Kendo UI for Angular DropDownTree Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular DropDownTree is a form component that renders data in a tree-like structure and lets you choose a single predefined value.
It is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports data binding, filtering and templates.
The following example demonstrates the DropDownTree in action.
- Data binding—The DropDownTree enables you to work with various types of data and provides a number of directives which cover various data-binding scenarios.
- Value binding—The DropDownTree enables you to set its value to primitive or complex data.
- Filtering——Apart from its default filter functionality, the DropDownTree provides built-in filter directives, and options for auto-expanding its items while filtering and performing manual filtering.
- Persisting the expanded state—You can persist the expanded state of DropDownTree items when the popup TreeView is re-rendered.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the DropDownTree items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the DropDownTree by using templates for its value, header, footer, and other elements.
- Controlling the open state—The DropDownTree enables you to configure the initially opened item and prevent the opening and closing of its options list.
- Forms support—You can use the DropDownTree both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The DropDownTree is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The DropDownTree supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.
Support and Learning Resources
- DropDownTree Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns
- API Reference of the DropDownTree
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- DropDownTree Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base