Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
14 answers
448 views
Is there any way to prevent the postback when expanding a node?  It seems like this should be unnecessary once the control is data-bound.  Thanks.
Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2015
1 answer
120 views

Hello Telerik,

We are using Telerik.Web.UI version 2014.3.1209.45 and we have noticed that our RadAjaxLoadingPanels are not animating in IE but they are in Firefox and Chrome. I have emulated IE versions 8-11 and it's the same. Is this a bug with this version of Telerik or am I doing something wrong?

I have attached a sample project where the problem is present my end. 

Thanks

 

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2015
3 answers
210 views
Hello,

I'm looking at some code that uses the RadGrid1.MasterTableView.ExportToExcel()
type command. It sends the grid to excel just fine. However, when my client wants to save the excel file, it defaults as a web page rather than xls format. Looking at the documentation on this, my hunch is that its because the function really is sending html to excel, rather than a native xls format. Is this assumption correct?

The grid comes up in excel just as needed.
My main question is there a way to have the default excel function save the file as an xls? That is, when the user clicks "save as" in excel, it defaults to web page.  I know that all the user would have to do is click file type as xls in excel. However, there are many users, and sometimes this step is overlooked which then results in a missing document in their process. If the data given to excel in a way that it would know it's "save-as" default should be xls. I didn't know if xml/csv would solve this problem or have similar side affects.

I should point out that I'm not doing much editing of the grid before sending it to the ExportToExcel(). Only setting blank columns' visual=false.

I should point out this is on IE8, and I'm coding in C#

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Kostadin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2015
6 answers
336 views
Hi,
I'm trying to use for the first time Rad Scheduler and " can't understand  how modify the hedear bar.  In first header bar I'd like to have just the name of the month in the second row the number of the day (to_be.png). At the moment the date format in two bars is the same (as_is.png).

I mean that I should change something in this instaction, but I didn't find the right way
 <TimelineView UserSelectable="true" GroupBy="" GroupingDirection="Vertical" HeaderDateFormat="dd">

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Paolo
Plamen
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2015
3 answers
117 views

Hello,

I am following this example of Combobox in Radgrid.

I am having a problem with this part of the code behind: WHERE CompanyName LIKE @CompanyName + '%'"

protected void RadComboBox1_ItemsRequested(object sender, RadComboBoxItemsRequestedEventArgs e)
        {
            string sql = "SELECT [SupplierID], [CompanyName], [ContactName], [City] FROM [Suppliers]  WHERE CompanyName LIKE @CompanyName + '%'";
            SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter(sql,
                ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["NorthwindConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
            adapter.SelectCommand.Parameters.AddWithValue("@CompanyName", e.Text);

I use Mysql and not Sql Server, and it seems that it does not accept + '%'"

How can I replace that to state "contains"?

Thank you

Christophe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 May 2015
2 answers
88 views

Hello,

I am using RadHtmlChart with asp.net and I am running into a format issue where 4 vertical grid lines are repeating outside of the chart. I set the width of the chart to 1000px but it continues past this limit and outside of my div containers and panel. Has anyone happened upon this error before? I attached a picture for reference.

Bethany
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2015
6 answers
194 views

Hello,

I have a radgrid binded by sql.

What I am trying to implement is a 3rd linkbutton (in addition of Insert and Cancel) triggering consecutively PerformInsert command (to insert new item) and InitInsert (not to have to click again on "Add new".

Anyone got an idea?

Christophe
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2015
7 answers
357 views
Hi All..
I am using Frozen Column Property of the Grid..
Its working fine but there is a Issue that is when i use scroll it shows one Extra Blank Column at the End of the Columns.

I have used the Folling Setting.

<ClientSettings EnableRowHoverStyle="true">
            <ClientEvents OnGridCreated="GetGridObject"></ClientEvents>
            <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
            <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" UseStaticHeaders="true" FrozenColumnsCount="3" ScrollHeight="" />
</ClientSettings>

I have attached the Image in that the last Column after the Sent Email.. That is the Problem For me. In this Image the Red Circled column is the Issue..

Please suggest some solution for this problem.

Thanks in Advance..
Pavlina
Telerik team
 answered on 15 May 2015
2 answers
370 views

Hi all,

 I've been kinda pulling my hair out over this one, I'm trying to get Wizard validation working and I don't know if its just something in my project or what, but no matter what I do, they will not fire.  I've gone as far as copying the example from the Wizard Validation article (http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/wizard-validation.html) and it still will not fire.

Am I missing something? Maybe some project level setting? Like I said, I feel like I'm taking crazy pills :P Thanks in advance! 

 

My entire test page, the validation does not fire:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<head runat="server">
    <title>Telerik ASP.NET Example</title>
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1" />
        <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="RadSkinManager1" runat="server" ShowChooser="true" />
        <div>
            <telerik:RadWizard ID="RadWizard6" runat="server">
                <WizardSteps>
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep ID="RadWizardStep1" CausesValidation="true" Title="Personal Info" runat="server" StepType="Step" ValidationGroup="personalInfo">
                        <div class="inputWapper first">
                            <asp:Label ID="Label3" Text="First Name: *" runat="server" AssociatedControlID="FirstNameTextBox" />
                            <telerik:RadTextBox ID="FirstNameTextBox" runat="server" ValidationGroup="personalInfo" Width="320px"></telerik:RadTextBox>
                            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="FirstNameRequiredFieldValidator" runat="server" ControlToValidate="FirstNameTextBox" EnableClientScript="true" ValidationGroup="personalInfo" ErrorMessage="required field" CssClass="validator" ForeColor="Red"></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
                        </div>
                    </telerik:RadWizardStep>
                    <telerik:RadWizardStep Title="SecondStep">
                        <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
                    </telerik:RadWizardStep>
                </WizardSteps>
            </telerik:RadWizard>
        </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Jeff
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2015
3 answers
209 views

I have a radgrid with command buttons to edit items or insert new items.  When editing items, my edit form template has several checkboxes.  I bind the "checked" attribute of these checkboxes to bits in the database to see if they should be checked when the form loads, like so:

 This works just fine when editing, but it doesn't work when inserting a new item since it's a new item and there is no database value to bind to.  So I found code that lets you specify if it is and insert item or not.  The problem is I can't figure out how to do a database bind when using it.  I need something like this:

 when I try this I get the follwing error:

Error 24 The name 'Bind' does not exist in the current context 

I have to believe this is possible, my context is just wrong.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?


​

Kevin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 15 May 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?