This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Adding new telerik report in VS2012 sharepoint project Error

3 Answers 70 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abhay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Abhay asked on 20 Aug 2012, 10:41 AM

Hi,

Using Visual Studio 2012 RC,  I added new  sharepoint 2010 Project & try to add  New Reporting item  (Show in screen shot)

It shows me following error message:-

Error loading workflow

An error occured while loading the workflow. Please correct the following error and try reloading the document to view the workflow.

the designer could not be shown for this file because none of the classes within it can be designed. The designer inspected the following classes in the file: Report1. The base class Report1 for the class needs to be an Activity.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi, 
you can add the reports in a class library and then reference the class library in the sharepoint project.
SN
Shevaga
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2013, 01:06 PM
It's not work. I installed Visual Studio 2012 Support and i see in Telerik Reporting folder assebly with 4.0 runtime. Thas assebly not working with 2.0 sharepoint runtime.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2013, 03:22 PM
Hi everyone,

We do not support Express or RC versions of Visual Studio. Also as of Q2 2013 Telerik Reporting is built against .NET4. For more details take a look at our Telerik Reporting System Requirements page.

The last official version supporting earlier frameworks is Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 SP1 version 7.0.13.426, which can be used with SharePoint 2010. Other option is to use the Silverlight ReportViewer in SP2010 and host the web part outside SP2010 environment.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

New HTML5/JS REPORT VIEWER with MOBILE AND TOUCH SUPPORT available in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013! Get the new Reporting version from your account or download a trial.

Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
Abhay
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Squall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shevaga
Top achievements