KendoReact AutoComplete Overview
The KendoReact AutoComplete is a form component that provides suggestions depending on the typed text and is a richer version of the
<input> element and supports data binding, filtering, and custom rendering.
The KendoReact AutoComplete component is part of the KendoReact library of React UI components. It is distributed through NPM under the kendo-react-dropdowns package.
The following example demonstrates the AutoComplete in action.
The AutoComplete is part of the KendoReact Dropdowns component library. The procedures for installing, importing, and using the Dropdowns are identical for all components in the package. To learn how to use the AutoComplete and the rest of the Dropdowns, see the Getting Started with the KendoReact Dropdowns guide.
- Data and value binding—You can bind the AutoComplete to primitive (strings and numbers) or complex (objects) items.
- Filtering—You can configure the AutoComplete to filter the results locally or on the server.
- Suggestions—To turn the suggestions on, set the
- Custom rendering—You can customize the way the AutoComplete component renders its elements.
- Floating labels—You can show floating labels inside the KendoReact AutoComplete component.
- Forms support—You can use the React AutoComplete component with HTML form elements or with the KendoReact Form component.
- Globalization—The built-in globalization support allows you to create apps that are ready to be implemented worldwide.
- Keyboard navigation—The AutoComplete supports various keyboard shortcuts.
- Accessibility—The AutoComplete is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.