Kendo UI for Angular ComboBox Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular ComboBox is a form component that lets you choose from a list of options.
It is a richer version of the
<select> element and supports data binding, filtering, templates, and the entering of custom values.
The following example demonstrates the Angular ComboBox in action.
- Data binding—You can bind the Angular ComboBox to a list of possible values containing arrays of primitive or complex data.
- Value binding—The ComboBox enables you to set its value to primitive or complex data.
- Custom values—You can override the default behavior of the ComboBox and configure it to accept custom values.
- Filtering—Apart from its default filter functionality, the Angular ComboBox provides options for performing server-side filtering, setting a minimum length of the search symbols, and using its built-in filter directive.
- Grouping—You can group ComboBox items and display them as a grouped result.
- Virtualization—The ComboBox supports a virtualization mechanism which noticeably improves the performance of the component when it handles large datasets.
- Disabled items—You can disable any of the ComboBox items and prevent users from interacting with them.
- Suggestions—The ComboBox renders suggestions which appear while the user types in the input field and also provides ways for controlling the behavior of the suggestion list such as preventing its opening and closing.
- Templates—You can customize the content of the ComboBox by using templates for its items, header, footer, and other elements.
- Forms support—You can use the Angular ComboBox both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Cascading ComboBoxes—The ComboBox enables you to render a series of two or more ComboBoxes where each ComboBox is filtered based on the selected option in the previous ComboBox.
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The ComboBox is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The Angular ComboBox supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.
To learn more about the appearance, anatomy, and accessibility of the ComboBox, visit the Progress Design System documentation—an information portal offering rich component usage guidelines, descriptions of the available style variables, and globalization support details.
Support and Learning Resources
- ComboBox Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Dropdowns
- API Reference of the ComboBox
- Angular ComboBoxList Features
- "How to Build Modern Angular Dropdowns in Minutes with Kendo UI"
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- ComboBox Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base