Angular Inputs Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular Inputs are fields for allowing the input of data based on specific and predefined formats.
They include a variety of input types and styles that have extensive configuration options. This flexibility allows you to quickly and easily create the exact input you need to fit your specific requirements for functionality and appearance.
The Inputs are built from the ground up and specifically for Angular, so that you get high-performance input controls which integrate tightly with your application and with the rest of the Kendo UI for Angular components.
Each Kendo UI for Angular Inputs component delivers a range of handy and developer-friendly features whose number and further development are not limited by the list in this section. The Kendo UI for Angular team constantly invests efforts to improve the performance and add more value to the existing Inputs library as well as develop new features and controls to it.
By default, value updates are processed immediately after the user input. However, if you need to provide for some more complex scenarios and operations, you can still implement a slight delay before the components accept the new input value. Read more about debouncing value changes in the Inputs...
You can choose to render the Inputs in their disabled state so that, if need be present, users will not be able to interact with them. Read more about the Disabled MaskedTextBox...
The Inputs provide support both for the asynchronous template-driven Angular forms and the pedominantly synchronous reactive Angular forms. This feature allows you to draw on the logic set either in the template, or in the component or typescript code. Read more about the forms support of the MaskedTextBox...
The color and style of the Inputs are normally picked up by the current Kendo UI theme, but each aspect of the Inputs can be customized by theme variables or configuration options. Kendo UI for Angular delivers a set of popular themes including Bootstrap and Material, all of which can be easily customized with the Progress ThemeBuilder online utility. Read more about styling the Inputs...
The Kendo UI for Angular Inputs support globalization to ensure that each Inputs component can fit well in any application, no matter what languages and locales need to be supported. Additionally, the Inputs support rendering in a right-to-left (RTL) direction. Read more about Inputs globalization...
The Inputs are accessible for screen readers and support WAI-ARIA attributes. Read more about the accessibility support of the MaskedTextBox...
The Inputs support a number of keyboard shortcuts which alow users to accomplish various commands. Read more about the keyboard navigation of the MaskedTextBox...
The Kendo UI for Angular Inputs are part of the Kendo UI for Angular library. Kendo UI for Angular offers a 30-day trial with a full-featured version of the library—no restrictions! What’s more, you are eligible for full technical support during your trial period in case you have any questions. To sign up for a free 30-day trial, go here.
For any questions about the use of Kendo UI for Angular Inputs, or any of our other components, there are several support options available:
- Kendo UI license holders and anyone in an active trial can take advantage of the Kendo UI for Angular outstanding customer support delivered by the actual developers who built the library. To submit a support ticket, use the Kendo UI support system.
- Kendo UI for Angular forums are part of the free support you can get from the community and from the Kendo UI team on all kinds of general issues.
- Kendo UI for Angular feedback portal and Kendo UI for Angular roadmap provide information on the features in discussion and also the planned ones for release.
- Kendo UI for Angular uses GitHub Issues as its bug tracker and you can submit any related reports there. Also, check out the closed list.
- Of course, the Kendo UI for Angular team is active on StackOverflow as well and you can find a wealth of questions and answers there.
- Need something unique that is tailor-made for your project? Progress offers its Progress Services group that can work with you to create any customized solution that you might need.
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Inputs
- API Reference of the Inputs
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- Kendo UI for Angular Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base