Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
9 answers
185 views
Hello,
I use RadDatePicker and RadTextBox controls in RadGrid template columns, and I need them to have a new property named IsRequired. Also, I want check on client side whether data for this control is mandatory, and draw a red border around control if it's empty. So the only idea that comes to my mind is to create an extender control to extend serverside and clientside functionality. I did that but everything I got was "Extender controls of type "MyExtender" cannot extend controls of type RadDateTimePIcker". Is there a way to do that?
I cannot validate them on postback, if this is what you want to advice me. Neither can I validate them other way. Those rules were not set by me and those are not what should be discussed :( Can you please tell me how to extend your controls functionality?
Thank you.
Dmitry
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
10 answers
294 views
Hi,
In my schedular i am using  month view only.but in the row date header ,when i click it goes to its corresponding date view. For example for april 6 when i click the 6,it will go to day view of 6.I don want to display day view.how can i remove click of date header?
Hardy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
161 views
I have a radeditor control inside an asp.net form view insert item template.

 As the user types text into the radeditor, I want to display the text/html inside a seperate label (within the same insert item template) in real time. (Yes, I know that the radeditor has a preview mode, but the real time preview must be seperate to the radeditor in my scenario). 

This is my server side code:
RadEditor re1 = (RadEditor)FormView_RISummaryDetailsFV.FindControl("RadEditorSummaryDescription_RISummaryDetailsFVEditItemTemplate");
Label lab1 = (Label)FormView_RISummaryDetailsFV.FindControl("LabelResumePreviewHeader_RISummaryDetailsFVEditItemTemplate");
Label lab2 = (Label)FormView_RISummaryDetailsFV.FindControl("LabelResumePreviewContents_RISummaryDetailsFVEditItemTemplate");
 
 
re1.Attributes.Add("onKeyUp", "JavaScript:summaryRealTimePreview('" + re1.ClientID + "', '" + lab1.ClientID + "', '" + lab2.ClientID + "');");

This is my JavaScript code:
<script type="text/javascript" >
    function summaryRealTimePreview(re1_id, lab1_id, lab2_id) {
        var re1 = $find(re1_id);
        var lab1 = document.getElementById(lab1_id);
        var lab2 = document.getElementById(lab2_id);
 
 
        lab1.innerHTML = re1.get_html();
        lab2.innerHTML = re1.get_html();
    }
</script>


Also, I have attempted to implement the onClientLoad="onClientLoad" function of the RadEditor control, but I am unable to find the two required labels which are both inside the insert item template, such as:

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" onClientLoad="OnClientLoad" />

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
    function OnClientLoad(editor) {
        var element = document.all ? editor.get_document().body : editor.get_document();
        $telerik.addExternalHandler(element, "keyup", keyUpFunction);
    }
 
 
    function keyUpFunction() {
        alert("key up function tripped");
    }
</script>





Can anyone guide me on the correct syntax or correct coding to achieve this?





.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
140 views
When I mouseover buttons on my toolbar, the button turns completely gray (default skin).

I have tried to change ".RadEDomMouseOver" in my css file where I set the background color to white, etc but have had no luck.  What is the css I need to set?

Nevermind...it was a css issue
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
7 answers
152 views
Hi,
a design coder is using Cufon to get the desired font. This works well when the page first loads but when I change pages via a radtabstrip , the font formating dissapears.
I have seen several examples that use the OnResponseEnd event of the RadAjaxManager to fire Cufon.refresh(), but this removes all the text so that no h2 tags appear on the page.

I'm using the code:
function responseEnd(sender, eventArgs) {
    Cufon.replace('h1', { hover: true });
    Cufon.replace('h2', { hover: true });
    Cufon.now();
}

Anybody have any ideas?
Regards
Roger 
Dimitar Terziev
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
131 views
I have the strangest thing happening with my url. I have been testing a new website in QA, and I noticed that every time I use a Telerik RadMenu I get an extra folder in the url. I have my QA website hosted on godaddy and the url is www.programguy.com. This website resides in a folder called "programguy". When I traverse this website, every thing appears to be working normally and the url looks normal, i.e. www.programguy.com/default.aspx would be an example of the url. However, when I use the RadMenu the url changes to www.programguy.com/programguy/default.aspx. Can anyone give me some insight on how to correct this?

William
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
73 views
Hello!
I faced the following throuble with RadSplitter:
When i resize the splitter by invoking in OnClientLoad handler or in window.resize handler like this 
var splitter =  $find('<%= mainSplitter.ClientID %>');
splitter.set_width($(window).width()-34);
splitter.set_height($(window).height() - 114);

The sliding pane starts slide in and out when i try to show it (by hovering the related tab in sliding zone) and slides so until i click outside the splitter or the pane few times, sometimes it stops if i click on the tab again. When i resize window vertically and invoke splitter resizing javascript by handling window.onresize, the horro surely starts. Somestimes it can start after horizontal rsize, but not sure how all this related to each other.

My markup is like this:
<Telerik:RadSplitter runat="server" ID="mainSplitter" LiveResize="false" OnClientLoad="InitSplitter" Width="640px"><br>    <Telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="leftPane" Scrolling="None" Width="25px" ><br>        <Telerik:RadSlidingZone runat="server" ID="mainSlidingZone" Width="25px"><br>            <Telerik:RadSlidingPane ID="projectsPanel" runat="server" Title="Projects"  Font-Size="14pt" Width="300px"><br>                <Telerik:RadAjaxPanel runat="server" ID="leftTreePanel" Width="300px"><br>                    <Telerik:RadTreeView runat="server" ID="leftTree" AllowNodeEditing="false" AppendDataBoundItems="false" <br>                        DataFieldID="Key" DataFieldParentID="Key"<br>                        MultipleSelect="false" EnableDragAndDrop="false"<br>                        MaxDataBindDepth="2" SingleExpandPath="true"<br>                        CausesValidation="false" OnClientNodeClicked="ClientNodeClick"<br>                        OnNodeExpand="POExpand"><br>                    </Telerik:RadTreeView><br>                </Telerik:RadAjaxPanel><br>            </Telerik:RadSlidingPane><br>        </Telerik:RadSlidingZone><br>    </Telerik:RadPane><br>    <Telerik:RadSplitBar runat="server" Width="5px" /><br>    <Telerik:RadPane runat="server" ID="currentItemsPane" Width="610px"><br><div>     <!-- Main Grid with other content in Ajax panel is placed here. --></div>     </Telerik:RadPane><br></Telerik:RadPane>

Best regards,
Konstantin
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
98 views
The grid data is being displayed properly when I'm running my app on localhost but after I've uploaded it to our development server the grid doesn't return any data at all.

 

 

 

 

 

protected void radBtnSearch_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        radGridLastName.Rebind();
    }

The SQL query is on the ASP side of things.  Any insight would be appreciated.

Andrey
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
9 answers
205 views
Hi,
I have a combobox with MarkFirstMatch="true" AllowCustomText="true"
filled with numbers 1, 3,5,7,...29
When i start enter and type 21 - I get item 21 selected, this is expected
But when i want to type 13 - after I enter 1 cursor jumps to the start position of input box and after I enter 3 i get 31 instead.

How to fix this?

Thank you
Alex

Simon
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
1 answer
74 views
Hi ,

I need to drag an item from RadTreeView and place it in the group Panel of a radgrid in RadTreeView1_NodeDrop event  and grouping should be done accordingly . I am binding the Columns dynamically to the radgrid not in design time . Could you please send me a sample for this?

My requirement is same as : http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/ajax/drag-columns-to-grid-group-panel-and-grid-separetly.aspx


Regards
Radhika

Marin
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?