Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
134 views
Hi,
In my project I have asp buttons, checkboxes and already have telerik buttons, grids etc. I want to set a custom skin for all of them.
In master page I put a skinmanager and formdecorator elements and set my custom skin. I used both of them because If I use only formdecorator asp controls affected from skin not telerik controls, or If I use only skinmanager, telerik controls affected from skin not asp controls. So I used all of them.
1- Are there a solution about using only one component for setting a skin to all controls(Asp and Telerik)
2- After building project, in Google Chrome there is no problem in skin, everything is working fine but in IE 9 all controls are looking very bad, in Firefox skin is working but positions are wrong. How can I solve?
In attachments you can see screen captures for Chrome, IE and Firefox.

Thank you.
Niko
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
144 views
Hello,

I have three RadMenu Look problems that i would reslove:

The first, it that all the menu move right and left when i pass the mouse from a menu item to another. This problem is met only on IE.
The second, is that i have a space margin to the left and the right of the text of menu items wich i need to reduce.
Finally, The arrow of the item menus that have children items disappear when the mouse is hover on.

Thanx for helping to solve these issues.

Hind
Kate
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
103 views
I have a server-side event:
Protected Sub RadListBoxSource_Transferred(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As RadListBoxTransferredEventArgs) Handles RadListBoxSource.Transferred
    If RadListBoxDestination.Items.Count > 0 AndAlso Not ("8".Equals(rblAwardType.SelectedValue)) Then
        RadListBoxSource.ButtonSettings.TransferButtons = ListBoxTransferButtons.TransferTo
    Else
        RadListBoxSource.ButtonSettings.TransferButtons = ListBoxTransferButtons.TransferFrom
    End If
End Sub
that I'd like to perform using the client instead. Is it possible to change the ButtonSettings for a RadListBox using client-side code?
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
119 views
For a RadAsyncUpload contol I set MaxFileInputsCount="1" and  MaxFileSize="4194304"  (4MB) .When I am trying to upload a file morethan 4MB then the upload indicator image turns red and on click of cancel upload control is missing. This is happening only in Firefox
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
110 views
Hello,

Is it possible to add a Image to the Grid in the rafileexplorer. With the help of your tutorials I was enable to add customs collumns. However, I would like to transform one of these collumns in a image.


Thanks,

Rod
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
2 answers
153 views
Hi,

I have got a radSplitter, consisting of two radpane controls and a vertical splitterbar to seperate the two panes.
The left pane is empty, but the right pane contains a radwindow (that has RestrictionZoneID set to the right pane's ID).

When I try to resize the panes by dragging the radsplitterbar to the left everything is working fine. However if I try to resize the panes by draggin the radsplitterbar to the right it seems as if the splitterbar can not go past the radwindow. The radwindow kind of "obstructs" the radsplitterbar's movement.

Any ideas how to get around this, and have the radwindow resize with the panel when the splitterbar moves to the right?

Thanks
magdil
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
101 views
How does one control Excel cell formatting for a templated column based on a value? The documentation states that one can use

double.Parse(e.Cell.Text) < 0

but Cell.Text is empty for a GridTemplateColumn ...
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
140 views
I've read through several posts on this and none of the situations seem to quite follow what I'm needing to do. 

I would like to have a 3-Tier set of grids that only the 1st Tier populates on Load, each child grid then get's it data when the parent row expands.  I would like to do this without a full postback event and take advantage of ajax and client side code. 

it looks something like this:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="Tier1Grid"...>
    <MasterTableView ... HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand">
        <NestedViewTemplate>
            <telerik:RadGrid ID="Tier2Grid"...>
                <MasterTableView ... HierarchyLoadMode="ServerOnDemand">
                    <NestedViewTemplate>
                        <telerik:RadGrid ID="Tier3Grid"...>
                            <MasterTableView ...>
                                <Columns>....</Columns>
                            </MasterTableView>
                        </telerik:RadGrid>
                    </NestedViewTemplate>
                    <Columns>....</Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
            <telerik:RadGrid>
        </NestedViewTemplate>
        <Columns>....</Columns>
    </MasterTableView>
</telerik:RadGrid>

For the Tier1Grid, I am able to use the NeedDataSource, ItemDataBound, etc. for binding the data.

The biggest challenge has been during the ajax binding of data to the 2nd and 3rd Tiers.  I've used the ClientSettings - ClientEvents - OnHierarchyExpanding event to begin the process of calling to a webservice to retrieve the data for the second tier.  During this code I want to bind to the appropriate MasterTableView, but I'm unable to determine how I should find the parent grid Tier2Grid so that I can use the set_dataSource and set_dataBind methods.

I have tried using the jQuery function $find('<%= Tier2Grid.ClientID %>'); yet I get a compile error from .NET referencing that it knows nothing about the grid within the template.

I hope this is enough to get the conversation started.  Please feel free to reference other threads and demos.  I might have missed them in my search.

Best Wishes,
Keith

I hope this is enough
Mira
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
4 answers
530 views
Hi, I have a databound rad combo box. Is it possible to hide a specific item based on its value or index?

Your assistance will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Derek
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
67 views
 Hi All,

               Am Getting the below attached error when am filtering the contents based on options .Please suggest some solutions.


Thanks,
Sravan
Magnasys
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?