R2 2019 of Telerik UI for WPF and Telerik UI for Silverlight is already available to download and it is fully packed with cool stuff. 🙌 We are introducing two new controls – WebCam and TabbedWindow, new Simplified View for the Ribbon control as well many new features in the Spreadsheet, TabControl and other controls.
Let’s dive into all the new controls and features of this release.
You wanted it – we delivered it! One of the most voted requests in our Feedback portal is now available in Telerik UI for WPF. RadWebCam allows you to easily capture photo or video and use it within your WPF application.
Here are the features of the initial version of controls:
- Video stream – the control streams video from the connected camera.
- Snapshot – easily take a picture by pressing camera button.
- Snapshot preview – save or discard the taken snapshot.
- Video recording – record video with ease by pressing the video camera button (without audio for this version).
- Separate setting control – control the camera settings either through the built-in dialog or through separate control.
- Localization – all the strings seen in the control are localized in all of our supported languages.
For more info check the WebCam documentation here or give it a spin through our WPF Demos! We need all of your feedback about the control, so we can better shape it (per your needs). Make sure to drop me a line here or in our Feedback portal – I will appreciate it.
Happy selfying 🤳!
Tabbed Window Control
Introducing the brand new RadTabbedWindow control. It will allow you to easily create browser-like user interface within your WPF application. You would be able to benefit from all the features of RadTabControl and RadWindow when using RadTabbedWindow.
Here are the key features of the control:
- Pin/Unpin/Close Tabs – Pin the important tabs on the left side of the control using the respective button. Close any using the built-in close (x) button.
- Add New Tabs - Add as many new tabs as needed at run-time using the built-in “plus” (+) button.
- Drag and Drop – User can reorder tabs in a single window, drag out tab to create new window, or drag drop a tab from one window to another.
- Themes – Benefit from the beauty of all the Telerik UI for WPF themes
- CodedUI and Automation support
For more details please check this section of our online help documentation.
RadRibbonView now supports the modern look of the latest MS office application. Using this smaller more compact layout you could show only the common/important commands and have more space for the actual content of the application. With this modern appearance you will impress your customers and at the same time provide better user experience.
So in order to get it working just take your already built Ribbon UI and define the desired simplified UI by setting the SimplifiedItems property of RibbonTab. For more details on how to setup the Ribbon please refer to this help article.
Spreadsheet and SpreadProcessing: Scatter and Bubble charts
As promised, we continue to develop the charting functionality and with this release you can use two more chart types: Bubble and Scatter. The Scatter charts allow you to easily compare the relationship between two variables visually using two value axes. The bubbles are a different way to represent the Scatter charts and enable you to add a third value to the plotted data: the size of the bubbles.
For more info how to display charts in Spreadsheet check this article and for SpreadProcessing this article.
RadWindow Dialogs – Default Button
Have you ever wanted to change the default focused button of RadConfirm? If so – I know your pain. This is now possible without extracting and modifying its ControlTemplate – just set the DefaultFocusedButton property of the DialogParameters as shown below:
var dialogParams =
"Are you sure?"
DefaultFocusedButton = ResponseButton.Cancel
And here is the result:
Check out the Predefined Dialogs article for more info.
.Net Core 3 Visual Studio Templates
Happy to announce that all of our Visual Studio project templates are available now as .Net Core project templates! Now with just a few clicks you could implement a rich Windows inspired application using the .Net Core version of Telerik UI for WPF. You would be able to choose from the following templates, they are available for Xaml and No Xaml binaries:
Happy coding! 👩💻
- AutomationManager: Custom AutomationProperties.HelpText will be now supported by setting the UseDefaultHelpText property to false. (link)
- Themes: Introduced DisabledOpacity as dynamic palette resource for Windows8, Windows8Touch, Office2013, VisualStudio2013 themes.
- GridView: New SearchMode that indicates whether an item should match any or all of the search terms. (link)
- Map: Added option to provide API key for the OpenStreetmapProvider. The API key is needed for the Cycle and Transport modes. (link)
- PropertyGrid: Added ability to control the initial expanded stated of the groups. (link)
- VirtualGrid: Now if QueryableCollectionView is passed to the DataProvider the control will automatically use it instead of creating new instance.
- TabControl: Added predefined pin and close buttons of the TabItems. (link)
Sign Up for the Webinar
To see the new release in action, please join us on the Telerik UI R2 2019 webinar, on Wednesday, May 29th @ 11:00 am - 12 pm EST.
Save My Seat
Share Your Feedback
Feel free to drop us a comment below sharing your thoughts. Or visit our Feedback portals about UI for WPF, Silverlight and Document Processing Libraries and let us know if you have any suggestions or if you need any particular features/controls.
Try out the latest:
UI for WPF UI for Silverlight
In case you missed it, here are some of the updates from our last release.