This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected

4 Answers 116 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
tlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
tlp asked on 01 Jul 2008, 11:17 AM

I’m in the process of converting our web application from RadControls for ASP.NET to the new RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. I have encountered a scenario that does not seem to work with the new AJAX controls but had worked previously.

Basically, there is a page with a grid control that allows editing using a user control. The user control contains a RadWindow control and some javascript to open the RadWindow. There is a button on the user control that is used to execute the script to open the RadWindow. When the grid is in edit mode and the button is clicked to open the RadWindow, the following JavaScript error is thrown:

“Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected”

If I try and debug the error, the following message is provided.

“There is not source code available at the current location.”

It seems like the RadWindow control and the javascript within the user control are ignored when the user control is rendered on the page.

Any help in resolving the above issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, 

Tony

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Jul 2008, 11:45 AM
Hi Tony,

Is your application configured to use asp.net AJAX? Go through the following link which discusses on configuring asp.net AJAX.
Configuring ASP.NET AJAX

Princy.
tlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2008, 01:24 PM
Princy,

Yes, it is has been configured to use ASP.NET AJAX.

Thanks,

Tony
Colstor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Sep 2008, 11:30 PM
Was there are resolution to this issue?  I have a similar issue with dynamically loading as user control with RadGrid, which contains two dropdowncolumns and a template column.  If I disable AJAX on the RadAjaxManager the user control will load without issue.  If I remove the RadGrid from the user control it will also load without issue.  The error given when the user control is loaded is the same as in this thread  “Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object expected”.  The website is AJAX enabled and the user control is loaded into a panel.  The panel is AJAX enable with the Telerik Ajax Manager on a master page.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David
tlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Sep 2008, 10:19 PM
David,

I did not get a resolution from Telerik but I did find a solution that resolved my issue. I'm not sure if the solution I have will resolve your issue. In my instance, the script to open the rad window control was contained in the user control ascx page. I moved the script and necessary logic from the user control to the aspx page using/creating the user control and this resolved the issue.

Tony
Tags
Grid
Asked by
tlp
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Princy
Top achievements
Rank 2
tlp