Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer
225 views

We are working on implementing exporting to Excel in our application's radgridview - we used this tutorial: https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/controls/radgridview/export/generic/export and it works with some errors. 

When trying to create a file with an .xls file extension, we get an error of "The format and extension of this file do not match". How do we fix this? 

When saving, the file extension appears twice after the "Excel files" in the save dialog. Why is this? Is this potentially causing issues? 

Also, we would like to change the formatting of the file on export - for example, freezing the headers, automatically setting the column widths, etc - what is the best way to set these properties?

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2021
1 answer
181 views

dear sir,

 We use RadDocking inside our project.

unfortunately when we remove RadPane from the RadPaneGroup we still see it in visual tree as hidden= true. we want it to be removed  and not saved when we calls SaveLayout.

to avoid this behavior we use :RadPane.RemoveFromParent , but after calling the function we get this exception:

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadDocking.HidePane(RadPane pane)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadPane.Close()
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadPane.OnIsHiddenChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking.PaneGroupBase.ExecuteCommand(RadPane pane, ICommand command, PaneGroupBase groupBase)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.Docking.PaneGroupBase.<>c__DisplayClass3.<OnPaneCommandInvoke>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(CulturePreservingExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()

 

please we must find a solution .

Thanks you

Yafit

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2021
1 answer
465 views

Hi,

I have a project where I need to be able to drag a ListBox Item to a different ListBox. If I dont populate the second Listbox with anything; then when I drop the item, it just disappears. When I have at least 1 Item in the second ListBox then I get "'Element already has a logical parent. It must be detached from the old parent before it is attached to a new one". I need to be able to do this as well as add a prefix to each added item eg: "A - FirstItem" and "B - SecondItem".

I tried using the Converter class too but it doesnt seem to work. It is important to note that I have tried this method using Binding as well as just dynamically adding objects to the Listbox. Nothing works. Attached is all the images from my sample project needed to diagnose my issue.

Please Help

Thank you,

Dean.

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2021
1 answer
259 views

Hi

I'm trying to style the column header background colour of the RadTaskBoard.

Using the RadTaskBoard.ColumnHeaderTemplate you can change the content of the column header as in the image below, but you can't style the background.

I need each column header (and collapsed header) to have its own colour. Is there a way I can achieve this?

Thanks

Guy

Dilyan Traykov
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Aug 2021
4 answers
346 views

Hello.

I've attached some examples.

This is different when I do a mouse click event and a SelectedItem on the source.

When selecting with the mouse, the default color of Fluent is cyan.

When defining SelectedItem by code, it is defined with a gray background. (SelectedItem = data)
When you select the SelectedItem with the mouse, it is selected again and it is changed to a cyan color.

is this correct?
How do I solve it?

 

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2021
1 answer
220 views

Hello.

 

I posted a post a while ago and had the desired solution.

https://www.telerik.com/forums/error-empty-gridview-message-content-in-gridview-sdk

 

However, in this case, there was only one grid view in the tab control and the other items were of different types.

Now I need multiple gridviews inside the tab control.

If you add multiple gridviews, an error like the link above will occur.

The first gridview passes, but errors start in the remaining 2nd and 3rd gridviews.

 

The attached example is just adding TabItems from the previous link and deferring InsertAdditionalContentControl .

How to solve this?

 

Thanks.

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2021
1 answer
136 views

GanttView can import from xml , but export xml need to install MSProject.

Can I export the GanttView to XML format do't install MSProject ?

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2021
1 answer
282 views

I am trying to achieve the following behavior:

1. Wheel will control vertical scroll

2. Horizontal scroll will be visible with resize controls (zoom in and zoom out)

 

Is this possible?

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2021
1 answer
493 views

The RadToggleButton is in example.xaml, how to get the statue of it(ischeck or not) in ViewModel.cs ?

And change the statue of Button in ViewModel.cs?

Thanks~

Psyduck
Top achievements
Rank 5
Bronze
Bronze
Bronze
 updated answer on 27 Aug 2021
3 answers
318 views

 

Hi, Telerik,

I am developing for WPF Prism application on .Net 5.

I need to provide an editor functionality which is in MS Word.

I found Perlom's question here and have read it but, I can't have any clue.

How can I solve this problem?

For your information, I am going to attach an image file captured  Perlom's question.

 

TIA

Kang

 

Vladislav
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Aug 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Chart
RichTextBox
Docking
ScheduleView
ChartView
TreeView
Diagram
Map
ComboBox
TreeListView
Window
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
PropertyGrid
DragAndDrop
TabControl
TileView
Carousel
DataForm
PDFViewer
MaskedInput (Numeric, DateTime, Text, Currency)
AutoCompleteBox
DatePicker
Buttons
ListBox
GanttView
PivotGrid
Spreadsheet
Gauges
NumericUpDown
PanelBar
DateTimePicker
DataFilter
Menu
ContextMenu
TimeLine
Calendar
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
ImageEditor
BusyIndicator
Expander
Slider
TileList
DataPager
PersistenceFramework
Styling
TimeBar
OutlookBar
TransitionControl
FileDialogs
Book
ToolBar
ColorPicker
TimePicker
MultiColumnComboBox
SyntaxEditor
VirtualGrid
NavigationView (Hamburger Menu)
Wizard
ExpressionEditor
WatermarkTextBox
DesktopAlert
BarCode
SpellChecker
DataServiceDataSource
EntityFrameworkDataSource
RadialMenu
ChartView3D
Data Virtualization
BreadCrumb
LayoutControl
ProgressBar
Sparkline
TabbedWindow
ToolTip
CloudUpload
ColorEditor
TreeMap and PivotMap
EntityFrameworkCoreDataSource (.Net Core)
HeatMap
Chat (Conversational UI)
VirtualizingWrapPanel
Calculator
NotifyIcon
TaskBoard
TimeSpanPicker
BulletGraph
Licensing
WebCam
CardView
DataBar
FilePathPicker
Callout
PasswordBox
SplashScreen
Localization
Rating
Accessibility
CollectionNavigator
AutoSuggestBox
Security
VirtualKeyboard
HighlightTextBlock
TouchManager
StepProgressBar
Badge
OfficeNavigationBar
ExpressionParser
CircularProgressBar
SvgImage
PipsPager
SlideView
AI Coding Assistant
InlineAIAssistant
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?