This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

XML

3 Answers 75 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Geoff asked on 20 Jul 2010, 03:59 PM
Hi there

I have recently started developing with the Rad Controls and have a question.....

We are experimenting with the RadMenu and have set it up to load the menu structure using the LoadContentFile method.

This is working very well and we are able to generate menus based on the current users profile/membership.

The issue is we can see no way to set the navigateURL property in the XML - How do we achieve this?

I am aware that it can be done in code but is there anyway this property can be set in the XML?

Ideally we want to manage the menu structure using numerous XML definitions as we need to customise the menu for each seperate client and would rather do this with simple updates to XML rather than editing code each time.

Any help greatly appreciated

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 10:06 AM
Ok no feedback yet so can anybody tell me....

As we are using the LoadContentFile option to load an XML file where can I find the schema or a valid format that defines what can and cAnt be in the XML?

After searching the forums I have found various and different examples of loading XML files but they all seem to differ??

So can anybody point me at a full definition for valid xml used by the menu.

Many thanks

Accepted
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 04:47 PM
Hi Geoff,

Please take a look at my example for binding the RadMenu to XML file. In the attached .xml file you can see the valid properties. Also if you need to add some additional properties to the menu items like Tooltip you can subscribe to the ItemDataBound event as described in this help topic

All the best,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2010, 04:58 PM
Thank you very much Veronica - that was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for takling them time to post - much appreciated.

All the best

Geoff
Tags
Menu
Asked by
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1