In our new ticket submission process, find out how you can quickly find answers to your questions before even submitting a support ticket.
I am excited to present our new ticket submission workflow, which allows you to find the required information immediately from within our existing resources.
It does change the way you open a ticket a bit, and if you are in a hurry, jump to the short video tutorial below to explore the new process.
Here I'll list the steps, explain what they do and how to use the interface. After a quick read, you'll be an expert in using integrated search. Following the steps, there is a short video that walks you through the process.
10 Easy Steps for Support
- Go to your account and click Get Support
- Choose a product from the dropdown
- Review the most popular resources for this product that you will get. More often than not, the answer is already in the documentation, demos, forums, KBs or code library samples.
- If this does not help, type your question in the textbox at the bottom and click Submit
- Explore the search results. Clicking them opens the pages in new tabs, so don’t worry about losing your progress.
This new step aims to promote self-service, because this is the fastest way to get answers. A quick search can provide the answer within minutes without you having to add explanations or code samples and wait for a response. Self-help is the best help.
- If you didn’t find what you were looking for, click the Submit Support Ticket button at the bottom. From here onwards there aren’t any significant changes
- Choose the type of issue (generic support needed, a bug report or a feature request) and the generic area
- Choose sub-product (or control, for suites consisting of many controls). This routes your query to the most appropriate team for the best possible answer.
- Fill in the information (product version, OS, browsers, etc.) as this helps us immensely
- Add subject and issue description. Detailed explanations, code samples that showcase the problem, everything you can. Having enough information helps us help you.
We are also working on a page with best practices and pro tips on how to get the best out of our support services, so stay tuned!
Video: How to Submit a Support Ticket