This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

'initSplitter' was undefined

3 Answers 20 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Scott asked on 20 Jan 2021, 05:17 PM

I just updated to telerik.ui.for.blazor.trial 2.21.0.  I was excited to find TelerikSplitter.

 

I am getting this error when I run my WebAssembly ASP.NET core hosted app:

Microsoft.JSInterop.JSException: Could not find 'TelerikBlazor.initSplitter' ('initSplitter' was undefined).

 

It does render correctly but dragging has no effect.  Am I doing something stupid? 

 

MainLayout:

<TelerikRootComponent>
         <TelerikSplitter>
            <SplitterPanes>
                <SplitterPane>
                    Left pane
                </SplitterPane>
                <SplitterPane>
                    Right Pane
                </SplitterPane>
            </SplitterPanes>
        </TelerikSplitter>
</TelerikRootComponent>

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2021, 05:33 PM
This error only happens when using IIS
0
Accepted
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2021, 06:48 PM

Hi Scott,

Could you go through this article to see if it helps: https://docs.telerik.com/blazor-ui/troubleshooting/js-errors? If you are using the static assets, you should probably clear the browser cache because it is still getting the old files (or perhaps the IIS deployment is not copying the new file - it has the same name but new content). If you are using the CDN, make sure the version in the URL is updated.

 

Regards,
Marin Bratanov
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

0
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2021, 08:23 PM

Thanks Marin,

I'm not sure what actually fixed it but I switched back to IIS and it works without issue.  I'm going to assume it was browser cache based on little or nothing.

Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
Share this question
or