This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

menu always on top

2 Answers 176 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
hesam
Top achievements
Rank 1
hesam asked on 07 May 2013, 12:40 AM
hello
i have problems with radmenu and radcombo box  i dont know why they are always top of other component and other element. here i attached as an example one picture :) here is 2 menu and rad window , window must be on top of other element but it is not ;)
i hope you can help me :)
best regards
hesam

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 May 2013, 04:22 AM
Hi Hesam,

The problem is the RadWindow does not have a high enough z-index to overlay the RadMenu. The solution is either set a lower z-index to the RadMenu or set a bigger z-index to the RadWindow but this will work only in case you are using the RadWindowManager control.

Since the Q1 2008 Release this can be easily achieved by setting the desired z-index in the particular control's style attribute as explained here. As explained in the article, the default z-index of the RadMenu is 7000 and the RadWindow's one (when using RadWindowManager) is 3000.

This being said the necessary settings for the both approaches should be as the following ones:

1.  Set a lower z-index to the RadMenu:

<telerik:radmenu runat="server" id="appMenu"  
        style="z-index:2900">

2. Set a bigger z-index to the RadWindowManager as shown below:

<telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" Style="z-index: 7001"
            <Windows>
                <telerik:RadWindow ID="RadWindow1" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="true" Modal="true"
                </telerik:RadWindow>
            </Windows>
</telerik:RadWindowManager>

Also please note that style="z-index:<some value>" can be set to the RadWindowManager only, not to the RadWindow control itself. This is because the z-index of the different RadWindows is dynamically changed - even if you have a RadWindow with z-index 100, it will be displayed over other RadWindows with higher z-index value, if active.

Thanks,
Princy.
hesam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2013, 04:29 AM
Thanks for your useful answer
thanks i didn't know about it
thanks thanks :) :)
Tags
Menu
Asked by