KendoReact OrgChart Overview
The KendoReact OrgChart allows you to view and interact with an organizational structure. It gives the possibility to easily visualize hierarchies and is very useful in scenarios like what teams employees are part of and who they report to. It provides a tree-like structure where the user can edit the individual items, change the item's parent, or group the nodes in the tree.
The KendoReact OrgChart component is part of the KendoReact library of React UI components. It is distributed through NPM under the @progress/kendo-react-orgchart npm package.
The following example demonstrates the OrgChart in action.
The OrgChart supports local and remote data binding.
The solution supports lazy loading. Whether all nodes will be loaded on the initial request or the nodes will be loaded on demand depends on the respective read endpoint.
The solution should supports grouping of nodes. Grouping will be possible only for items that have the same parent item, or have no parent item (root-level items).
Allows you to expand or hide the elements of a branch.
Modify the width, height and vertical lInes height of the nodes vertical and horizontal spacing of between the elements.
Provide customization powered by templates that allow for the customization of the individual item metadata, allowing for a metadata to be text, files of pictures (which could be visualized)
Using any of the UI components in the KendoReact library requires either a commercial license key or an active trial license key. Follow the instructions on the KendoReact My License page to activate your license.
- KendoReact license holders and anyone in an active trial can take advantage of the outstanding KendoReact customer support delivered by the developers who built the library. To submit a support ticket, use the Telerik support system.
- The KendoReact forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the KendoReact team on all kinds of general issues.
- KendoReact Feedback Portal and KendoReact Roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also those planned for release.
- KendoReact uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker, and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- Need something unique that is tailor-made for your project? Progress offers its Progress Services group that can work with you to create any customized solution that you might need.