This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

'ChartSeries' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Telerik.Charting'.

3 Answers 182 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Den
Top achievements
Rank 1
Den asked on 11 Dec 2008, 08:30 PM
Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ChartSeries' is ambiguous in the namespace   
'Telerik.Charting'.

- and -

Compiler Error Message: BC30560: 'ChartClickEventArgs' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Telerik.Charting'. 

I keep getting the above error after upgrade from 2008_3_1016_dev to 2008_3_1125.
It fixed by itself after I click on "Save" a few times in MS visual Studio but error came back again when I made any changes on the page.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks.
Den

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Den
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Dec 2008, 11:10 PM
anyone please?
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 15 Dec 2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Den,

It seems your project is referencing two distinct versions of the Telerik.Charting assembly and that is causing the problem -- probably the register directive in your page for the Telerik.Charting assembly points to the old version that came with the 2008.3.1016 version and you probably have it installed in the GAC. Now you have probably copied the new Telerik.Charting (that came with version 2008.3.1125) in the /bin folder of your application and you need to modify the register directive to reference either the local Telerik.Charting assembly or you can install it in the GAC and reference it from there as well.

Note, that you also need to update the ChartHttpHandler in your web.config to reference the 1125 version as well.

If the problem persists and in order to advise you properly we would need you to elaborate on these points:
  • Could you confirm that you have used the RadControls installer or whether you have manually installed Telerik.Charting assemblies in the GAC (if you have run the installer, it has installed the Charting assembly in the GAC automatically). Could you confirm which versions of Telerik.Charting are in the GAC of your workstation machine.
  • Could you send us the ASPX of the offending page and the corresponding project web.config.

Greetings,
Manuel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nicolaï
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 29 Jan 2009, 08:06 AM
I had the same error just now...
In my case, I had just forgotten to remove an old telerik charting dll from the bin folder..
Simply deleting it, stopped the error..
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
Den
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Den
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giuseppe