Kendo UI for Angular DatePicker Overview
The Kendo UI for Angular DatePicker combines the Kendo UI DateInput and Calendar components.
It enables the user to enter or pick a date value.
The following example demonstrates the DatePicker in action.
- Calendar options—You can use various options to configure the popup calendar within the DatePicker—for example, switch between different calendar layouts, handle the animation of the calendar navigation, set the focused dates and the initially loaded calendar page, and more.
- Disabled DatePicker—You can use the configuration options of the DatePicker to disable the component so that users are not able to interact with it.
- Read-only DatePicker—The DatePicker provides a configuration option for rendering it or its input field only in a read-only state.
- Disabled dates—The DatePicker supports specific approaches for disabling a selection of dates such as through using a function, an array of dates, or an array of days.
- Date ranges—Within the DatePicker, date ranges can be defined by setting a start and end date for a period of time.
- Fast navigation sidebar—The DatePicker supports configuration options for controlling the default navigation sidebar.
- Templates—You can customize the content of each Calendar cell within the DatePicker and define a cell template.
- Formats—You can display the DatePicker in its single format at all times or configure it to show the value in different formats when the input is focused or blurred.
- Placeholders—The DatePicker provides options for setting its input field and render a text hint or descriptions for its format sections.
- Incomplete date validation—The incomplete date validation feature of the DatePicker ensures that users do not accidentally leave a non-required field partially populated.
- Forms support—You can use the DatePicker both in template-driven and reactive Angular forms.
- Integration with JSON—As the DatePicker works only with
- Globalization—All Kendo UI for Angular Date Inputs provide globalization options.
- Accessibility—The DatePicker is accessible for screen readers and supports WAI-ARIA attributes.
- Keyboard navigation—The DatePicker supports a number of keyboard shortcuts for processing various commands.
Support and Learning Resources
- DatePicker Homepage
- Getting Started with the Kendo UI for Angular Date Inputs
- API Reference of the DatePicker
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Online Guide)
- Getting Started with Kendo UI for Angular (Video Tutorial)
- Virtual Classroom (Training Courses for Registered Users)
- DatePicker Forum
- Before You Start: All Things Angular (Telerik Blog Post)
- Knowledge Base