This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Appointment Width

3 Answers 116 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Corey Alguire
Top achievements
Rank 1
Corey Alguire asked on 27 Jun 2008, 11:03 AM
I have been searching the forums and kb for a way to change the appearance of appointments in Day and Week views. So far, I have seen a good bit on changing height, and read the following kb article on affecting cells (http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/article/b454K-met-b454T-cgm-b454c-cgm.aspx), but I have not quite found what I am looking for.

In all parts of the Scheduler except during the timeslots for Day and Week, appointments render up to 100% width. However, based on how many appointments appear during a given timeslot, appointment width varies. This is great except for one minor problem- it would appear that no matter how many or few appointments there are, they fill only 90% width in the timeslot. I am probably overlooking something obvious here, but can anyone give me a pointer on how to fill these timeslots without leaving that 10% blank gap to the right of the appointments? 

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2008, 08:48 AM
Hi Corey,

This 10% gap is intentionally left there, so the users can insert appointments when the slot is already occupied. So, removing it altogether will cripple this functionality. We agree that this might be desirable in some cases (say a read-only schedule), so we will introduce a property to control this behavior. We should be able to do so in time for the Q2 release. Thank you for bringing this issue up.

All the best,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
0
Frederic Latour
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2008, 01:53 PM
Hello,

I was able to correct this behaviour. I know it's a weird method, and it's not very clean...
In my case, there's only one appointment by room, so I wanted to use all free space.

To do so, in the AppointmentCreated event, I added (C#) :

((

WebControl) e.Container.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent).Width = new Unit(100, UnitType.Percentage);

It works on IE7 and Firefox 2. Well, I've seen that Q2 is released tomorrow, you may not need that, but still.
0
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2008, 05:39 AM
Hello Frederic,

We have included this feature in the Q2 release - the appointments will expand to fill the entire width when in read-only mode. The release will be out in a couple of hours.

Regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Corey Alguire
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
Frederic Latour
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or