Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
290 views
Hw to sort date in radgrid, the following doesn't work

<

 

 

telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="Suspension" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yyyy}" DataType="System.DateTime" HeaderText="Suspension"

 

 

 

SortExpression="Suspension" UniqueName="Suspension">

 

 

 

</telerik:GridBoundColumn>

 

Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Nov 2011
1 answer
186 views
Hi I am stuck on something which is frustrating mehopefully someone can help me out here, I have a Telerik grid with an Edit popup form. I have enabled automatic updates and inserts. For some reason the update on the page works but when I try to do an Insert
the button just stays there and does nothing. It does not go into the object data source Inserting event in the codebehind??  I dont understand what could be causing this, I thought initially it might be a client side function or even validation and i took them off still nothing. The update works fine but nothing happens when I click on insert.  I tried the "UseSubmitBehaviour" set to false as well since im not submitting client side. Can someone give me an idea what could be causing this, Here is what the submit button looks like, I am using it similarly on all the other pages and its working fine. Thanks looking forward to some guidance!

<asp:Button ID="BtnSubmit" UseSubmitBehavior="false" CausesValidation="true" Text='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "Insert" : "Update" %>' runat="server" CommandName='<%# (Container is GridEditFormInsertItem) ? "PerformInsert" : "Update" %>' ></asp:Button>
<asp:Button ID="BtnCancel"  Text="Cancel" runat="server" CausesValidation="false" CommandName="Cancel" ></asp:Button>
Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Nov 2011
3 answers
175 views
Hi,

         We are trying to update one grid and user control by radbutton which is ajaxfied.Please find my code below.

Button :
=========

 

 

<telerik:RadButton ID="btnResumeSuspend" runat="server" OnClick="btnResumeSuspend_Click">

 

 

 

</telerik:RadButton>

 


User control :This control will be called and updated  in button btnResumeSuspend_Click event.
=====================================================================================

<

 

 

NISP:MessageControl ID="lblMessageUserControl" runat="server" EnableViewState="true" />

btnResumeSuspend_Click event:
================================

 

lblMessageUserControl.DisplayMessage(

 

false, "Test");

Ajax code:
=========

 

 

 

RadAjaxManager manager = RadAjaxManager.GetCurrent(Page);

 

manager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(manager, btnResumeSuspend);
manager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(btnResumeSuspend, lblMessageUserControl);

Here , after button click event, the lblMessageUserControl is not updated and not showing the message.
Please reply as soon as early

Thanks,
Priya

 

Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 19 Nov 2011
4 answers
116 views
  Hi,
     I have a grid. Within the grid, I am using a usercontrol for an edit/insert form. In this form, there is a drop down that comes from yet another usercontrol. Inside this second usercontrol I have a radtooltip that I am using for the user to input a name.
   The problem is that when the radtooltip is called I get this javascript error message ... 
   this._popupelement is null or not an object. 
  The interesting thing is that this happens in IE7, but in FF, the radtooltip displays for a second or two, then disappears and the grid
suddenly gets scroll bars.
  Any advice on what I might need to look at ?
 thanks for your time.  
WombatEd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 19 Nov 2011
2 answers
149 views
I have a page that appears in a RadWindow.

The page contains a RadMultiPage control and one of the PageViews includes a RadAsyncUpload control.

Each time the page does an Ajax callback I'm seeing several calls to RadUploadProgressHandler.ashx.

Questions:
  1. Is that normal?
  2. Can I limit the number or requests?

In almost every case when I've been testing, I've not even had to both uploading anything or even visit the PageView that has the Upload control on it.

--
Stuart

Stuart Hemming
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Nov 2011
7 answers
141 views
I have a RadGrid that I'm using self-referencing hierarchy and row reordering.  I would like an example of how to trap whether a parent row is being dropped as a child of itself.

For tree view, I use something like:

if(sourceNode.Equals(destNode) || sourceNode.IsAncestorOf(destinationNode))
return;


Max McKinney
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2011
0 answers
99 views
Hi,

I am facing the following problem on RadComboBox. Scenario is as below:

1. We generate radcombobox within grid, other custom container models and independently.
2. In our earlier fix we used to have RadComboBox along with external call back page which is the streamer page and following is the definition:
RadComboBox m_combo = new RadComboBox();
m_combo.ID                      = string.Empty;
m_combo.SkinID                  = TEXT_SKIN_ID;
m_combo.EnableViewState         = false;
m_combo.ExternalCallBackPage    = "~/ComboBoxStreamerPage.aspx";


and in streamer page oninit event we have following code

RadComboBox comboBox = new RadComboBox();
            comboBox.ID = Request.QueryString["rcbServerID"];
            comboBox.EnableLoadOnDemand = true;
            comboBox.ShowMoreResultsBox = true;
            comboBox.EnableVirtualScrolling = true;
            comboBox.EnableItemCaching = true;

This was working fine unless we upgraded telerik and no longer using external call back page instead using a web service.

My problem is I can't give a static id to combo since it will give me same IDs exception if added on same page multiple times. I also can't give new GuidID because it is giving me some other problems.

Please suggest me what should be the RadComboBox ID instead of string.Empty because now there is no external call back page.


Thanks,
Ifthekhar

Mirza Ifthekhar
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 18 Nov 2011
2 answers
110 views
Hi,

Is it possible to put the Checkboxes to the far right of node , at the end of the node, so each checkbox will be align with the others ?

Thank you

Carl Tremblay
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2011
1 answer
225 views
I have a table within a repeater. Sometimes within my table, the cells have extra space between them. It is very random. I have set table width, colgroup for the table, and colspan for each td. Most everything comes out correctly except for a few random cells that get pushed to the right showing blank space in the table. I am using the same code for different data, and sometimes it comes out fine, sometimes it adds the space. I have attached "tableinrepeater.png" that shows an example of this. The other files show a bit of code and style.
R
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Nov 2011
6 answers
610 views
Hi Gurus,

I have a requirement that ensures i bind the grid @ the client side. So I did that using webservice. I have a bunch of images & hyperlinks in the grid. So when I use the onRowDataBound event & display all the images & the hyperlinks (the hyperlink & image tag are put in the itemtemplate), it initially displays the grid in the attached manner. It then takes a 3-4 secs to load the images. Building the image url & the hyperlink url is done in the  onRowDataBound in JS. I know this is obviously slow. 

So i wanted to call the onRowDataBound using the JQuery in the document.ready & populate build all the URLs using JQuery which I think could be faster than the regular JS. I started doing this in the following way:

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
 
            $telerik.$(document).ready(function() {
                alert("Document is ready");
                $('.rgMU').onRowDataBound(function rgMU_RowDataBound1());
            });
 
            function rgMU_RowDataBound1(e) {
                debugger;
                var row = e.row;
                var dataItem = e.dataItem;
                alert("IN the event");
            }
</script>

BUt for some reason, the event never fires up. So once the event fired up, how do I populate the URLs (the URL for each row is coming from the DB). So it should be part of "args.get_item().findElement("Img1URL");" but how do I bind this with the JQuery.

Can someone gimme an example?

Thanks
Bobbie

Jayesh Goyani
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 18 Nov 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?