Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
220 views
Hi.
I've two time pickers, one to enter a "start time" and another for the "end time". I set both with 00:30:00 interval. First one StartTime is 00:00:00 and EndTime is 23:30:00. Second one StarTime is 00:30:00 and EndTime must be 00:00:00 (or 24:00:00) but it doesn't work. If I try to set 23:59:59, due to Interval I can't see in the timetable this last one. How I can set and EndTime to 00:000:00 (or view 23:59:59 with 30 minutes Interval)  without change the day?

Thanks in advance.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
9 answers
163 views
Hi ,


I am using a radgrid having a child grid (DetailTable1) which again has one more child grid (DetailTable2) whenever I  drag the column of the detailTable2 to groupby header I get the following javascript error on IE7:-


Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 13 May 2011 22:55:24 UTC


Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500
Line: 6
Char: 62099
Code: 0
URI: http://192.168.9.99/106/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_AccountingRadScriptManager_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d3.5.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3afab31106-1bd6-4491-9a14-59e0fc4a7081%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2011.1.315.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3ae4ca4719-c559-4761-8501-9be20bbda1fe%3a16e4e7cd%3aed16cbdc%3a86526ba7%3af7645509%3a24ee1bba%3a11a04f7e%3af46195d3%3ae330518b%3a1e771326%3ac8618e41%3a874f8ea2%3ab7778d6c%3a19620875%3a490a9d4e%3abd8f85e4%3a58366029


This error only occurs on IE7 and not on mozilla and any other browser. Please help in this .


Thanks,

Rahul.
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
2 answers
99 views
Hi telerik Team,

I have a Grid with NestedViewTemplate. In this template I have a table.

I would like to make a DragGroup on my Grid with the header column of my table.
Is it possible ?

(I can change my table for a RadGrid)

Thank.

Regards.
Mordaque
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
3 answers
85 views
I have the following requirement:
  • Radspell control to spell check a textbox
  • Radspell supports English and French languages
  • When an English user views the page, the English language is preselected from the dropdown, French language is selected otherwise

I got the above working. However, when a French users enters purely English text in the textbox and select English from the drop down, the control still do the spell checking as if French is selected. I am using version 2011.1.519.40 and asp.net 4.0.

I noticed that the issue occurs when only if I set the DictionryLanguage property

Here is the code I have used
Public Class _Default
    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
 
    Dim language As String
 
 
    Protected Sub RadSpell1_Init(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles RadSpell1.Init
        RadSpell1.SupportedLanguages = New String() {"en-us", "English", "fr-fr", "French"}
 
        If language = "1" Then
            RadSpell1.DictionaryLanguage = "fr-fr"
        Else
            RadSpell1.DictionaryLanguage = "en-us"
 
        End If
 
    End Sub
 
    Private Sub Page_PreInit(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.PreInit
        If Request.QueryString.AllKeys.Contains("lang") Then
            language = Request.QueryString("lang").ToString
        End If
    End Sub
End Class

<%@ Page Title="Home Page" Language="vb" MasterPageFile="~/Site.Master" AutoEventWireup="false"
    CodeBehind="Default.aspx.vb" Inherits="TelerikRadSpellPOC._Default" %>
 
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
 
<asp:Content ID="HeaderContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="HeadContent">
</asp:Content>
<asp:Content ID="BodyContent" runat="server" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
    <h2>
        Welcome to ASP.NET!
    </h2>
    <div>
        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
        <telerik:RadSpell ID="RadSpell1" runat="server"  ControlToCheck="TextBox1"
                    />
 
    </div>
</asp:Content>

Please let me know if I missed anything
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
4 answers
140 views
I'm using a radnumeric textbox as a template control in a radgrid which is in a radajaxpanel. The radnumerictextbox doesn't increment or decrement.  The grid has paging and if i move to another page the radnumeric textbox works. Also if I take the radajax panel off it also works. I'm using controls in ASP.NET Ajax Q2 2010 SP1 (Version 2011.1.519)
Any clues ?
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel3" runat="server" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel2" >
                    <div style="margin: 5px 15px 0 15px; ">
                        Search:<asp:TextBox ID="txtCode" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
 
                        <asp:ImageButton ID="btnSearchParts" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/images/icons/magnifier.png" ToolTip="Search Navision" />
 
                        <div style="float:right;">
                            <b>Add Kit List:</b>
                            <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cmbKitLists" runat="server">
                            </telerik:RadComboBox>
                            <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnAddKitList" OnClick="btnAddKitList_Click" Text="Add Kit" />   
                        </div>
                        <div style="clear:both;"></div>
                    </div>
                     
                    <br />
                    <b style="margin-left:15px;">Search Results</b>
                    <telerik:RadGrid ID="grdSearchRslts" runat="server"
                        GridLines="None"
                        AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                        AllowMultiRowSelection="False"
                        AllowPaging="True"
                        Skin="Office2007"
                        OnNeedDataSource="grdSearchRslts_NeedsData" >
                                   
                        <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="ItemNo">
                            <CommandItemSettings ExportToPdfText="Export to Pdf"></CommandItemSettings>
 
                            <RowIndicatorColumn>
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                            </RowIndicatorColumn>
 
                            <ExpandCollapseColumn>
                            <HeaderStyle Width="20px"></HeaderStyle>
                            </ExpandCollapseColumn>
             
                                <Columns>
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="ItemNo" DataType="System.Int32"
                                        HeaderText="ItemNo" SortExpression="ItemNo"
                                        UniqueName="ItemNo">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="VendorItemNo" DataType="System.String"
                                        HeaderText="Vendor Part Code" SortExpression="VendorItemNo"
                                        UniqueName="VendorItemNo">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Description" DataType="System.String"
                                        HeaderText="Description" SortExpression="Description"
                                        UniqueName="Description">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="UnitPrice" DataType="System.Decimal"
                                        HeaderText="Unit Price" SortExpression="UnitPrice" HeaderStyle-Width="50px" ItemStyle-Width="50px"
                                        UniqueName="UnitPrice">
                                        <HeaderStyle Width="60" Wrap="true" />
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="UnitCost" DataType="System.Decimal"
                                        HeaderText="Unit Cost" SortExpression="UnitCost"  HeaderStyle-Width="50px" ItemStyle-Width="50px"
                                        UniqueName="UnitCost">
                                        <HeaderStyle Width="60" Wrap="true" />
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="VendorName" DataType="System.String"
                                        HeaderText="Vendor" SortExpression="VendorName"
                                        UniqueName="VendorName">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
             
                                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="VendorNo" DataType="System.String"
                                        HeaderText="VendorNo" SortExpression="VendorNo"
                                        UniqueName="VendorNo" Visible="false">
                                    </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
 
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="QuantityTemplateColumns" HeaderText="Quantity" DataField="Quantity" >
                                        <ItemTemplate >
                                            <telerik:RadNumericTextBox ID="upQuantityCol" runat="server" Culture="en-GB"  DbValue='<%# Convert.ToInt32(Eval("Quantity")) %>'
                                                DataType="System.Int32" MinValue="0" ShowSpinButtons="True" Skin="Office2007"  SelectionOnFocus="SelectAll" Type="Number" 
                                                Width="50px" Font-Size="12pt" Value="0" >
                                                <NumberFormat DecimalDigits="0" />
   
                                            </telerik:RadNumericTextBox>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
 
                                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="CheckBoxTemplateColumn" >
                                        <HeaderTemplate>
                                         
                                         <asp:CheckBox id="headerChkbox" OnCheckedChanged="ToggleSelectedState" AutoPostBack="True" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
                                        </HeaderTemplate>
                                        <ItemTemplate>
                                            <asp:CheckBox id="CheckBox1" OnCheckedChanged="ToggleRowSelection" AutoPostBack="True" runat="server"></asp:CheckBox>
                                        </ItemTemplate>
                                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                                </Columns>
                        </MasterTableView>
                    </telerik:RadGrid>
                     
                    <div style="margin: 0 15px 0 15px; margin-right:15px; float:left;">
                        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblSupplierTitle" Text="Supplier"></asp:Label>                       
                        <asp:DropDownList ID="drpSupplier" runat="server" AutoPostBack="true">
                        </asp:DropDownList>
                        <br />
                        <asp:Button ID="btnAddParts" runat="server" Text="Add Parts" />
                    </div>
 
                    <div style="float:left;">
                        <asp:Label runat="server" ID="lblDepotTitle" Text="Depot"></asp:Label>
                        <asp:DropDownList ID="drpSupplierDepot" runat="server">
                        </asp:DropDownList>
                    </div>
 
                    <div style="clear:both;"></div>
 
                    <br />
                   </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>





 
mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
1 answer
247 views
Hello,

I have a problem with treeview display.

Here's the aspx..

 

<telerik:RadTreeView ID="radTVFolders" runat="server" AccessKey="T" Skin="Default" EnableEmbeddedSkins="false" CollapseAnimation-Type="Linear" ExpandAnimation-Type="Linear" EnableDragAndDrop="false" ShowLineImages="False" OnClientNodeClicked="ClientNodeClicked"  OnClientNodeClicking="ClientNodeClicking"> 
<CollapseAnimation Type="OutSine" /> 
</telerik:RadTreeView>

 


Also, please find attached the screenshot of the weird treeview display. Since the treeview does not show up properly it throws javascript error "this._element is null or not an object" on mouseover of the nodes.

When I see the view source of the page, I see that the div tag is not well formed. It comes up as "<divclass="rtMid">" for the node which breaks.

The issue is random. Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
1 answer
143 views
I've recently been updating some of my out dated scheduler code to use the newer UI dll's as well as newer custom advanced from templates.

I've noticed the use of this DisplayToUtc method in some area. 

I was hoping someone could expand on the little documentation on this method and perhaps comment on where and how it should be used.

I just did a test in the save click method of the advanced form. I chose Aug 25th at 9am as the start date. 

>>> apt.get_start()
Date {Thu Aug 25 2011 09:00:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)}
 
>>> this._scheduler.displayToUtc(apt.get_start())
Date {Thu Aug 25 2011 09:00:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)}

So no change in that example.
I'm wondering in what cases should I xpect there to be a change and how this method was intended to be used

regards,
roatin
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
6 answers
608 views
Hello guys,

I have problem that only happens in IE 9.  The text property of ComboBox always returns empty value.

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="RecurrenceType" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
       <Triggers>           
           <asp:PostBackTrigger ControlID="rcbName" />          
       </Triggers>
       <ContentTemplate>
           <table class="style1">              
               <tr>
                   <td class="style4">
                       Name:
                   </td>
                   <td class="style3">
                       <telerik:RadComboBox ID="rcbName" runat="server" Width="406px" Height="125px"
                                    EmptyMessage="Type media item name" AllowCustomText="true" MarkFirstMatch="true" Sort="Ascending">
                       </telerik:RadComboBox>
                   </td>
               </tr>
           </table>
       </ContentTemplate>
   </asp:UpdatePanel>

Any help would be appreciated.

- Igor 

Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
1 answer
114 views
 
I have the follwoing code in my web page. On the click of the link button ID_Link, I am raising an event and delegates that passes some calculated value of  to anothe web page. The raising of the event works if I remove this line <telerik:RadAjaxPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxPanel_Header" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
otherwise if I put this line back then it does not work
I am not sure how can I raise the event on the click of the ID_Link with using ajax along with it.
Below is my code:  It seems ajax does not work well with raising events. any help will be greatly appreciated
<telerik:RadPanelBar ID="RadPanelBar1" runat="server" Width="1500px" BackColor="#E6E6E6"
ExpandMode="MultipleExpandedItems">
<Items>
<telerik:RadPanelItem runat="server" Text="ID Picker" Expanded="true">
<Items>
<telerik:RadPanelItem Text="" Expanded="true">
<ItemTemplate>
<telerik:RadAjaxPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxPanel_Header" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1">
<table> <tr>
<td>
<div class="cis_edit_label_tiny">
keyword:</div>
   
<telerik:RadTextBox ID="radTBX_SearchBox" runat="server">
</telerik:RadTextBox><telerik:RadButton ID="radBtn_Search" runat="server" Text="Search"
OnClick="radBtn_Search_Click">
</telerik:RadButton>
<telerik:RadButton ID="radBtn_CurentlySelected" runat="server" Text="Show parents "
OnClick="radBtn_CurentlySelected_Click" Visible="false" />
</td>
<td>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<telerik:RadGrid ID="RadGrid_IDPicker" AllowSorting="True" PageSize="100" AllowPaging="True"
runat="server" GridLines="None" OnPageIndexChanged="RadGrid_IDPicker_PageIndexChanged"
OnPageSizeChanged="RadGrid_IDPicker_PageSizeChanged" Width="1500px" Visible="false"
OnItemDataBound="RadGrid_IDPicker_DataBound">
<MasterTableView RetrieveAllDataFields="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false" DataKeyNames="ID">
<Columns>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn UniqueName="TemplateLinkColumn" AllowFiltering="false"
HeaderText="ID">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:LinkButton ID="ID_Link" runat="server" OnClick="ID_Link_Click" Text='<%#Bind("ID") %>'
CommandName="Bold"></asp:LinkButton>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="TAG">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lbltag" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("TAG") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn HeaderText="TAG" Visible="false">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label ID="lblRootLevel" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("root_level") %>'></asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
<telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Nom" HeaderText="Nom">
</telerik:GridBoundColumn>
</Columns>
</MasterTableView>
<PagerStyle Mode="NextPrevAndNumeric" />
</telerik:RadGrid>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
</ItemTemplate>
</telerik:RadPanelItem>
</Items>
</telerik:RadPanelItem>
</Items>
</telerik:RadPanelBar>  
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
2 answers
81 views
Hi,

Im running in some very strange behavior with the  radcombobox (Telerik 2011Q2).
I have 2 dropdownlist and a button. Changing the selecting of the 1st box alters the content in the 2nd box. the button does nothing special, just a postback.

When i change the selection of the first box, the 2nd box gets filled correctly. But when i push the button, the contents of the 2nd box gets alterd, the fist 2 items dissapear and the last 2 get copied and are added to the back.

aspx
<telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
</telerik:RadScriptManager>
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlbInstituut" runat="server"  AutoPostBack="true" />
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="ddlbAfdeling" runat="server" CheckBoxes="true" Width="300px"
     />
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Button" />

vb.net
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
    If Page.IsPostBack = False Then
        vulInstituutDropdown()
    End If
End Sub
Sub vulInstituutDropdown()
    Dim dsInstituten As DataSet
    dsInstituten = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(Conn, "SP_GetInstituut")
    With ddlbInstituut
        .DataSource = dsInstituten
        .AutoPostBack = True
        .ID = "ddlbInstituut"
        .DataTextField = "inst_omschrijving"
        .DataValueField = "inst_id"
        .DataBind()
    End With
    vulAfdelingDropdown()
End Sub
Private Sub vulAfdelingDropdown()
    Dim dsAfdelingen As DataSet
    dsAfdelingen = SqlHelper.ExecuteDataset(Conn, "SP_GetAfdelingen", ddlbInstituut.SelectedValue)
    With ddlbAfdeling
        .Controls.Clear()
        .ID = "ddlbAfdeling"
        .DataSource = dsAfdelingen
        .DataTextField = "afde_omschrijving"
        .DataValueField = "afde_id"
        .DataBind()
    End With
End Sub
Protected Sub ddlbInstituut_SelectedIndexChanged1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ddlbInstituut.SelectedIndexChanged
    vulAfdelingDropdown()
End Sub

The storedprocedures always cough up the correct data.

When useing radListBox, same problem, enabeling or disabeling the checkboxes makes no difference, when useing conventional dropdownlists, no problems whatsoever.

Please help.
it-workz
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Aug 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?