502 Error occurred in Azure Web Sites

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ryuta
    Ryuta avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Feb 2014

    Posted 06 Apr 2014 Link to this post


    Now, Web Application is performed on "Azure Web Sites".
    However, when "RadScheduler.ExportToPdf()" is performed, the following errors will occur. 

    「502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.」

    Is this caused by what?


  2. Hristo Valyavicharski
    Hristo Valyavicharski avatar
    975 posts

    Posted 10 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Ryuta,

    Thank you for reporting this. It looks like a bug. I will log it into our internal tracking system for further examination.

    Your Telerik points were updated.

    Hristo Valyavicharski

    Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

  3. michael
    michael avatar
    11 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2016

    Posted 31 May 2017 Link to this post

    Any solution to this yet?
  4. Peter Milchev
    Peter Milchev avatar
    790 posts

    Posted 01 Jun 2017 Link to this post

    Hello Michael,

    The server export of the Scheduler when the page is hosted in Azure is a limitation as described in the PDF Export Overview article. 

    We recommend using the ClientExportManager in such cases. 

    Please find attached a sample project implementing the Scheduler with Client PDF export.

    Peter Milchev
    Progress Telerik
    Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
  5. Akansha
    Akansha avatar
    1 posts
    Member since:
    Apr 2020

    Posted 30 Apr Link to this post

    One day suddenly on azure app I started to get the error 502 web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server on azure web app.
    I did too much research to solve this problem, than I contacted to the support and they given me following solution which works for me.
    “Scale up the application to Medium in order to change the instance where your application is running. Wait some minutes and check again your site The above change will change the worker instance.” 
    I hope this will help to solve the problem





Back to Top