Kendo UI for Angular TextArea Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular TextArea provides highly customizable interface for displaying multi-line text.
You can integrate the component in forms or use it as a standalone item, and also customize its appearance by rendering elements such as buttons and icons.
The following example demonstrates the TextArea in action.
- Character counter—You can display a character counter for the TextArea to restrict the user input to a specified length.
- Adornments—The TextArea enables you to display custom items, such as buttons, icons, and more, as additional decorations for the component.
- Sizing—You can use the TextArea configuration options to specify its initial width and height, its directions for resizing or fixed size, and more.
- Forms support—You can use the TextArea both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Disabled TextArea—You can use the configuration options of the TextArea to disable the component so that users are not able to interact with it.
- Read-Only TextArea—The TextArea provides an option for overriding its default active state.
- TextArea directive—The TextArea component delivers the TextArea directive which provides options for styling and auto-resizing
- Debouncing value changes—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to implement a slight delay before they accept a new input value.
- Appearance—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs enable you to set their dimensions.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Inputs provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The TextArea is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
To learn more about the appearance, anatomy, and accessibility of the TextArea, visit the Progress Design System documentation—an information portal offering rich component usage guidelines, descriptions of the available style variables, and globalization support details.
- TextArea Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Inputs
- API Reference of the TextArea
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- TextArea Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base