This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

AdvancedFormTemplate and ... does not exist in current context errors.

6 Answers 75 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
GrZeCh asked on 30 Oct 2008, 11:15 AM
Hello!

I'm using Q3 beta controls and after including files from

Live Demos\Scheduler\Examples\AdvancedFormTemplate\DefaultTemplates

to my webproject I'm having a lot (275) of errors: "... does not exist in current context". Where I've made mistake?

Thanks in advance

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Accepted
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 12:23 PM
Hello GrZeCh,

I experienced the same problem while I was testing the new user controls for the advanced template example. I later found out that this is because the user controls are created for a web site, not for a web application.  To fix the problem, sipmpy select the user controls, right-click on them and choose the "Convert to web application" option from the popup menu. (see attached screenshot).


Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
0
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 12:31 PM
All files except SchedulerDefaultForm has converted. When I try to convert SchedulerDefaultForm I'm having this error:

The type or namespace name 'SchedulerDefaultForm' does not exist in the namespace 'SchedulerTemplatesCS' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

EDIT: Sorry. Mentioned errors is throwed by another file. During conversion of SchedulerDefaultForm I'm having this error:

Generation of designer file failed: Type 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' does not have a public property named 'Content'. 

0
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 12:41 PM

I am not sure why you experince this problem, but you can try creating a new user control and use the code from SchedulerDefaultForm. Then delete the original user control and rename the new user control to SchedulerDefaultForm. I hope this helps.



Best wishes,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
0
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 12:48 PM
I found solution for my problem. From SchedulerDefaultForm I've removed:

<scheduler:ScriptBlock runat="server" ID="ScriptBlock1"
    <Content> 
        <script type="text/javascript">  
        //<![CDATA[
            (function(){
                var advancedTemplate;
                var appLoadHandler = function()
                {
                    advancedTemplate = new window.SchedulerAdvancedTemplate("<%= Owner.ClientID %>");
                    advancedTemplate.initialize();
                    Sys.Application.remove_load(appLoadHandler);
                }
                Sys.Application.add_load(appLoadHandler);
            })();
        //]]> 
        </script> 
    </Content> 
</scheduler:ScriptBlock> 

then converted to web application and after conversion I've added removed part of file again. No more errors :)



0
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 01:02 PM


Great! Thanks for posting your solution. I will take a note of this and include it in the documentation.


Regards,
Peter
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
0
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 30 Oct 2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Peter
Telerik team
GrZeCh
Top achievements
Rank 2
Share this question
or