Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
2 answers
110 views
Hi,
I am writing a server composite control which would reuse some of the RadComboBox functionality. When running a page which uses that control I am getting a JavaScript error (see the bottom of my post). I have narrowed the problem down to the RadComboBox itself. Is there any known fix to that?

Here is my server control (stripped as much as I can to produce the problem) :

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using Telerik.Web.UI;
  
namespace ServerControl1
{
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:ScapaLoad runat=server></{0}:ScapaLoad>")]
    public class ScapaLoad : CompositeControl
    {
        RadComboBox _combo;
  
        [
            Category("Data"),
            Description("Data source ID for populating combo box"),
            PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.Attribute)
        ]
        public string DataSourceID
        {
            get
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                return _combo.DataSourceID;
            }
            set
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                _combo.DataSourceID = value;
            }
        }
  
        [
            Category("Data"),
            Description("Database field with value to be used as a value of each combo box element"),
            PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.Attribute)
        ]
        public string DataValueField
        {
            get
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                return _combo.DataValueField;
            }
            set
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                _combo.DataValueField = value;
            }
        }
  
        [
            Category("Data"),
            Description("Database field to be used as a visible text for chosen element from combo box"),
            PersistenceMode(PersistenceMode.Attribute)
        ]
        public string DataTextField
        {
            get
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                return _combo.DataTextField;
            }
            set
            {
                EnsureChildControls();
                _combo.DataTextField = value;
            }
        }
  
  
        protected override void CreateChildControls()
        {
            Controls.Clear();
  
            _combo = new RadComboBox();
  
            Controls.Add(_combo);
        }
  
        protected override void RecreateChildControls()
        {
            EnsureChildControls();
        }
  
        protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
        {
            AddAttributesToRender(writer);
            _combo.RenderControl(writer);
        }
    }
}


A page using the control (again, stripped down to just the control itself) :

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default2.aspx.cs" Inherits="Default2" %>
  
<%@ Register Assembly="ServerControl1" Namespace="ServerControl1" TagPrefix="aspSample" %>
<%@ Register assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" tagprefix="telerik" %>
  
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  
<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
          
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"/>
  
        <asp:LinqDataSource ID="LinqDataSource1" runat="server" EnableDelete="true" 
            ContextTypeName="TestLinqDataContext" EntityTypeName="" TableName="Users">
        </asp:LinqDataSource>
  
        <aspSample:ScapaLoad ID="ScapaLoad1" runat="server" 
            DataSourceID="LinqDataSource1" DataValueField="Name" DataTextField="Name" />
  
    </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

The javascript error I am getting is:

'undefined' is null or not an object  Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3ac9d03845-da3c-45e9-ab05-79ee502af576%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2011.2.712.40%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3af9722142-3e1c-4803-86df-ecfc0d24f144%3a16e4e7cd%3af7645509%3a24ee1bba%3af46195d3%3a1e771326%3aaa288e2d, line 6 character 74101


Please help, it is urgent. If you need any additional data please let me know and I will provide it if I can.

Thanks,

Daniel Gruszczyk
Ivana
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
0 answers
177 views
Hi
I create a ajaxpanel and add to it some of control,also i add a ajaxpanel .i assign always mode two ajaxpanel ,equal to "Always".
but when either of ajaxpanel updating other of ajaxpanel hide from my page..
  i test this scenario with updatepanel asp.net and it worked correctly...

        <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Height="100%" 
            Width="100%"  LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" 
            onajaxsettingcreated="RadAjaxPanel1_AjaxSettingCreated" >
            <asp:Button Text="FirstButton" ID="FirstButton" runat="server" onclick="FirstButton_Click" />
            <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="FirstTxt" />
  
            <telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel2" runat="server" Height="200px" 
                Width="300px" LoadingPanelID="RadAjaxLoadingPanel1" 
                onajaxsettingcreated="RadAjaxPanel2_AjaxSettingCreated" >
                <asp:Button Text="SecondButton" ID="SecondButton" runat="server" 
                    onclick="SecondButton_Click" style="margin-bottom: 0px" />
                <asp:TextBox runat="server"  ID="SecondTxt"/>
                <asp:Label  ID="SecondLable" runat="server" />
            </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
          
        </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
  
  
protected void RadAjaxPanel1_AjaxSettingCreated(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSettingCreatedEventArgs e)
        {   
            e.UpdatePanel.UpdateMode = UpdatePanelUpdateMode.Always;
        }
  
        protected void RadAjaxPanel2_AjaxSettingCreated(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.AjaxSettingCreatedEventArgs e)
        {
            e.UpdatePanel.UpdateMode = UpdatePanelUpdateMode.Always;
        }
  
        protected void FirstButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            SecondTxt.Text = "ok";
        }
  
        protected void SecondButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
  
            FirstTxt.Text = "ok";
            SecondTxt.Text = "ok";
            txt3.Text = "ok";
            SecondLable.Text = "ok";
           }
mehdi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
104 views
Hello!
I want to work with grid with large amount of rows(~300000) using ASP.Net AJAX Telerik Controls.
But grid works very slowly. have you some solution for my problem?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
8 answers
198 views

Hello All,

I have a very simple Calendar with 2 months, Sep and Oct
The SpecialDay is Oct first an must be only visible on the second month in the calendar.
So far so good.

 

In the first month of the calendar this date is not visible as a SpecialDay but when I hover over the date then the date lights-up while it must be disabled and when hover-off then the style is applied from the special date.

 

The screen dump’s show before hover and after hover.

 

I set the date on DayRender and compare the date to e.Day and the Month.

The tooltip is only visible on the second calendar month so I know the a have the correct day and month.

 

How can I disable the days form the other months without setting the property ShowOtherMonthsDays="false" ?

<head runat="server">
    <title></title>
    <style type="text/css">
        .RadCalendar .event_future
        {
            border: 1px solid Green !important;
            background-color: Lime;
        }
        .RadCalendar .rcOtherMonth a, .RadCalendar .riDisabled a
        {
            cursor: default;
        }
    </style>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server">
    </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadCalendar ID="RadCalendar1" runat="server" CultureInfo="nl-NL" EnableMultiSelect="False"
            EnableMonthYearFastNavigation="False" FirstDayOfWeek="Monday" MultiViewRows="2"
            TitleFormat="MMM" ShowDayCellToolTips="false" Skin="WebBlue" TitleAlign="Center" 
            UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False">
        </telerik:RadCalendar>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

 

Protected Sub RadCalendar1_DayRender(sender As Object, e As Telerik.Web.UI.Calendar.DayRenderEventArgs) Handles RadCalendar1.DayRender
    Dim SpecialDay As Date = DateValue("1-10-2011")
    If e.Day.Date = SpecialDay AndAlso e.View.MonthStartDate.Month = SpecialDay.Month Then
        e.Day.IsSelectable = True
        e.Day.IsDisabled = False
        e.Cell.ToolTip = "SpecialDay"
        e.Cell.CssClass = "event_future"
    Else
        e.Day.IsSelectable = False
        e.Day.IsDisabled = True
        e.Cell.CssClass = "riDisabled"
    End If
    Me.RadCalendar1.SpecialDays.Add(e.Day)
End Sub

 

 

 

Best regards,

 

Marco

Marco
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
65 views
Hi guys

I created a simple project at home with telerik controls...Now when i open my project at school i get the errors "Failer to create designer" How can i solve this?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
205 views
hi all :)

I want my window to be maximized by default when it open

how can I do that ?


thanks :)
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
84 views
Hi

I am working on a grid that allows for in-line editting and I'm using edit templates.

I have a couple of columns that are inter-related.

The first column allows the user to pick from one of three choices when in edit mode,

No Sort, Sort Ascending, or Sort Descending. I am using a ComboBox in this column's ItemTemplate.

The second column allows the user to determine the sort precidence, 1, 2, 3, etc.
For this column I am using a NumericTextBox with SpinUp and SpinDown buttons.

If the first column has 'No Sort' as its value I would like to prevent the Edit Control for the second
column from appearing when I put the row into edit mode.

I have managed to create some client-side code that hides and shows the NumericTextBox and its spin buttons
and I invoke this code on a selection change in the first column's ComboBox. This works acceptably.

However I have been unable to come up with a method for not showing the NumericEditControl when
I put the row into edit mode.

Any ideas on how to do this with client, or server side could wold be a great help.

THX
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
1 answer
80 views
Hi,

I am using Radgrid  and i want to change the style of GroupHeaderItem.
The skin of Radgrid is "SunSet". 

I just override telerik css class like -

.RadGrid_Sunset .rgGroupHeader td p{
    color:#FF6633 !important;
}

it is working fine. But is it efficient way to do that?

Thanks in advance...
Regards,
Abhi
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
7 answers
447 views
Hello,
This is what I do from client side:
 var master = $find(gridID).get_masterTableView();
 master.fireCommand("InitInsert", "");
Grid correctly creates a new row but I never get to ItemCommand handler in codebehind. Why?
Thank you.
Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Sep 2011
0 answers
74 views
protected void RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
       {
           if (e.Item is GridEditableItem && e.Item.IsInEditMode)
           {
               RadDatePicker StartDate = (RadDatePicker)e.Item.FindControl("DateofCommencement");
               RadNumericTextBox Duration = (RadNumericTextBox)e.Item.FindControl("Duration");
               RadDatePicker EndDate = (RadDatePicker)e.Item.FindControl("DateofCompletion");
               Duration.Attributes.Add("onblur", string.Format("changeEndDate('{0}','{1}','{2}','{3}','{4}');", StartDate.ClientID, Duration.ClientID, EndDate.ClientID, Dtcomm, Dtcomplete));
           }
       }


In this itemdatabound  i passing through javascript ,
First time public variable values are come ,
after i change the public variable ,
Second that public variables values not old values on available ,
How i get current values

Reply as soon as possible

Thanks,
Mohamed,
mohamed
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 29 Sep 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?