Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
3 answers
136 views
Hello

I've been able to set some properties like header, footer, margins, orientation, etc but I got stuck on others:
- header/footer right alignment
- PaperSize property
- PrintHeadings property
- Zoom property
- set scaling to "fit all columns on one page".

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Daniel
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
5 answers
152 views
Hello,

For anyone out there using IE 9 and version 2010.1.519.35 ASP .NET I think I may have found a bug. Now I am not sure if this is a Telerik or Msoft issue but it is there either way. The drag and drop capability was not working between the two list boxes. Had me pulling my hair out till I tried other IE versions along with Safari and Firefox. The code below worked in every way except for drag and drop and the Server side API event were not firing.

<td>
     <telerik:RadListBox ID="AvailableRolesListBox" runat="server" Height="200" DataTextField="DisplayName" DataValueField="RoleId" CssClass="AvailableRolesListBox" SelectionMode="Multiple" AllowTransfer="true" TransferToID="SelectedRolesListBox" OnTransferred="RadListBox_Transferred" AutoPostBackOnTransfer="true" EnableDragAndDrop="true" AllowTransferOnDoubleClick="true" OnDropped="RadListBox_Dropped" Skin="WebBlue" />
</td>
 
<td>
       
</td>
                     
<td>
     <telerik:RadListBox ID="SelectedRolesListBox" runat="server" Height="200" DataTextField="DisplayName" DataValueField="RoleId" CssClass="SelectedRolesListBox" SelectionMode="Multiple" AllowTransfer="true" TransferToID="AvailableRolesListBox" OnTransferred="RadListBox_Transferred" AutoPostBackOnTransfer="true" EnableDragAndDrop="true" AllowTransferOnDoubleClick="true" OnDropped="RadListBox_Dropped" Skin="WebBlue" />
</td>


As I mentioned earlier I don't know if this is a problem with IE or Telerik and I know that Telerik has a newer release of the ASP .NET controls and hopefully by Q4 I can get this very large site upgraded to them. This post is mostly to help anyone out there hitting the same wall and Goggling for help.

JB
federic batista
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
117 views
Hi telerik team,

I need a clarification in add custom drop down.
When i add custom drop down via code behind,only able to see the custom drop down only.

Instead of that ,Is any possibility to add custom dropdown in that full set of tools. If possible,share any idea to proceed.

Expecting your valuable suggestions.

Thank you.
Rumen
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
2 answers
82 views
Currently, the date is a Link, and I don't want it to be.  How do I disable that?
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
10 answers
157 views
I just ran the Telerik update wizard because for some reason my web.config was not setup to run RadControls. It modified my web.config. I am not getting the following error:

ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load.

What is going on? Can someone please help me unscrew my project...

Thanks,
Duncan
Duncan
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
3 answers
233 views
Hi Telerik,

I am trying to figure out if I have something wrong with my architecture, or if I am just in need of a quick fix.

I have the following on my page:

<csw:UploadDashboardRadWindow ID="UploadDashboardWindow" Runat="Server">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <div ID="UploadDashboardDecorationZone">
            <fieldset id="UploadDashboard">
                <legend>Upload Dashboard</legend>
                <telerik:RadUpload ID="UploadDashboardSelector" Runat="server" Width="235px" AllowedFileExtensions=".xml"  MaxFileInputsCount="1" ControlObjectsVisibility="None" />
            </fieldset>       
            <div class="BottomButton">
                <telerik:RadButton ID="SubmitUploadDashboardButton" Runat="Server" Text="Upload" OnClientClicked="CloseUploadDashboard" /> 
            </div>
        </div>
    </ContentTemplate>
</csw:UploadDashboardRadWindow>

and the following server-side code:

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    if (Request.Files.Count > 0) HandleUploadedFile();
}

HandleUploadedFiles() works perfectly fine, but I am left with my Request's HTTPMethod set to POST and not GET. This means that if the user tries to refresh my Web Application they are prompted with a confirm form resubmission alert.

Previously, I had fixed this with the following:

Page.Response.Redirect(Page.Request.Url.ToString(), true);

But new additions to my code makes this a non-acceptable solution. Namely, I have implemented Start Edit / Cancel Edit / Save Changes -- and refreshing the page is analogous to 'Cancel Edit.' As such, refreshing via code isn't a possibility.

Could you show me how to parse an uploaded file while keeping the RadWindow wrapped in an update panel? Whenever I try to do it, Request.Files.Count is 0. 

Thanks

Peter Filipov
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
5 answers
330 views

I have a TreeList with a popup EditForm Template. I would like to be able to enable/disable some of the controls based on the user’s input. Is there a way to put client script in the EditForm Template to control their state?

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
134 views
Is Telerik by any chance working on a built-in merged columns functionality? The existing suggested work-arounds are ok, but it forces you to use a TemplateColumn, thus losing the benefits of the many strongly-typed columns Telerik has created and it also doesn't work in various scenarios (such as with frozen columns). I'm sure it is more complicated than simply adding a new "item" type above the header item, but this functionality really only consists of grapical representation of spanned columns. Ideally, each column might have a "ColumnGroup" property which defines which columns are grouped together. Or, it might be even more logical for telerik to create a "ColumnGroups collection under the mastertableView like so...

<MasterTableView>
    <ColumnGroup  UniqueName="Something" Header Text="Whatever" Tooltip="Something Cool">
        <Columns>
            <Column....
        </Columns>
    </ColumnGroup>
    <ColumnGroup  UniqueName="SomethingElse" Header Text="Whatever Else">
        <Columns>
            <Column....
        </Columns>
    </ColumnGroup>
</MasterTableView>
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
4 answers
293 views
Hi, I wasn't sure where to put this suggestion/request but would it be possible for you to add a static "cast()" method to your client side javascript classes?

I know Visual Studio SP1 has had some work done to improve the javascript intellisense but currently there is a common scenario where intellisense fails and could so easily be fixed.

The scenario is where you have a client side event handler, for example:

...
var win = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow(parent);
win.initialize();
...
win.add_close(function(sender, e)
    {
        // No intellisense on "sender" or "e".
    }
);

What would be useful is if the handler could be written like this:

win.add_close(function(sender, e)
    {
        sender = Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow.cast(sender);
        e = Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindowEventArgs.cast(e);

        // Intellisense is now fully enabled on "sender" and "e"
        sender.dispose();
    }
);

The actual code you would need to add to your classes would be like this:

Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow.cast = function(obj)
{///<returns type="Telerik.Web.UI.RadWindow"/>
    return obj;
}

I hope that makes sense and I'm sure it would be very useful to any developers dealing with an increasingly complex client side API.

Many thanks

Kevin
teeberryu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
1 answer
233 views
Hi,

I would like to use a Rad Splitter to show and hide the Command Item Template.

The functionality would be sililar to this example:
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/controls/examples/integration/gridandsplitterresizing/defaultcs.aspx?product=splitter

Please advise if this is possible.


Thanks in advance,

Ryan
Dobromir
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?