This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Client Side Filtering

3 Answers 180 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gaurav asked on 07 May 2012, 06:54 AM
hi all,

well i have a question, i am using a telerik RadGrid to bind the data from the server end and i need the filter that data on the client end without hitting the server again i.e. without getting the data back from database.

i know it is possible with using columns and binding the data back with GridBoundColumn but my problem is that i am using ItemTemplate within which i am creating the table to make it look just like my client needs, so is it possible to filter the data in the ItemTemplate without columns(gridboundcolumns).

i hope i make sense out of it.

Thanks in advance, 

waiting for the possible solution asap.

Gaurav Sharma

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 May 2012, 07:27 AM
Hello Gaurav,

Since you are binding the grid from server side , the control will be rebound once the data is filtered and the call to the server will be raised. In order to filter template columns, you can set the DataField property. Here is the sample code.
aspx:
<telerik:GridTemplateColumn DataField="Id" HeaderText="Id">
    <ItemTemplate>
      <%# Eval("Id")%>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:GridTemplateColumn>

Thanks,
Shinu.
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 May 2012, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the reply 

if possible can u plz let me know which javascript function gets executed on client to filter the data so that i can pass the parameters to it to get the req result 

Thanks again 
Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 10 May 2012, 09:53 AM
Hello Gaurav,

Generally, Filtering is a complex grid operation which requires accommodating appropriate database operations when it is performed. Therefore, it  is a more advanced feature that needs binding to your DataSource every time you filter a given column.

It is possible to fire a grid filter command from the client side using the Column's UniqueName. This approach is described and demonstrated with examples in the following article:
Filter Client-Side

Regards,
Eyup
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Shinu
Top achievements
Rank 2
Gaurav
Top achievements