This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Editor Dialog problem

1 Answer 68 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mayank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mayank asked on 27 Jan 2012, 02:07 PM
Hi,
    When I open the dialog Image Manager/HyperLink Manager/ Flash Manager, it gives error "Resource can not found (/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx)" but when I add the handler in web.config file it works fine.
<system.webServer>
  <handlers>
<add name="Telerik_Web_UI_DialogHandler_aspx" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" />
      <add name="Telerik_Web_UI_WebResource_axd" verb="*" preCondition="integratedMode" path="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource" />
</handlers>
</system.webServer>
and  <httpHandlers>
<add path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler" verb="*" validate="false"/>
    </httpHandlers>
but I don't like to add this setting in web.config file so Is another any option available for RadEditor Dialog works properly? Please find the attached screenshot , because when i add this setting in web.config file , there is problem when deploying in shared hosting server.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jan 2012, 02:58 PM
Hello,

Yes, the registration of the dialog handlers in the web.config is mandatory for the RadEditor's dialog to work.

What you can try is to create a physical empty Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx file in the root of the web site and set the DialogHandlerUrl property to point to it.

<telerik:radeditor runat="server" DialogHandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" ...

If this does not work you should register the handlers in the web.config file.

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Mayank
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Share this question
or