Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
213 views
I want to try and use a list of objects as my data source where the object contains multiple fields and I am populating the listbox programmatically.  If I set the Datasource of my list box to the object how can I set what fields actually show up in the listbox I tried using templates but I couldn't get that to work.

List<Keyword> resultList = keywordService.FindKeywords();
            canonicalSearchResults.DataSource = resultList;
            canonicalSearchResults.DataBind();

I want the Keyword's name field to appear in the textbox but be able to keep the datasource as a list of keywords so that I can later access them. Right now it calls the tostring method and displays the result but the toString method is different than what I want displayed
ted
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
1.2K+ views

Hello Telerik,
We are encountering an error that is very perplexing.
we found how to correct this,
if you would indicate why this fix works.  This was extremely hard to
find.  Is there a best practice as to how this section should be formatted in web config going forward...to avoid this.

Removing this block bypasses the error below, but it has to do with - Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Web20.Grid.Web20.css:

<

 

 

telerik:RadStyleSheetManager ID="RadStyleSheetManagerPrePaidSettlements" runat="server">

 

 

 

<StyleSheets>

 

 

 

<telerik:StyleSheetReference Name="Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Web20.Grid.Web20.css" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" />

 

 

 

</StyleSheets>

 

 

 

</telerik:RadStyleSheetManager>


in the web config.....to fix
move this entry below after the 2nd verb entry and the error noted will be gone.

 

<

 

 

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

 

 

 



<

 

 

httpHandlers>

 

<

 

 

remove verb="*" path="*.asmx"/>

 

<

 

 

add verb="*" path="*.asmx" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

 

--place here..
<

 

 

add verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" validate="false" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>

 

<

 

 

add verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add path="ChartImage.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.ChartHttpHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add path="Telerik.RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadUploadProgressHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" verb="*" validate="false"/>

 

<

 

 

add verb="*" path="Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd" type="Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler, Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" validate="false"/>

 

</

 

 

httpHandlers>

 




System.IO.FileLoadException: The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
   at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Type.GetType(String typeName)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.Exists(HttpContext context, String path, String applicationPath)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadStyleSheetManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
3 answers
185 views
Similar to how a RadToolTipManager is used to insert a record into a RadGrid, I have a RadListView where the user clicks a button on a record to load a tooltip to see more info about the record, including some function buttons (namely, the "Delete" button).  Because other controls update both the listview and the tooltipmanager via ajax, both controls are included in RadAjaxManagerProxy ajax settings on the page.  When user clicks "Delete" in the tooltip, the record should be removed from the database, tooltip hidden, and parent listview updated.  Everything is working except for updating the listview.

How do you setup ajax settings so a button in the tooltip (loaded dynamically on tooltipmanager's AjaxUpdate event) can ajax update it's parent control?
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
5 answers
122 views
Dear Telerik,

We have a problem with the French spellchecker. When spellchecking words with appostrophes, words with single quotes as appostrophe ( ' ) will be seen as error. There are no problems with real appostrophes ( ’ ). The English dictionary allows both of them while the French one doesn't.

Since a vast majority of our users will use the single quote appostrophe in their texts, having to validate and ignore manually all these false positives a gazillion times over and over makes the spellchecking a real pain in the ***. All they're left with is the impression that the spellchecker is buggy and therefore, they won't trust the result... that is, if they got the patience to go through all the spellchecking operation.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Philippe
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
226 views
Hi,
I use themes for my controls so I set the page theme in one place and all telerik controls get that theme applied. (ie Me.Theme = "Web20")

I now have an issue where for one combo control on the page I want it to use the default skin.  Setting Skin="Default" in the control doesn't override the Theme setting.  How do I override it for one control?

I'm sure I've seen how to do this before but cannot find it now :(

Any pointers?

Regards,

Jon
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
3 answers
273 views
We need the RTF conversion capability for our Telerik products.  However, there is definitely some problems with handilng multiple font styles within the same document.  To reproduce, use the link to your demo, http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/rtfexport/defaultcs.aspx

Highlight the middle paragraph, then change the font to something other than Times New Roman (like MS Sans Serif).  When you select the 'Export RadEditor content to RTF' button, the resulting file still shows Times New Roman for all paragraphs.  Thinking it was not using the data in the control, I even added some custom text.  The new text showed in the output file, but the font still went back to Times New Roman.

Any ideas on this? 
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
6 answers
154 views
In My grid I have a filter that uses a template with a dropdown. Everything works except when the dropdown is selected , the grid is filtered but the filter dropdown item that was selected is not selected anymore, the 1st item in the list is. How can I keep the item selected in the dropdown list?

Thanks

<FilterTemplate>
  <telerik:RadComboBox runat="server" ID="FilterCombo" DataSourceID="StatusList" UniqueName="StatusFilterCombo"
                       DataValueField="StatusID" DataTextField="Status" AutoPostBack="True"
                       OnSelectedIndexChanged="FilterCombo_SelectedIndexChanged">
  </telerik:RadComboBox>
</FilterTemplate>
Najid Hanif
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
4 answers
152 views
Hi all,
How do I open a radWindow from a hyperlink that resides inside a formview. I need to pass some ID to the querystring, this is what my current FormView looks like:

<asp:FormView ID="FormViewLatestBlog" runat="server" Width="100%" OnDataBound="FormViewLatestBlog_DataBound"> 
    <ItemTemplate> 
        <div class="post"> 
            <h1 class="title"> 
                <a href="#"> 
                    <asp:Label ID="LabelTitle" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("BLOG_TITLE") %>'></asp:Label></a></h1> 
            <div class="entry"> 
                <asp:Label ID="LabelContent" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("BLOG_CONTENT") %>'></asp:Label> 
            </div> 
            <p class="meta"> 
                Posted by <a href="#"> 
                    <asp:Label ID="LabelAddedBy" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("BLOG_ADDED_USERNAME") %>'></asp:Label></a> 
                (<asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLinkEditBlog" runat="server" CssClass="comments" NavigateUrl='<%# String.Format("~/Admin/Blogs.aspx?Edit=True&BlogID={0}", Eval("BLOG_ID")) %>' 
                    Visible="false">Edit</asp:HyperLink>) on 
                <asp:Label ID="LabelAddedDate" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("BLOG_ADDED_DATE") %>'></asp:Label>&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp; 
                <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLinkComment" runat="server" CssClass="comments" NavigateUrl='<%# String.Format("/Blog/Comment.aspx?BlogID={0}", Eval("BLOG_ID")) %>'>Leave A Comment</asp:HyperLink> 
                (<asp:Label ID="LabelCommentCount" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("BLOG_COMMENT_COUNT") %>'></asp:Label>)&nbsp;&bull;&nbsp; 
                <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLinkReadFullArticle" runat="server" CssClass="comments" NavigateUrl='<%# String.Format("~/Blog/Default.aspx?BlogID={0}", Eval("BLOG_ID")) %>'>Read full article</asp:HyperLink></p> 
        </div> 
    </ItemTemplate> 
</asp:FormView> 

Now I want to make the "HyperLinkComment" to open a radWindow instead of going to that page, what should I do?
Thank you very much.
Jay
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
70 views
Attached is the chart and I need to apply same style to the chart. Suggest how to achieve this.
Evgenia
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
1 answer
119 views
Hi,
  I have issue relating to hierarchical Rad Grid Horizontal Scrolling in below given code.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="gvFilteredResults1" runat="server" ShowStatusBar="True"
                                                                            AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowSorting="True" AllowPaging="True" OnDetailTableDataBind="gvFilteredResults_DetailTableDataBind"
                                                                            AllowCustomPaging="True" OnPageIndexChanged="gvFilteredResults_OnPageIndexChanged"
                                                                            OnPageSizeChanged="gvFilteredResults_OnPageSizeChanged" OnPreRender="gvFilteredResults_OnPreRender"
                                                                            Skin="Office2007" OnSortCommand="gvFilteredResults1_OnSortCommand" meta:resourcekey="gvFilteredResults1Resource1" 
                                                                            GridLines="None">                                                                            
                                                                            <MasterTableView AllowMultiColumnSorting="True" DataKeyNames="Policy Number" 
                                                                                GridLines="Horizontal">
                                                                                <DetailTables>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridTableView runat="server" AllowCustomPaging="False" AllowPaging="False"
                                                                                        AutoGenerateColumns="True" BorderWidth="1px" GridLines="Both" meta:resourceKey="GridTableViewResource1"
                                                                                        Name="TransactionWise" AllowSorting="False" Width="95%">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridTableView>
                                                                                </DetailTables>
                                                                                <ExpandCollapseColumn Visible="True">
                                                                                </ExpandCollapseColumn>
                                                                                <Columns>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn meta:resourcekey="GridTemplateColumnResource1" UniqueName="TemplateColumn">
                                                                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                                                                            <asp:CheckBox ID="chkPolicyNumber" runat="server" meta:resourceKey="chkPolicyNumberResource1" />
                                                                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                                                                        <HeaderStyle Width="3%" />
                                                                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                                                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Policy Number" HeaderText="Policy Number" meta:resourcekey="GridBoundColumnResource4"
                                                                                        UniqueName="Policy Number">
                                                                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                                                                                </Columns>
                                                                                </MasterTableView>
                                                                            <ClientSettings>
                                                                                <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True"  />                                                                                
                                                                            </ClientSettings>
                                                                            <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="True"></PagerStyle>
                                                                        </telerik:RadGrid>


Actually i have added 20 columns in child grid but i'm able to see only 14 columns (based on screen REsolution) , rest of the columns are inside that grid. If i get scrolling to that Child grid then i'm able to see those columns properly. But there are no property to enable scrolling for detailed Table view. Ultimately Horizontal scrolling is not at all working for Parent Grid also. Can you suggest me how to Enable Horizontal Scrolling
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?