Telerik Forums
UI for ASP.NET AJAX Forum
1 answer
282 views

I would like to have a button with arrow image inside AutoCompleteBox (this control will be created in code behind), so after pressing it the dropdownlist with current text matching items would show up (if no text is present, then the first X number of items). I have the control already made in Winforms (using your Winforms components, attachment shows the winform's control look), so I was wondering if the same can be made in ASP.NET?

 

(btw: if you want to see the code of my Winform's control then you can see in this thread: https://www.telerik.com/forums/click-event-not-firing-for-autocompletesuggesthelper-popup-of-raddropdownlist )

Doncho
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2021
1 answer
896 views

Does the library "Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX" vulnerable toi the Log4j issue?

On specific, we use:

Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX design time  - Telerik.Web.Design - Telerik.Web.Design.dll - 2020.2.617.45
Telerik Device Detection for ASP.NET Ajax - Telerik.Web.Device.Detection - 2020.2.617.45 - Telerik.Web.Device.Detection.dll
ProgressĀ® TelerikĀ® UI for ASP.NET AJAX - Telerik.Web.UI - 2020.2.617.45 - Telerik.Web.UI.dll
Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX Ajax Skins - Telerik.Web.UI.Skins - 2020.2.617.45 - Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.dll

 

 

 

 

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2021
1 answer
612 views
as far as I understand the tab colors are dictated by an image and can't be changed using css alone, you'll need to change the image, so how would I for example change it from the default black to a blue?
Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2021
1 answer
172 views

Hiya,

I have a grid with a template column that contains a RadColorPicker. I would like to read the color values in a postback.  However, using the code below, I'm only getting the values from the original data source.

ASPX:

<telerik:RadGrid ID="grdUser" runat="server" AllowMultiRowSelection="true" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowStatusBar="true"
            AllowSorting="True" AllowFilteringByColumn="true"
            OnItemDataBound="grdUser_ItemDataBound">
            <MasterTableView DataKeyNames="UserId, UserName, HexCode" CommandItemDisplay="None">
                <Columns>
                    <telerik:GridClientSelectColumn UniqueName="ClientSelectColumn" HeaderStyle-Width="40px"/>

                    <telerik:GridBoundColumn UniqueName="UserName" HeaderText="Name" DataField="UserName" /> 

                    <telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="HexCode" HeaderText="Route Colour" UniqueName="HexCode">
                        <EditItemTemplate>
                            <telerik:RadColorPicker ID="editColor" runat="server" SelectedColor='<%# Bind("HexCode") %>' />
                        </EditItemTemplate>
                         <ItemTemplate> 
                             <telerik:RadColorPicker id="RadColorPicker1" runat="server" ShowIcon="true" /> 
                         </ItemTemplate>
                    </telerik:GridTemplateColumn>
                </Columns>
            </MasterTableView>
            <ClientSettings>
                <Selecting AllowRowSelect="true" />
                <Scrolling AllowScroll="True" UseStaticHeaders="True" />
            </ClientSettings>
        </telerik:RadGrid>

        <telerik:RadButton ID="btnGo" runat="server" Text="Go"  />

C#:

 protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
        if (!this.IsPostBack)
        {
            DataTable dataTable = new DataTable();
            dataTable.Columns.Add("UserId", typeof(long));
            dataTable.Columns.Add("UserName", typeof(string));
            dataTable.Columns.Add("HexCode", typeof(string));

            dataTable.Rows.Add(1, "Bob", "#2E8B57");
            dataTable.Rows.Add(2, "Tim", "#BA55D3");
            dataTable.Rows.Add(3, "Jim", "#FF8C00");
            dataTable.Rows.Add(4, "Rob", "#4682B4");
            dataTable.Rows.Add(5, "Dan", "#B22222");

            grdUser.DataSource = dataTable;
            grdUser.DataBind();
        }
        else
        {
            foreach (Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataItem user in grdUser.SelectedItems)
            {
                // Read new color values from the grid.
                string alteredColor = grdUser.MasterTableView.DataKeyValues[user.ItemIndex]["HexCode"].ToString();
            }
        }
    }

    protected void grdUser_ItemDataBound(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)
    {
        GridDataItem item = e.Item as GridDataItem;

        if (item != null)
        {
            RadColorPicker rcpDeviceColour = e.Item.FindControl("RadColorPicker1") as RadColorPicker;

            if (rcpDeviceColour != null)
            {
                string hexCode = item.GetDataKeyValue("HexCode").ToString();
                rcpDeviceColour.SelectedColor = System.Drawing.ColorTranslator.FromHtml(hexCode);
            }
        }
    }

How do I read the updated color values in the grid during a postback?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Matthew
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 13 Dec 2021
1 answer
226 views

My current version  - Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2021.1.330.45

I am using RadComboBox control and property EnableCheckAllItemsCheckBox="true". Therefore "Check All" feature enabled.

And other properties are as below

            EnableLoadOnDemand = true;
            ShowToggleImage = true; 
            ShowDropDownOnTextboxClick = true;
            ShowMoreResultsBox = true;
            ItemsPerRequest = 10;
            EnableVirtualScrolling = true;

steps are as follows.

1.  check "Check All" checkbox. Then first loaded 10 records got checked.

2. Then loaded another set of items clicking arrow icon at the bottom of the record list.

3. Loaded next 10 records and now all together showing 20 records. At this stage all checkboxes are unchecked but still "Check All" checkbox        is checked.

4. Unchecked "Check All" check box and and checked again. Now it is checked only last loaded 10 records only instead of 20 records.

I tried to resolve this by following code. But not luck.

Highly appreciate your quick response since this is urgent for me.

Thank You,

Chandi  

 

Attila Antal
Telerik team
 updated answer on 13 Dec 2021
1 answer
196 views

Hello!

I want to be able to edit a radgrid cell in place. When doing as the documentation suggests Telerik Web Forms In Place - RadGrid | Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX I encounter an issue. When editing a field and your at the bottom of the page it resets and scrolls back to the top of the page.

Is there any way to do this without updating the page or have it stay on the page where you want to edit?

 

Thanks in advance

Doncho
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2021
1 answer
339 views

Hello,

To provide a bit of background, I have a page which refreshes it's data every two seconds but doesn't actually visibly refresh (By using a RadAjaxPanel). I'd like to click a button on a data row and populate the data from that row into a RadWindow (Like an edit dialog), and also have additional buttons in that dialog for various operations.

I have a RadWindow and code attached to a button which should set the RadWindow to be visible, however the RadWindow does not appear.

Example Code:

In Example.aspx -

<telerik:RadAjaxPanel ID="RadAjaxPanel1" runat="server" Style="width: 100%">

//////Some MasterTableViews and RadGrids with various data here with buttons to pop up an edit dialog////

</telerik:RadAjaxPanel>

<telerik:radwindow runat="server" id="RadWindow1" Visible="False">
    <ContentTemplate>
        <asp:UpdatePanel ID="Updatepanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">
            <ContentTemplate>
                <asp:Label ID="Label1" Text="I am an example" runat="server" />
            </ContentTemplate>
        </asp:UpdatePanel>
    </ContentTemplate>
</telerik:radwindow>

In Example.aspx.cs

   protected void RadGrid_ItemCommand(object sender, GridCommandEventArgs e)
    {

         this.RadWindow1.Visible= true;

}

 

When I click the button in the RadGrid to set the RadWindow to be visible, the .cs code executes but the RadWindow does not appear on the page.

 

Any help will be much appreciated.

 

Thanks,

 

Jack

Attila Antal
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2021
0 answers
230 views
Hello, I used a RadScheduler in timeline view in my ASP.NET project to manage the work schedule of employees. The problem is that the rows are way too tall : 


Ideally, the height of the rows would be the same height as the activities in it but I can't find how to resize them.

Thanks, LoĆÆc.
loic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 13 Dec 2021
0 answers
119 views

when i try use 2  Horizontal mode timeline  in one page 

first timeline i can click renders buttons to navigate between periods

but second timeline buttons don't work

is there any solution to solve it ?

 

YU REN
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Dec 2021
0 answers
125 views

In Old Telerik Version, RangeValidator  triggers server side validation on Keypress.

But, in the latest Telerik version RangeValidator  triggers server side validation on Lostfocus (onBlur).

My Requirement is to trigger server side validation on KeyPress

Can you guide me how I can accomplish this with the latest Telerik Version. 

This is the current code:

                                RangeValidator rng = new RangeValidator();
rng.ControlToValidate = sControlID;
rng.CssClass = "val";
rng.Display = ValidatorDisplay.Dynamic;
rng.EnableClientScript = true;
rng.ErrorMessage = RangeErrorMessage;
rng.MaximumValue = RangeMaxVal;
rng.MinimumValue = RangeMinVal;
rng.EnableClientScript = true;//Add the validator
TextControl.Parent.Controls.Add(rng);
Page.Validators.Add(rng);

 

Thanks in Advance.

Dinesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 10 Dec 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?