This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Grid Rendering Problem

4 Answers 55 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
dhuss asked on 20 May 2010, 04:16 PM
I have a radGrid that renders the row cells different, depending on if the cell has data. If the cell has data, then an additional line is rendered on the bottom of the cell, spanning the cell width, when the row is highlighted. The cells without any data do not render this line. This happens if enablealternatingitems is true or false, gridlines on/off. Also, the gridlines will NOT render if they are turned on.  This is my base grid code - minus all the columns. I am using Telerik.web.ui.dll version 2010.1.415.35.

<telerik:RadGrid ID="dgServices" runat="server" Width="99%" AutoGenerateColumns="False" 
   CellPadding="0" AllowMultiRowSelection="true" GridLines="Both" ShowFooter="true"  AllowPaging="false">  
   <ClientSettings EnableAlternatingItems="true" EnableRowHoverStyle="true" Selecting-AllowRowSelect="true">  
       <Scrolling AllowScroll="true" /> 
   </ClientSettings> 
   <PagerStyle Mode="NumericPages" /> 
   <HeaderStyle Font-Bold="true" /> 
   <MasterTableView Width="98%" DataKeyNames="ServiceSeq"
 The attached screen shot shows the rendering effect.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 21 May 2010, 06:38 AM
Hello Dennis,

This issue has been discussed. Please refer to:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/grid/border-not-displayed-if-cell-is-empty-in-internet-explorer.aspx

Kind regards,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 May 2010, 09:38 PM
I had the "EmptyDataText" set to "". Once this was removed, the formatting was correct.
Kamal
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 May 2014, 07:28 AM
Hi Team

I need to report an issue. I'm using Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid control in my app. I have some special characters to be rendered in the grid (e.g. ', <, >, \, :, _ etc). When I'm saving these in DB I HTML Encode them. And when rendering back in UI, I HTML Decode them. I found that while HTML Encoding special characters, if there is this combination of characters &# in the encoded string (e.g. for ' [single quote] which becomes &#39;), there is a java script alert message with error "An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500". If I remove this &# in the string from back end then it works fine.

I really need help on this as the special characters are really required in the strings and I cannot go in the entire database remove this &# string combination and thus make the data invalid. Below is more details from the metadata of the control I'm using in my app.

namespace Telerik.Web.UI
{
    [ClientScriptResource("Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid", "Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.RadGridScripts.js")]
    [ControlValueProperty("SelectedValue")]
    [DefaultEvent("NeedDataSource")]
    [DefaultProperty("")]
    [Description("Telerik RadGrid")]
    [Designer("Telerik.Web.Design.RadGridDesigner, Telerik.Web.Design, Version=2012.3.1016.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4")]
    [EmbeddedSkin("Grid")]
    [EmbeddedSkin("Grid", "Default")]
    [TelerikToolboxCategory("Telerik AJAX Data Components")]
    [ToolboxBitmap(typeof(RadGrid), "Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.png")]
    [ToolboxData("<{0}:RadGrid runat=server></{0}:RadGrid>")]
    public class RadGrid : GridBaseDataList, INamingContainer, IPostBackDataHandler, IPostBackEventHandler, IRadFilterableContainer
    {
}

Maria Ilieva
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2014, 08:43 AM
Hello Kamal,

Please review the answer provided in the other forum post you have opened for the same issue:
http://www.telerik.com/forums/problem-in-rendering-special-characters-in-the-cells

Regards,
Maria Ilieva
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Grid
Asked by
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
dhuss
Top achievements
Rank 1