This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Report in web application

1 Answer 20 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
khandokar
Top achievements
Rank 1
khandokar asked on 07 Jul 2013, 07:33 AM
hi,
My target is to create report at run time.No configuration at design time.I follow the following link
http://www.telerik.com/help/reporting/object-data-source-how-to-bind-to-data-table.html
which is for windows application.I add the same code in a web application project.But the report shows empty.

Why this code is not working in web application?Any suggestion?Please let me know.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jul 2013, 11:09 AM
Hello Sabbir,

The report is empty because it misses the report items which will display the information from your data source. The example you've read illustrates how to attach a data table as a data source to your report, but you still need to prepare a report definition in report designer. For more information check out the Quickstart help articles.

In most cases it would be way harder to do this things at runtime, and that's why we provide the report designer, strongly recommending to design your reports in it. In case you really want to build your reports only at runtime, we suggest you to read the article about the reports structure for more information.

Regards,
Ivan Hristov
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
khandokar
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
Share this question
or