Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
268 views
HI,

I have a Radgrid(ASP.NET Ajax) with MasterTable and DetailTables.
I have given CommandItemTemplate in MasterTableView. Below is just the part of my code.

 

<telerik:RadGrid runat="server" ID="rgSurvey" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowStatusBar="true"

 

 

AllowAutomaticInserts="false" Skin="Outlook" OnItemCommand="rgSurvey_ItemCommand"

 

 

OnPreRender="rgSurvey_PreRender">

 

 

<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="SurveyID" SkinID="Outlook" Width="100%" CommandItemDisplay="Top"

 

 

Name="Survey">
<DetailTables>

 

 

<telerik:GridRelationFields DetailKeyField="SurveyID" MasterKeyField="SurveyID" />

 

 

</ParentTableRelation>

 

 

<CommandItemTemplate>

 

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="lnkAddstaff" runat="server" Text="Add Staff to Survey" CommandName="Popup"></asp:LinkButton>

 

 

</CommandItemTemplate>

 

</telerik:GridTableView>

 

 

</DetailTables>

 

 

<CommandItemTemplate>

 

 

<asp:LinkButton ID="lnkAdd" runat="server" Text="ADD" CommandName="Insert"></asp:LinkButton>

 

 

</CommandItemTemplate>


The CommandItemTemplate [CommandName="Insert"] inside the MAsterTableView is not working.. But the CommandItemTemplate inside DetailTables is working. Not sure why this is happening.

We have a asp.net Master page and Content page(Default.aspx). When using the RadGrid without a master page its working fine.
Are they any known issues when using RadGrid and MAsterTableView inside an asp.net Content page?

Regards,
Dayanithy

 

Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
2 answers
102 views
I am checking the e.Text value (RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs) in the ItemsRequested handler for a RadComboBox.  If I type in one or more characters, it works fine.  As I delete them, it works fine.  Once I delete the last character, however, the e.Text property retains the last character entered.

For example:
Enter "s" -> e.Text = "s"
Enter "sm" -> e.Text = "sm"
Delete "m" ->e.Text = "s"
Delete "s" (textbox is empty) -> e.Text still = "s"
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
1 answer
54 views
I have a grid in which I will dynamically create a column with a fixed drop down list. I dont have a datasource so how do I create a GridDropDownColumn
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
1 answer
99 views
After upgrading to a newer version, 2010.2.929.40, we are seeing the color of the text in the empty text color being rendered as black instead of gray.  Is there a workaround or fix for this?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
3 answers
122 views
How can i change the background color of the combobox dropdown?
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
1 answer
69 views
i have a radgrid with skin black.When user selects the row I want to change the color of the text.How is that possible?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
1 answer
82 views
Does treelist supports drag and drop functionality?
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
2 answers
1.0K+ views
Hello,

I have a RadComboBox. The data comes from MsSql.
I want to take selectedvalue when the selectedindexchanged, but the value equal null.

My RadComboBox
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox1" runat="server" Width="350px"
     EnableLoadOnDemand="True" onitemsrequested="RadComboBox1_ItemsRequested"
     onselectedindexchanged="RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged"
     ExpandDirection="Up" AutoPostBack="True" AppendDataBoundItems="True">
</telerik:RadComboBox>

ItemsRequested
protected void RadComboBox1_ItemsRequested(object o, Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e)
        
 {
            Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox combo = (Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBox)o;
 
            SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter("SELECT iladi from iller WHERE iladi LIKE '" + e.Text + "%'", MyConnection);
 
            DataTable dt = new DataTable();
            da.Fill(dt);
 foreach (DataRow row in dt.Rows)
            {
             Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItem item = new Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxItem(row["iladi"].ToString());
 
             combo.Items.Add(item);
            }
        }

SelectedIndexChanged value equal null but when I select a value from radcombobox  RadComboBox1.SelectedValue must equal selected.


protected void RadComboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, Telerik.Web.UI.RadComboBoxSelectedIndexChangedEventArgs e)
        {
            //Label1.Text = RadComboBox1.SelectedItem.ToString();
            Label1.Text = RadComboBox1.SelectedValue.ToString();
        }
Emre
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
2 answers
128 views
Hi,

I am using the scheduler as an appointment manager in day view only with multiple resources.

Is it possible to not show the (simple) text box but rather insert (in my example their username) directly on double click?

Cheers,

Jon

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Nov 2011
2 answers
126 views
Hi
With you build in provider for radScheduler, what technology is used to optimize perfomance with large databaseses.
Example: I have implimented radscheduler for a NPO organization with 400 branches. each branch enter their events, but can also see other branches event. (Permissions handled by me). Public can see all which ever branches they select. (All branches in a region etc).In one year, a brach could have 100-200 events. (That is 100 x 400 events (40000) events per year. After 3 years the events table will be big. What can be done MORE, to save on database, web and network utilization? (Not only for performance, but also for appearance, I already prevent users from selecting more than 15 branches at a time, so my SQL command already limit this to 15 x 400 x years.

I can not delete historical events, because of other database relations (courses and historical course rsvps are connected to the eventid in my db, and those historical information is used all the time)

1. If you look at a month, week of timeline view, what memory is alllocated on th server (only the date range, or everything in memory)
2. How much is in sessions memory? etc.

Do you think it is advisable to tailor my SQL statements to just fetch data within a certain date range?
Guss
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
 answered on 15 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?