Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
155 views
Hi,

I have several boundcolumn, numeric column, and datetime columns. I need make these columns a required field during inplace editing.

please send directions.

thanks,
Minh Bui
Minh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
1 answer
141 views
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid1" runat="server" 
    OnNeedDataSource="RadGrid1_NeedDataSource" Skin="Default">
    <MasterTableView AutoGenerateColumns="true">
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>
Protected Sub RadGrid1_NeedDataSource(ByVal source As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.Web.UI.GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs)
     Dim dt As DataTable
     If Session("dt") Is Nothing Then
         dt = New DataTable()
         dt.Columns.Add("money")
         For i As Integer = 1 To 10
             dt.Rows.Add(i)
         Next
         Session("dt") = dt
     Else
         dt = TryCast(Session("dt"), DataTable)
     End If
     RadGrid1.DataSource = dt
 End Sub

How do I format the money column to US currency or any of other formats available in radgrid?  Thanks

Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
1 answer
66 views
How can i make a row select on checking the checkbox?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
1 answer
69 views
I have a radgrid in which i have set allowfilteringbycolumn as true.How can i set focus in the filterbox after filtering
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
2 answers
125 views
Hi Telerik,

I'm using RadGrid Q2 2011, now I want to add more PagerSize in RadGrid,
Default is {10, 20, 50}, I want add more like {10, 20, 50, 100, 150, ...}
Please show me the way to do this.
Thanks
VnDevil
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
4 answers
688 views

I have a child grid on a page.

In it's declaration I have added a call to the event handler "OnItemDataBound".
OnItemDataBound="rgContacts_ItemDataBound"

Back in the code behind I have this..

protected void rgContacts_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Item is GridDataItem && e.Item.OwnerTableView.DataSourceID == "dsContacts")
    {
        Literal ltPrimaryContact = e.Item.FindControl("ltPrimaryContact") as Literal;
 
 
    }
}

If there are 2 rows in the Contacts grid, then this method gets called twice as you would expect.

Furthermore, the IF condition is true in both cases.

However if I put a break point on the line within the IF condition, and in the watch window examine the value of...
e.Item.OwnerTableView.Items[e.Item.ItemIndex]

I get this error...

'e.Item.OwnerTableView.Items[e.Item.ItemIndex]' threw an exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'    Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem {System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException}

Needless to say, if I try this...

e.Item.OwnerTableView.Items[e.Item.ItemIndex]["con_Phone"].Text

Where 'con_Phone' is one of the values from the grid, I get the same error.

I am unable to extract any of the values in the current row.

I am using the code on this Telerik page. Alas it does not work.

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/grid-extract-primary-key-for-parent-item-in-hierarchy-on-update-insert.html

What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Brad












Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Aug 2011
6 answers
664 views
Hello,

I read a couple of articles and forum threads about applying a dropdownlist (combobox) as a filter option in RadFilter.

The samples uses a DataSource in the page though, while I want to use the OnNeedDataSource for the grid and the FilterContainerID for the RadFilter to automatically show filter field.

Here is what I got to far, so I don't get any errors:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="rgTasks" runat="server" OnNeedDataSource="rgTasks_OnNeedDataSource"
    EnableViewState="false" AutoGenerateColumns="false" Skin="WebBlue" PageSize="10"
    EnableLinqExpressions="true" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="true" AllowFilteringByColumn="true"
    ShowStatusBar="true">
    <PagerStyle AlwaysVisible="true" Position="Top" Width="100%" />
    <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="OID" ClientDataKeyNames="OID" IsFilterItemExpanded="false">
        <SortExpressions>
            <telerik:GridSortExpression FieldName="Startdatum" SortOrder="Ascending" />
        </SortExpressions>
        <Columns>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="OID" HeaderText="OID" Visible="false" AllowFiltering="false">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Volgnummer" HeaderText="Volgnummer" Visible="false"
                UniqueName="Volgnummer" AllowFiltering="true">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Taak" HeaderText="Dossier" DataType="System.String"
                UniqueName="Taak" AllowFiltering="false">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Status" HeaderText="Status" DataType="System.String"
                UniqueName="Status">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
            <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Startdatum" HeaderText="Startdatum" HeaderStyle-Width="110px"
                DataFormatString="<nobr>{0:dd/MM/yyyy}</nobr>" UniqueName="Startdatum" AllowFiltering="true">
            </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
        </Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
    <ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
        <ClientEvents OnRowClick="rowClick" />
        <Resizing AllowColumnResize="true" />
        <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
        <DataBinding EnableCaching="true">
        </DataBinding>
    </ClientSettings>
</telerik:RadGrid>
<p>
    Filter toepassen:</p>
<br />
<telerik:RadFilter ID="radFilter" runat="server" ExpressionPreviewPosition="Bottom"
    OnFieldEditorCreating="RadFilter1_FieldEditorCreating" OnApplyExpressions="RadFilter1_ApplyExpressions"
    Localization-FilterFunctionBetween="Tussen" Localization-FilterFunctionContains="Bevat"
    Localization-FilterFunctionDoesNotContain="Bevat Niet" Localization-FilterFunctionEndsWith="Eindigt op"
    Localization-FilterFunctionEqualTo="Gelijk aan" Localization-FilterFunctionGreaterThan="Groter dan"
    Localization-FilterFunctionGreaterThanOrEqualTo="Groter dan of gelijk aan" Localization-FilterFunctionIsEmpty="Is Leeg"
    Localization-FilterFunctionIsNull="Ongedefinieerd" Localization-FilterFunctionLessThan="Kleiner dan"
    Localization-FilterFunctionLessThanOrEqualTo="Kleiner dan of gelijk aan" Localization-FilterFunctionNotBetween="Niet tussen"
    Localization-FilterFunctionNotEqualTo="Niet gelijk aan" Localization-FilterFunctionNotIsEmpty="Is niet leeg"
    Localization-FilterFunctionNotIsNull="Is niet ongedefinieerd" Localization-FilterFunctionStartsWith="Begint met"
    Localization-GroupOperationAnd="En" Localization-GroupOperationNotAnd="En niet"
    Localization-GroupOperationNotOr="Of niet" Localization-GroupOperationOr="Of"
    AddExpressionToolTip="Expressie toevoegen" AddGroupToolTip="Groepering toeveoegen"
    ApplyButtonText="Toepassen" BetweenDelimeterText="en" Culture="nl-NL" RemoveToolTip="Verwijderen"
    ShowLineImages="true" SettingsFormatter="BinaryFormatter">
    <FieldEditors>
        <custom:radfilterdropdowneditor datatextfield="Status" datavaluefield="Status" fieldname="Status"
            datatype="System.String" displayname="Status" />
    </FieldEditors>
</telerik:RadFilter>

Code behind:

protected void rgTasks_OnNeedDataSource(object sender, GridNeedDataSourceEventArgs e)
    {
        DataTable dt = new DataTable();
        dt.Columns.Add("OID", typeof(long));
        dt.Columns.Add("Taak", typeof(string));
        dt.Columns.Add("Startdatum", typeof(DateTime));
        dt.Columns.Add("Status", typeof(string));
        dt.Columns.Add("Volgnummer", typeof(int));
 
        StoredProcedure sp = new StoredProcedure("getAllAanvragen");
        sp.addParameter("@regOID", "7");
 
         
        DataSet ds = sp.executeDataSet();
        if (ds != null && ds.Tables.Count > 0)
        {
            foreach (DataRow row in ds.Tables[0].Rows)
            {
                DataRow newRow = dt.NewRow();
                newRow["OID"] = long.Parse(row["OID"].ToString());
                newRow["Taak"] = CommonFunctions.makeDossiernummer(row["Dossiernummer"].ToString(), row["Volgnummer"].ToString());
                newRow["Volgnummer"] = int.Parse(row["volgnummer"].ToString());
                newRow["Startdatum"] = DateTime.Parse(row["gestartOp"].ToString());
 
 
                newRow["Status"] = Hive.Util.HiveEnum.getDescription((CommonEnums.AanvraagStatus)row["status"]);
                 
 
                dt.Rows.Add(newRow);
 
            }
        }
 
        rgTasks.DataSource = dt;
         
    }
 
    protected void RadFilter1_ApplyExpressions(object sender, RadFilterApplyExpressionsEventArgs e)
    {
        RadFilterSqlQueryProvider provider = new RadFilterSqlQueryProvider();
        provider.ProcessGroup(e.ExpressionRoot);
         
    }
 
    protected void RadFilter1_FieldEditorCreating(object sender, RadFilterFieldEditorCreatingEventArgs e)
    {
        e.Editor = new RadFilterDropDownEditor();
    }


But like this of course the dropdown doesn't show any values and only the Status filter shows.

If I add FilterContainerID="rgTasks" to the filter of course I get all fields as I want. However when i select the Status field, I get an exception:

Failed to load viewstate.  The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request.  For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request.

This is kind of expected. the filter already is on the page, I add new one. Viewstate gets broken. Dont know the exact detail, but seems logical to me.

My question is, is it possible to achieve what I want? So override the Status filter which is automatically generated from the FilterContainerID="rgTasks" with a custom filter (combobox containing the available values for the Status colum)

Thanks in advance 

/yeroon
Paul Taylor
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 28 Aug 2011
1 answer
244 views
Hi,
 Iam trying to save the uploaded image into database and also into folder in my project.Problem is that not able to save image into folder
error:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

protected void RadGrid_Insert(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)

{

 

GridEditFormInsertItem InsertItem = e.Item as GridEditFormInsertItem;

try 
{

 

string Name = (InsertItem.FindControl("txbName") as TextBox).Text;

string Address = (InsertItem.FindControl("txtAddress") as TextBox).Text;

string ContactPerson = (InsertItem.FindControl("txtContactPerson") as TextBox).Text;

int PhoneNumber = int.Parse((InsertItem.FindControl("txtPhoneNumber") as TextBox).Text);

 

string EmailID = (InsertItem.FindControl("txtEmail") as TextBox).Text;

RadAsyncUpload radAsyncUpload = InsertItem.FindControl("AsyncUpload1") as RadAsyncUpload;

UploadedFile file = radAsyncUpload.UploadedFiles[0];

string s = file.FileName;

string path = "images/"; 

 

byte[] fileData = new byte[file.InputStream.Length];

file.InputStream.Read(fileData, 0, (

int)file.InputStream.Length);

 

UploadedFile file1 = radAsyncUpload.UploadedFiles[0];

file1.SaveAs(Server.MapPath(path+s));

Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2011
1 answer
136 views
Hi Telerik Team,

   I am Arvind i am working on the rad Ajax manager, I am using rad Read Pane, inside the radPane i have created a HTML table with ID "messageTable" and i have added this Control (messageTable) to AjaxSettings Updated Control , inside the Table i have added a Asp Place Holder, at runtime i am adding LinkButtons to this and also i have added Event handler for this link buttons, My event handler Appears as follows:

protected void lb_Command(object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
        {
            //CreateLinks();

            Response.ContentType = "application/octet-stream";
                Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment;filename=" + fileName);
                //string aaa = Server.MapPath(spath + fileName);
                Response.TransmitFile(Server.MapPath("~/" + spath + "/" + fileName));
                Response.End();
        }


on clicking the link the event is being fired and it is connecting to data base and getting the required data, after getting data from database , the data that is being retrieved consists of a file (binary data)  when i try to down load the file i am getting the following error as shown in the figure : "Attachment Error.JPG".

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
N A Chary.

Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 28 Aug 2011
0 answers
120 views
Hello!
A simple question: I used the image in the grid to export to excel, pdf and word.I want to show hidden column after the grid exported.
How can I put the code in the image click event?

 I know we can put display=true in in the clieck event if there is a button there.
I used GridExporting event and put the display=true code inside. It seem to me that it doesn't work.
 Is it a click event also ? What is the name of the event?

Thanks for any help!

Amy
I used the code. It is working. No help is needed.  Amy

  protected void rg_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
  {
      if (e.CommandName == RadGrid.ExportToExcelCommandName)
      {
          rg.MasterTableView.GetColumn("x").Visible = false;
          rg.MasterTableView.GetColumn("y").Visible = true;              }
}
Amy Liu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 28 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?