We often have users pasting content from Word or other editors, and often the text contains extraneous codes, extra font tages, span tags wrapped around every block of text, etc. The users often don't even know the extra tags are there (they don't typically use HTML view, and wouldn't understand most of what they would see there anyway). It only becomes noticeable when they ask why the results look 'funny' when viewed. I don't believe this is an uncommon request; I know that we run into it regularly, and had incorporated a solution with a prior HTML editing control that worked well.
What would be nice is to have a couple of button options on the Editor, as follows;
Clean up Font Tags
This would remove any font tags in the content, and remove any nested or redundant markup.
Clean up Word Content
This would remove all extra content added by MS Word, and restore the pasted content to generic HTML.
I know we could sit down and code these, but it would be nice to have them built right in the control.