Kendo UI for Angular MultiColumnComboBox Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular MultiColumnComboBox is a form component that lets you choose from a table-structured list of options.
It is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports data binding, filtering, templates, and the entering of custom values.
The following example demonstrates the MultiColumnComboBox in action.
- Data binding—You can bind the MultiColumnComboBox to a list of possible values containing arrays of complex data.
- Value binding—The MultiColumnComboBox enables you to set its value to primitive or complex data.
- Custom values—You can override the default behavior of the MultiColumnComboBox and configure it to accept custom values.
- Filtering—Apart from its default filter functionality, the MultiColumnComboBox provides options for performing server-side filtering and using its built-in filter directive.
- Grouping—You can group MultiColumnComboBox items and display them as a grouped result.
- Virtualization—The MultiColumnComboBox supports a virtualization mechanism which noticeably improves the performance of the component when it handles large datasets.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the MultiColumnComboBox items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Suggestions—The MultiColumnComboBox renders suggestions which appear while the user types in the input field.
- Controlling the open state—The MultiColumnComboBox allows you to implement a manual toggle functionality for its options list and prevent its opening and closing.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the MultiColumnComboBox by using templates for its cells, header, footer, and other elements.
- Forms support—You can use the MultiColumnComboBox both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The MultiColumnComboBox is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The MultiColumnComboBox supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.