sure that files are deleted properly and does not mess up the things..

So will you please let me know how multi file upload and file deletion is actually handled when many users are using this
simultaneously ??..

Awaiting for your reply..

thanks
Pramodh
Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
95 views
I am having a problem validating a combo box using a custom validator but only when AllowCustomText = True.  If I remove the AllowCustomText="True" property it will fire the validation.  Any idea of what's going on here??  I have seen plenty of examples on the site using validation with Allowing custom text.

<telerik:RadComboBox ID="cboFromName" 
runat="server" 
Skin="Vista" 
AllowCustomText="True" 
MarkFirstMatch="True" 
Width="311px">
</telerik:RadComboBox>
<asp:CustomValidator ID="CustomValidator1" 
runat="server" 
ClientValidationFunction="validateFromName"
ControlToValidate="cboFromName" 
CssClass="body" 
ErrorMessage="From Name required"></asp:CustomValidator>
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
77 views
Hello,

I have extended the RadComboBox and I was wondering if I could use this custom version in the standard GridDropDownColumn.  I noticed there is a DropDownControlType property that has two options: RadComboBox and DropDownList.  Is it possible to add my extended version of the RadComboBox to these choices or is there a better way to use my extended version of the RadComboBox in a grid column.  I've tried using the TemplateColumn, but it seems overly complicated when I try to support filtering and sorting.

Al
Tsvetina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
63 views
We have a situation in which a radwindow 2 opens up from within a radwindow 1. Unfortunately, if the size of the radwindow 2 is larger than the radwindow1, the user does not have a way to close the radwindow 2 since he cannot scroll all the way up to get to the "X"

How should this situation be handled?

Thanks
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
6 answers
141 views
Hi everybody!
I have a problem when I try to open radwindow: I can't open radwindow in IE8 because javascript error. But I browser my project in FireFox, it can run. Have you any idea? Thanks you very much!
My code :
function GetRadWindow() {
          
         var oWindow = null;
         if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;
         else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;
         return oWindow;
     }
 
     function Close() {            
         GetRadWindow().close();
     }
 
     function CloseAndRebind(args) {              
         GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.refreshGrid(args);          
         GetRadWindow().close();
     }
      
     function CloseWithArg() {
         var customArg = $get("TextBox1").value;
         GetRadWindow().close(customArg);
     }
      
     function openTramWD()
     {         
         var oWnd = radopen("myRadWindow.aspx","radWindowfrTram");        //Error here!   
     }
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
3 answers
326 views
Hope this is an easy one :)

Created a custom skin (using the default one and making a couple of minor CSS changes) following the directions on http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/radnotification-creating-custom-skin.html.  Everything worked as far as the CSS goes; however the ContentIcon and TitleIcon always appear as broken images when I set EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" no matter what I do.  How can I incorporate the icons (ok, delete, etc.) into my custom skin so that they show up?

I realize that I can use my own icons, but in this case I would like to use the Telerik default, if possible.

Thanks in advance!
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
3 answers
270 views
I upgraded to the latest telerik version 3_1103 and now my tool tips are staying at a static size. In addition the location of the tool tip is moving to the far left of the browser window. I generate the tool tip contents from the code behind and they can very in size. Right now they only stay at the minimum height and width I had set in the html. The tool tips were working perfectly with version 2_929. Please advise.
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?