This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadWindow

10 Answers 151 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
srikanth asked on 11 May 2009, 12:24 PM
Hi

I am using Telerik 2009

Can you give me a clear cut example that demonstrates how MinimizeZoneId property works

Thanks
   Srikanth Gn

10 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 12 May 2009, 09:02 AM
Hello Srikanth,

You can find more information about RadWindow's  MinimizeZone below:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/window_behaviorminimizationzones.html

In case you experience problems, please provide more details about your exact scenario and the problem itself. 

All the best,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 May 2009, 08:02 AM
Hi
   I have already gone through this link. But it didnt work for me.

I am using Telerik 2009 edition.Could you please give me a sample code ........

Thanks
  Srikanth Gunnala
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 14 May 2009, 11:01 AM
Hello srikanth,

Here is a simple example of RadWindow's minimize zone usage.
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %> 
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
<head runat="server"
    <title>Untitled Page</title> 
</head> 
<body> 
    <form id="form1" runat="server"
        <telerik:RadScriptManager ID="RadScriptManager1" runat="server"
        </telerik:RadScriptManager> 
        <div id="minimizeZone" style="width: 830px; height: 100px; border: 1px solid red"
            &nbsp; 
        </div> 
        <telerik:RadWindowManager ID="RadWindowManager1" runat="server" MinimizeZoneID="minimizeZone"
        </telerik:RadWindowManager> 
        <button onclick="radopen('http://www.google.com',null); return false;"
            open windows</button> 
    </form> 

Please note however that in general we do not recommend to use MinimizeZone for MDI (I guess this is what you want to achieve). The MinimizeZone feature is kept for backward compatibility (with RadWindow for ASP.NET) only and some problems may occur if you are using it in a complex scenario.
For MDI we would suggest to use RadTabStrip as shown in the following demos:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/default/defaultcs.aspx
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/radwindowandmdi/defaultcs.aspx

Sincerely yours,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Kenneth Mazur
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Oct 2009, 08:24 AM
Georgi Tunev,
I've got the demo from: http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/window/examples/radwindowandmdi/defaultcs.aspx working quite nicely.  I'm add a little complexity into the situation by putting another tabStrip to the left hand side of the area where the RadWindows are displaying, which in turn control their own RadWindows, all opened from the same RadWindowManager.

How do I go about making sure the left hand tabStrip doesn't open up RadWindows from the top tabStrip?
Thanks
Ken
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Oct 2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Kenneth,

I would suggest to declare these windows in RadWIndowManager's Windows collection and to call them by their ID's, e.g.
radopen("myUrl", "MyPredefinedRadWindow");

If you experience problems with this approach, please open a support ticket and send us your implementation so we could check it.

Greetings,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Kenneth Mazur
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2009, 05:12 AM
Thanks Georgi,
I've got new tabs being created on the Parent page from my RadGrids on  RadWindows, and those tabs opening the proper RadWindows.  It is working awesome!

But I've run into another thing.  There are no scroll bars showing up the above RadWindows like they are by default in other standard RadWindows I'm using elsewhere as simple popups.  This occurs in IE 8.  In FF 3.5.3, I at least see the vertical scroll bar but it is partially covered by the browser vertical scroll bar.  See attached images.  I scrolled over to the right in the ff353 image so you could see what was happening with the vertical scroll bars.

I'm using these properties on the RadWindowManager.
<telerik:RadWindowManager id="MainRadWindowManager" runat="server" ShowContentDuringLoad="false" VisibleStatusBar="false"
VisibleTitleBar="false" Skin="Sunset" RestrictionZoneID="center" BorderStyle="none" BorderWidth="0"
Behavior="Maximize" InitialBehaviour="Maximize">

The CSS for the center DIV is:
#center
{
  top: 82px;
  margin-left: 135px;
  margin-top: 10px;
  margin-right: 0px;
  height: 100%;
}

Most of the other forums ask about hiding the scroll bars.  In this case, I want them to show, but they are not.  It must have something to do with the above settings.  The design I'm going for is an MDI type interface where the lower right is the document display area where each document is maximized by default, but allows the user to scroll down if the content of the RadWindow is longer.

What I'd like to have happen is:
  1. The browser scroll bar is hidden in FF and IE.
  2. The scroll bar shows up like it is supposed to in the RadWindow for both FF and IE.

What / where do I have to tweak to get it there?
Thanks
Ken
Kenneth Mazur
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2009, 05:18 AM
I've attempted to add the vertical scroll bars using various methods.  All to no avail.  Do you have any advice about how to get them to show up properly?
Thanks
Ken
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2009, 03:03 PM
Hello Kenneth,

Please open a support ticket and send us a sample project that reproduces your exact setup and the problem with it. Once we have a better view over your case, we will be able to provide you with the most appropriate solution right away.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Kenneth Mazur
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Oct 2009, 03:56 PM
Georgi,
I don't currently have support tickets available to me.  I do have a sample project that I can submit.  How can I submit a project to you.
Thanks
Ken
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Nov 2009, 01:23 PM
Hello Kenneth,

You can send it to support[at]telerik.com with a reference to this thread. Having the support ticket option disabled means that your support package with us is expired, so I would also suggest to consider renewing your license.

Greetings,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Tags
Window
Asked by
srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
srikanth
Top achievements
Rank 1