This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox Auto-Complete Problem

9 Answers 101 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yazan asked on 19 Jul 2013, 07:35 PM
I've been waiting for this problem to be fixed in one of the new releases with no luck.
I have the recent version of Telerik ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2013 With SP1
Here is the problem:
Markup:
<telerik:RadComboBox ID="MyRadCombo" runat="server" Skin="Office2007" MarkFirstMatch="True"
        Width="405px">
     <Items>
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Action Date" Value="Action Date" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Date Seized" Value="Date Seized" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Date Soft" Value="Date Soft" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Dispo Type" Value="Dispo Type" />
        <telerik:RadComboBoxItem runat="server" Text="Dispo Kind" Value="Dispo Kind" />
     </Items>
</telerik:RadComboBox>
Code Behind:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
     if
(!Page.IsPostBack)

MyRadCombo.Focus();
}
Suppose I want to select 'Dispo Type', I would use the keyboard to type 'Dispo Type'. Here is what I get when I type the first letter 'D':

Now, I'm not able to fetch 'Dispo Type' because the auto-complete function already decided to add the letter 'a' without any good reason. So I need to hit backspace twice and then the auto-complete function would work fine. Note that this problem does happen only just after the first postback.

Thank you,

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2013, 07:04 PM
Hello Yazan,

I have increased the property for fixing the issue and we will make our best to fix the issue as soon as possible. Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused by the issue once again.

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2013, 10:51 PM
Thank you for your reply,
I wish you could reply on this post when the issue is fixed (maybe in one of the upcoming SP) in order for me to get notified. Because I'm checking this post every now and then.

Cheers,
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2013, 05:08 AM
Hello,

I have created a public item about the issue that you can follow and vote for it here.

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Oct 2013, 05:54 PM
Same problem. Would like a fix.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2013, 10:26 AM
Hi Chris,

You can vote for the issue and follow its status in our FeedBackPortal here.

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2016, 06:39 PM
Hi Plammen. It's been 3 years since I reported this. When can we expect it to be fixed?
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2016, 08:50 AM
Hello,

I have inspected the issue once again and noticed that it was fixed for Q3 2014 SP1 version of the controls. I have also tested it with the latest version and it worked correctly at my side.

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2016, 03:00 PM
Yes. That's right. The code I posted was a simplified sample that I created on a side. However, the actual code that's breaking on my end does not use:
MyRadCombo.Focus()
. It rather uses:
RadScriptManager1.SetFocus(DDLHelpTopic.ClientID + "_Input").

Another case the problem occurs is when I set the focus from JavaScript. Like so:

window.onload = function () {
       $find($telerik.$("[id$='DDLHelpTopic']").attr("id")).get_inputDomElement().focus();
};

Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2016, 06:19 AM
Hello,

Yes indeed -in such scenarios we recommend using the .Focus() server method of the control in order to focus its input initially. 

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Plamen
Telerik team
Yazan
Top achievements
Rank 1