Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
4 answers
194 views
OK, I've searched through the objects pretty thoroughly, and can't seem to find a solution to this problem.  I am trying to retrieve the point (X Y coordinates) within the current page where a mouse event fires (in this case, mouse up event)

I can get the screen coordinates, and from that the coordinates within the control, but I'm interested in returning the Point within the actual page being clicked on.  Any hints?

Deyan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
1 answer
335 views
Hi,
I can not determine the coordinates of a mouse click on a pdf page. 
I would like to save the coordinates and page number in a "bookmark" for then navigate these bookmarks using the method GoToDestination. 

Can you help me?

Clement
Deyan
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
15 answers
490 views

Hello. I have big problem. I have application with next structure: ... -> ScrollViewer -> Canvas -> ContentControls (many) -> GridView.

When I remove one ContentControl with GridView from Canvas, GridView is still be in memory. It occurs because the gridView has SizeChangedEventHandler (see attached image).

I deleted ScrollViewer from application and now gridView delete from memory.

Full Call stack from attached image

Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView!Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.EnsureInternalScrollControls() GridViewDataControl.cs
Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView!Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.get_InternalScrollHost() GridViewDataControl.cs
Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView!Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewHeaderRow.MeasureOverride( Size ) GridViewHeaderRow.cs
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
PresentationCore!System.Windows.UIElement.Measure( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell( int,bool )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup( int,Size,bool,bool )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
PresentationCore!System.Windows.UIElement.Measure( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.ScrollViewer.MeasureOverride( Size )
Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView!Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewScrollViewer.MeasureOverride( Size ) GridViewScrollViewer.cs
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
PresentationCore!System.Windows.UIElement.Measure( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell( int,bool )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup( int,Size,bool,bool )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
PresentationCore!System.Windows.UIElement.Measure( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
PresentationCore!System.Windows.UIElement.Measure( Size )
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride( Size )
Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView!Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView.GridViewDataControl.MeasureOverride( Size ) GridViewDataControl.cs
PresentationFramework!System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore( Size )
[Truncated]


Can you help me?

Thanks

Dimitrina
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
4 answers
910 views
Hi I am using RadMenu. I want the dropdown menu to close after one of the menuitems clicked.
I am using the attached code but it doesn't close at this point. I need to click outside of the menu to close that dropdown options. Please help.
<Button Style="{StaticResource AddButton}">
    <telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu >
        <telerik:RadContextMenu EventName="Click" ItemsSource="{Binding NewEntityMenuItems}" StaysOpen="False">
            <telerik:RadContextMenu.ItemTemplate>
                <DataTemplate>
                    <telerik:RadMenuItem Header="{Binding Text}" Command="{Binding MenuItemClickedCommand}" StaysOpenOnClick="False"></telerik:RadMenuItem>
                </DataTemplate>
            </telerik:RadContextMenu.ItemTemplate>
        </telerik:RadContextMenu>
    </telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>
</Button>

Andy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
1 answer
194 views
I worked through RadDocking documentation and also a lot of your (SDK) examples but I still did not find out how to set the DataTemplate of a RadPane.

In my project I use the same approach as in your SDK example "VisualStudioDocking_WPF" so RadDocking.PanesSourceis bound to an ObservableCollection<PaneViewModel>. With that I can dynamically add RadPanes on my RadDocking.DocumentHost in an MVVM friendly way. That's nice but sadly the example ends here - each RadPane is an empty Control just showing the TypeName of the ViewModel.

In my CustomDockingPanesFactory.CreatePaneForItem I set the following properties:
pane.DataContext = paneViewModel;
pane.Header = paneViewModel.UserControlViewModel.Header;
pane.Content = paneViewModel.UserControlViewModel;

What I need is an example of how to set the DataTemplates for my RadPanes. Is there a clean way to set the DataTemplates and the DataTemplateSelector on XAML?

George
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
1 answer
884 views
Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible with a RadGridView to have the double click event not enable edits on the cell ?
Single click edits work fine, but double clicks activate another view, and I do not want the cell being in an editable state at this point.

Is there a solution to this ?

Thanks.
Boris
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
4 answers
99 views
In my project it seems that I cannot open custom appointments that have a recurrency set. How can I debug this since no exception is thrown?
Should I try to investigate the Telerik source codes? If so, where to begin?

I tried with a simpler project and then it works. However after hours of investigating I don't know where to look at.

Some details about the project:
- Telerik.Windows.Controls.ScheduleView version: 2014.2.617.45
- CustomAppointment
- Custom Resource
- Custom EditAppointmentTemplate and a Custom ViewModel behind it

Thanks,

Jim
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
1 answer
213 views
Hello everyone, 

I'm using RadTileView and I've decided to use Grid inside tileview for items positioning. But it causes top bar with maximize/minimize button. Here is my code and the result is displayed in picture(TileWithGrid.png). 

<telerik:RadTileView   x:Name="tileView" >
            <Grid >
                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                    <RowDefinition />
                    <RowDefinition />
                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="2.5*" />
                    <ColumnDefinition Width="*" />
                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Red"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                         Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0"
                                         DataContext="{StaticResource NewTile}"/>
 
 
                <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Blue"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                         Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="0"
                                         DataContext="{StaticResource RecentTile}"/>
<Grid>
            <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Orange"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                     Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1"  Grid.RowSpan="2"
                                     DataContext="{StaticResource ErrorsTile}"/>
 
                 
            </Grid>
        </telerik:RadTileView>
</Grid>

But when I remove Grid inside TileView top bar disappears. Here is code without Grid and the result is displayed in TileWithoutGrid.png

<Grid>
 
        <telerik:RadTileView x:Name="tileView" >
            
                <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Red"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                          
                                         DataContext="{StaticResource NewTile}"/>
 
 
                <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Blue"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                         
                                         DataContext="{StaticResource RecentTile}"/>
 
                <telerik:RadTileViewItem Background="Orange"
                                     Header="Item 0"
                                     Style="{DynamicResource RadTileViewItemStyle}"
                                      
                                     DataContext="{StaticResource ErrorsTile}"/>
             
        </telerik:RadTileView>
    </Grid>

So how can I mix TileView with Grid without top bar displayed?

Pavel R. Pavlov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
3 answers
258 views
Hello, our QA are asking me to solve some strange problem with cursor behavior. If i have some text in radrichtextbox and i'm holding Left or Right arrow button, cursor moves. And it continues flashing while moving. 

This behavior look pretty strange for our users and testing engineers.  For example microsoft office and WPF native RichTextEditor cursors flash only in stationary mode. And they are solid while moving.

Is there any way to change cursor behavior in this case?
Grigory
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Jul 2014
7 answers
164 views
Hi, 

I have a very big problem: when I add many shapes (>100), the paint is very slowly. First, I calculate the position in background (for put the shapes one next to each other) and I paint (diagram.AddShape()) after.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks. 
Zarko
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Chart
RichTextBox
Docking
ScheduleView
ChartView
TreeView
Diagram
Map
ComboBox
TreeListView
Window
RibbonView and RibbonWindow
PropertyGrid
DragAndDrop
TabControl
TileView
Carousel
DataForm
PDFViewer
MaskedInput (Numeric, DateTime, Text, Currency)
AutoCompleteBox
DatePicker
Buttons
ListBox
GanttView
PivotGrid
Spreadsheet
Gauges
NumericUpDown
PanelBar
DateTimePicker
DataFilter
Menu
ContextMenu
TimeLine
Calendar
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
ImageEditor
BusyIndicator
Expander
Slider
TileList
DataPager
PersistenceFramework
Styling
TimeBar
OutlookBar
TransitionControl
FileDialogs
Book
ToolBar
ColorPicker
TimePicker
MultiColumnComboBox
SyntaxEditor
VirtualGrid
NavigationView (Hamburger Menu)
Wizard
ExpressionEditor
WatermarkTextBox
DesktopAlert
BarCode
SpellChecker
DataServiceDataSource
EntityFrameworkDataSource
RadialMenu
ChartView3D
Data Virtualization
BreadCrumb
LayoutControl
ProgressBar
Sparkline
TabbedWindow
ToolTip
CloudUpload
ColorEditor
TreeMap and PivotMap
EntityFrameworkCoreDataSource (.Net Core)
HeatMap
Chat (Conversational UI)
VirtualizingWrapPanel
Calculator
NotifyIcon
TaskBoard
TimeSpanPicker
BulletGraph
Licensing
WebCam
CardView
DataBar
FilePathPicker
Callout
PasswordBox
SplashScreen
Localization
Rating
Accessibility
CollectionNavigator
AutoSuggestBox
Security
VirtualKeyboard
HighlightTextBlock
TouchManager
StepProgressBar
Badge
OfficeNavigationBar
ExpressionParser
CircularProgressBar
SvgImage
PipsPager
SlideView
AI Coding Assistant
InlineAIAssistant
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?